2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My application status now says "interview not offered". Does that mean I am no longer considered for acceptance into this years class? Or I have not been invited for an interview so far?

Where does it say this on your status page?

Reactions: 1 users

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 1.33.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 1.33.20 PM.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 363
Members don't see this ad :)
When were you complete? I was complete mid July and mine still says nothing on the status page

Have you checked a) the communication status tab and b) your spam folder? If you have, I would just e-mail them ask what this means. They are generally responsive

My application status now says "interview not offered". Does that mean I am no longer considered for acceptance into this years class? Or I have not been invited for an interview so far?
Did they send you an email with this status update?? Or did you just log on to your portal and find it?

Anyone from interview date 10/11 not hear back yet?

I interviewed then and have not heard back yet. I feel like that would be a really quick turnaround.

Gotcha. There are people who posted here that heard back from 10/11.

Reactions: 1 user
It's likely that we hear back this Wednesday, unless there are previous Interview days that haven't heard back yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
what do u mean by update exactly? like new job or was it more of an LOI type of thing

I got a paper at my gap year job and also started a new volunteering position so I included both of those things. I also wrote a paragraph at the end that reiterated my interest in the school

No news is not necessarily bad news post-interview at Jefferson. Decisions are relayed as soon as they are made. Decisions are made about a particular applicant on Wednesday meetings when your faculty interviewer makes it to the meeting.

Complete 8/1 here and still nothing. Has anyone been rejected yet? I'm a bit worried at this point. Jeff was tied for my top choice. Darnit

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 10/18. They just called me!!

Reactions: 15 users
Accepted!!!! So happy this has been my favorite school so far interviewed 10/11

Reactions: 12 users
Anybody know when they make the Facebook group for accepted students?

How should I be feeling that I have not received anything past a secondary? Is it on the backburner, for example, or is it in the to-do lists of "file this applicant into the reject listserv when you get a chance?"

How should I be feeling that I have not received anything past a secondary? Is it on the backburner, for example, or is it in the to-do lists of "file this applicant into the reject listserv when you get a chance?"
I wouldn't worry. This is a very long process, and people who are complete in the summer have a chance at an interview until the end of the cycle. Sometimes it just means that they have not got to it yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all, just interviewed today and I loved every second of it!!! This school has easily slid in to my first choice school. Anyone have the phone number they use to call? I want to make sure I answer should I be accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all, just interviewed today and I loved every second of it!!! This school has easily slid in to my first choice school. Anyone have the phone number they use to call? I want to make sure I answer should I be accepted!
It's a 215 number. They'll leave a message if you're unable to pick up.

Anyone else interview 10/04 and not heard back?
Like I said above, the decisions are made when your faculty interviewer is able to make it to the Wednesday committee meetings. How long it takes for you to hear back has no bearing on your likelihood of acceptance. They do not go in order.

Like I said above, the decisions are made when your faculty interviewer is able to make it to the Wednesday committee meetings. How long it takes for you to hear back has no bearing on your likelihood of acceptance. They do not go in order.
The longer they wait the less they are to remember each applicant I would assume

This is surprisingly comforting to hear

I interviewed here this week and I wanted to chime in with my experience. Everything you've read is true. SKMC makes the day super enjoyable. The amount of interaction I had with students, committee members and the other applicants was amazing. The whole day is organized to make the applicants feel welcome and comfortable. The interviews were so laid back and conversational. The tours were really great and lunch/cookie hour was awesome. I must have met ~20 current ms1's and 2's. This is a proud student body and rightly so!

Reactions: 3 users
My faculty interviewer was a dean so hopefully that means he should be able to make the meetings more often! Haha

I'm going to be a doctor :')

Interviewed 10/25

Reactions: 23 users
I missed the call, but just received the email for acceptance. Ah.....what a relief. Interviewed 10/4.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!!

I was curious, has anyone else who interviewed 10/4, or earlier, not heard back yet? I know patience is key but I’m worried my interviewer will continue to forget about me and my personality as time passes.

Accepted!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 10/4

Reactions: 4 users