2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Geisel one of those schools that likes non-trads? Can anyone who is in the class or applying here comment on their average age? Also, does Geisel prefer their own alumni?

Geisel does prefer Dartmouth Grads. On MSAR, it looks like more of their class comes form the 24-29 age bracket than the 19-23. Not sure about the actual average age though.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected, but at least I'm in good company.

Congratulations to those who received IIs today, and best of luck to the rest of us!

Reactions: 1 user
I got rejected a few hours after I sent an update. Wonder if it was coincidence or an issue with the update. Are they receptive to asking for feedback?

Did anyone who applied beginning of August get rejected, or is it just July so far? :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry about all of the rejections. Anyone complete after August 1st get rejected?

Last edited:
Complete 7/10 and nothing

Reactions: 2 users
Got the axe this morning. Appreciate them not ghosting though

Is Geisel one of those schools that likes non-trads? Can anyone who is in the class or applying here comment on their average age? Also, does Geisel prefer their own alumni?
Most of my class were non-traditional. I'm honestly not sure the average age and we have some classmates who had careers before switching to medicine so its a bit skewed, but I'd say the majority are around 24 when matriculating with several people in their early 30's. I also don't have hard evidence for geisel preferring dartmouth grads but we do have a lot in our class (most represented undergrad). Some came in as linked in from undergrad (you can apply as a dartmouth undergrad during your junior year) but most are just alums who were strong applicants and liked the area.

Any II sent out today, or are they only sending out bad news?
The last time they sent out IIs that I can see was 8/16, so almost a month ago. Hopefully they will start to send out more soon, especially after all of these rejections.

Last edited:
The last time they sent out IIs that I can see was 8/10, so a month ago. Hopefully they will start to send out more soon, especially after all of these rejections.
FWIW, I got my II on 8/16 (can't remember if I posted about it or not), but I would agree that they're due to send out more soon

What were the complete dates for those of you who have been rejected. Only 7/4?

Wow this is like the one time there were a bunch of rejections for a school and I haven't been included in it yet -fingers crossed-

I was complete at the very beginning of August and still haven't heard back...

Way too early to be concerned about how much time has passed. I was complete mid-July and haven't heard a thing. This is a long process, and its very possible to go a few months without hearing anything.

Not to mention that, based on the way today went, no news was the only good news from Geisel

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected yesterday, Complete 7/11! Good luck everyone still in the running :)

so.... who else got chopped? :/
Muh-muh-meeeeeee~ On Monday, but I got an II at another school right after so that's alright with me. Also my Lizzy score is low, so no surprise... I was complete 7/27 btw. Good luck to those of you who are still in the game!!

I was complete 7/11. I have not heard anything but with all these rejections going out, I guess it's only a matter of time? :nailbiting:

Complete 7/10. This is my hail Mary school. Nothing yet :/

Lol. Don't count yourself out. End of August so incredibly quick turn around
Holy cow! They didn't waste any time with you. I have been complete since the beginning of August, so I have my fingers crossed, but I know Dartmouth is a stretch for me.

II!!

Edit:
LizzieM 70.5
Complete: July-7

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II today! (3.43|526|complete 7/6) so stoked!!

Hope for the low GPA/high MCAT clan! Non trad?
Yep, non trad! It was impossible to make a school list with my stats so I shot in the dark- I'm sure you can relate. Hope it all goes well for you!!!

II today. This is my dream reach school, nearly jumped out of my pants when I saw the email on my phone! Complete 7/26. URM.

Reactions: 6 users
II today. This is my dream reach school, nearly jumped out of my pants when I saw the email on my phone! Complete 7/26. URM.
My Favorite Murder Fan??? Cause SAME.

My Favorite Murder Fan??? Cause SAME.

YES YES YES! Omg. You're the first one on here to catch that and say something!

Reactions: 1 users