2017-2018 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder why there's no 2018-19 ICOM thread up. I'm not an applicant this year, just curious to see the secondary questions.

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder why there's no 2018-19 ICOM thread up. I'm not an applicant this year, just curious to see the secondary questions.
Just made a thread if you want to take a look!

Reactions: 1 user
If normal EC, interview skills, and LORs, definitely YES. Apply elsewhere too. in fact apply to all DO schools. You WILL end up somewhere.
LOR from an MD and not a DO.

Full time ED scribe for 2 years.
Chem tutor at a community college for 2 years.
Pharmacy tech all throughout undergrad for 4 years
800 Volunteer hours at hospital.
100 Volunteer hours at a nursing home working with Alzeheimer's patients.
Leadership position at a club in school.

Biochem degree cGPA of 3.55 and sGPA of 3.42

MCAT 506- C/P 131; CARS 123; B/B 127; P/S 125.

I'm also ESL; moved to the US in 2012 (but a US citizen)

Members don't see this ad :)

You got a good shot dude. I was an OOS applicant with a 500 MCAT, 3.55 cGPA, 3.68 sGPA, similar ECs, MD LOR. I was accepted into ICOM. If anything, you have a good shot at most DO schools and a decent shot at some MD.

You got a good shot dude. I was an OOS applicant with a 500 MCAT, 3.55 cGPA, 3.68 sGPA, similar ECs, MD LOR. I was accepted into ICOM. If anything, you have a good shot at most DO schools and a decent shot at some MD.
Thank you! I'm really hoping I can get in somewhere; hopefully my 123 in CARS will not ruin my chances!

Would people mind chiming in with the lender they went with and the rate they got, as well as whether they went fixed or variable? Many Thanks

Would people mind chiming in with the lender they went with and the rate they got, as well as whether they went fixed or variable? Many Thanks
Wells Fargo, originally quoted with a 7.24% interest rate fixed. Switched my account over from Chase and got it down to 6.99%

You WILL be FINE!!!

Got into BCOM - currently deciding whether to leave my seat here and go there, or stick with ICOM. Any advice anyone? Thanks and all the best

Got into BCOM - currently deciding whether to leave my seat here and go there, or stick with ICOM. Any advice anyone? Thanks and all the best
They should be pretty similar though, right?

Anything new happen? Waitlist movement at all?

BCOM might be the better route for now as I believe they should now qualify for federal loans. Plus BCOM will probably have hammered out all the big kinks in the program by now. Otherwise, both schools are going to be similar

Hey ICOM waitlisters, I withdrew today :( so someone should be getting exciting news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ICOM waitlisters, I withdrew today :( so someone should be getting exciting news soon!
Why the sad face? Did you get accepted somewhere else? Matriculation should be a happy thing!

Why the sad face? Did you get accepted somewhere else? Matriculation should be a happy thing!
You’re right, and I am excited to have been accepted off another waitlist! But against the conventional advice to avoid a new school, I was pretty pumped about ICOM (and I love Idaho), so I also feel sad to withdraw. However, the other school is way closer to my SO and I feel like the pre-clinical curriculum is a better fit for me. As of tomorrow I’ll commit to 100% happy - for my new opportunity and for the person who gets to go to ICOM in my place!

Reactions: 1 users
You’re right, and I am excited to have been accepted off another waitlist! But against the conventional advice to avoid a new school, I was pretty pumped about ICOM (and I love Idaho), so I also feel sad to withdraw. However, the other school is way closer to my SO and I feel like the pre-clinical curriculum is a better fit for me. As of tomorrow I’ll commit to 100% happy - for my new opportunity and for the person who gets to go to ICOM in my place!
I really hope to get off the waitlist. We'll see what happens :(

Withdrew my acceptance a little over a week ago. I was really loved my visit. I was looking forward to being a part of the inaugural class at ICOM and moving to Idaho but I had to go with what I felt was best. I hope one of you waiting gets my spot!

Withdrew my acceptance a little over a week ago. I was really loved my visit. I was looking forward to being a part of the inaugural class at ICOM and moving to Idaho but I had to go with what I felt was best. I hope one of you waiting gets my spot!

How low am I on this list :/ what day do people usually get called?

Withdrew my acceptance today. Slightly sad because ICOM seems like it's going to be something special and Idaho is BEAUTIFUL, but the program I got off the waitlist for suits my needs better. Good luck!

I feel the exact same way about accepting my new opportunity. It's an odd mix of excitement for what lies ahead, but sadness for what is being left behind. Best of luck :)

Lol. About ICOM

Mission: to make money

Values: money
l8nrGfg.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
will be withdrawing from here! Got accepted to a more established program, and will be staying away from those private loans!

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like a lot more than 1-2 people dropping
I'll admit I was wrong, but I wasn't expecting that much waitlist movement from other schools in July though which is why I said that. ARCOM (where I'll be attending) is a new school too (2nd class this year), and they haven't seen as much movement as here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I'll admit I was wrong, but I wasn't expecting that much waitlist movement from other schools in July though which is why I said that. ARCOM (where I'll be attending) is a new school too (2nd class this year), and they haven't seen as much movement as here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Congrats! Did you recently decide away from Icom?
I guess private loans is a huge deciding factor for people

Does anyone know how many people are left on the waitlist? I recently called but forgot to ask

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got my interview invite today. Anyone care to share what the interview was like and the whole day essentially?

Hi all! Are any females looking for roommates? What is everyone doing for housing?

Just got my interview invite today. Anyone care to share what the interview was like and the whole day essentially?
Presentation on the school and curriculum while meeting the Dean and a few of the admissions committee/faculty. After that youre split up into 2 groups: 1 group goes through 3 one on one half hour interviews while the other group gets more presentations on the school and financial aid. After that a school tour and youre done

Presentation on the school and curriculum while meeting the Dean and a few of the admissions committee/faculty. After that youre split up into 2 groups: 1 group goes through 3 one on one half hour interviews while the other group gets more presentations on the school and financial aid. After that a school tour and youre done
Not sure if the building will be completely totally before September. Can anyone update me on that?

Who are the interviews with? What types of questions can you expect?

Why you want to go to ICOM, idaho, etc...? Tell me a bit about yourself. They said that they would go easy the first year though, so I would expect it to change. Also, they have a secondary this year, so look to questions based off of that.

Not sure if the building will be completely totally before September. Can anyone update me on that?
Its complete now, they are just moving in.
I just had 3 faculty, but I think its supposed to be one faculty, one admissions, and then someone else. Its the normal type of questions: why Idaho, why DO school, and any red flags you may have

I've had no luck looking for housing Does anyone know of available apartments in the area? Are any females looking for roommates?

For those that interviewed, how long after did you find out about acceptance, waitlist, or rejection?

Just got the call today that I'm next in line for a seat. They're expecting a few seats to open up still.