2017-2018 George Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does GWU offer host-stay programs?
GWU does offer host stay programs! It is on the interview information page.

Members don't see this ad.

Felt like my interview went great, really connected with both of them. It was blind though, and i'm not great about talking about my accomplishments so maybe that's where I went wrong. Felt I was a really great fit though in terms of everything and i'm from the area so definitely a huge disappointment to be placed on the waitlist. Oh well that's why you apply to lots of places, you never know what's going to happen!
Thank you for your reply! Honestly I feel my interviews went well too, so that's discouraging, but good to know :( Ofc, it probably wasn't solely the interview...one might do well on interviews, but adcom picks based on the rest of the whole app. Guess it's a holistic and competitive process for a reason :/

I guess I just have to wait until next month to hear the final decision! And plus, people get off the waitlist too there is hope -- for now, onwards :)!

Reactions: 1 user
Let the day of decisions commence....

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your reply! Honestly I feel my interviews went well too, so that's discouraging, but good to know :( Ofc, it probably wasn't solely the interview...one might do well on interviews, but adcom picks based on the rest of the whole app. Guess it's a holistic and competitive process for a reason :/

I guess I just have to wait until next month to hear the final decision! And plus, people get off the waitlist too there is hope -- for now, onwards :)!

Yeah, I think someone on this thread said earlier that GW never rejects outright and that most people who go to school were waitlisted at first then accepted! So it’s definitely not over for you :)

My portal status just change to this:
Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email to your preferred email address on file with AMCAS.

YET i have no email!!!

OH MY GOD I GOT IN!!!!!!!! This was the first place I interviewed!!!!!!

Reactions: 24 users
II today scheduled for 11/30! Complete late August, did not provide any updates

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got this notification on my portal. "Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience." Does this essentially mean I've been put on waitlist for an interview/rejected?

Just got this notification on my portal. "Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience." Does this essentially mean I've been put on waitlist for an interview/rejected?

No it doesn't mean rejected. I had the same notice two months ago and I got a II

Reactions: 1 users
No it doesn't mean rejected. I had the same notice two months ago and I got a II

That's good to know. How long we're you on this hold status before you got the interview? Thanks!

congrats to everyone with acceptances!! still on that "re-review" train. After looking through the 2016-2017 GW application thread, there seemed to be interview invites throughout the winter for people who were previously placed on re-review earlier in the cycle. thur iz sum h0p3

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone that interviewed in early October heard anything back?

Looking back in last year's thread, October 21st (which was a Friday) was a mass rejection day for GW... Hoping we can breathe if we haven't heard anything but maybe they just haven't sent out the wave of rejections yet this year? I was complete in late July... still on re-review hold so getting quite a bit nervous.

Is anyone still waiting to hear a decision from an early September interview?

I got an interview yesterday after being on re-review. I gave no updates and I had placed them on my reject section of my spreadsheet so I guess there is hope- it ain't over till it's over.

Reactions: 17 users
I got an interview yesterday after being on re-review. I gave no updates and I had placed them on my reject section of my spreadsheet so I guess there is hope- it ain't over till it's over.
When did they place you on hold? Also, when did the status change to re-review? I have been on hold for a month now.

Has anyone that interviewed in early October heard anything back?
I'm an Oct 3rd interview and I haven't heard anything.
I interviewed September and was told there was no way I'd hear back in October xD October interview people may have a while to wait too, though you never know. Said it'd take up to 2 months/8 weeks to get back since adcom meets very infrequently :(

weird question for people that have IIs... when you go to attach your photo as a PDF using the portal does the attachment come up as C:\fakepath\....

I'm probably just being neurotic but I'm concerned my photo was not uploaded properly.

II Today!!! LizzyM ~ 67-70. OOS. I submitted 7/14 and was placed on hold soon after. I sent an update around 10/11.

Reactions: 10 users
weird question for people that have IIs... when you go to attach your photo as a PDF using the portal does the attachment come up as C:\fakepath\....

I'm probably just being neurotic but I'm concerned my photo was not uploaded properly.

This happened to me when I tried to upload an update letter (pdf) to the portal. Still not really sure if they can view it.

Waiting for my II here like

qdww5bS.png

Reactions: 30 users
My portal status just change to this:
Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email to your preferred email address on file with AMCAS.

YET i have no email!!!

I just noticed this on my portal too! And no email!! Just emailed admissions...really hope its an II!!!! Side note I was also placed on re-review prior to this portal update.

I just noticed this on my portal too! And no email!! Just emailed admissions...really hope its an II!!!! Side note I was also placed on re-review prior to this portal update.

Probably already did... but did you check your spam? My II from GW went to my spam folder.

Interviewed late September. Accepted today. My first II & first A. :soexcited:

Reactions: 22 users
Is it too late to send a secondary in here? LM 71, strong EC's.