2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if interview invites have already gone out for the last day available, can i officially close the books on this school? (no hard feelings or anything)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
if interview invites have already gone out for the last day available, can i officially close the books on this school? (no hard feelings or anything)
I would wait to TOTALLY close the books until the last interview day has come and gone...but I'm emotionally moving on lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning. One day left: April 4th.

I am so happy about this opportunity :)

Reactions: 11 users
Just got hit with the alternate waitlist email. Should I just take this to be a soft reject or is there actually a shot?
I'm in the same boat as you. Based on comments in past years' SDN, only a very small handful have gotten accepted off of it. I'm taking it as a soft rejection

I got an email about it yesterday. It had the list of hosts on it but it didn't have any instructions on how to get signed up for it.
hmm still haven't gotten an email about it. i'll keep you posted if they send instructions on how to sign up though

Also received an II this morning! April 4th was my only option too.
Very grateful :) thanks to everyone who has been so helpful on this thread - you guys rock!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those interviewing in the next few weeks, just know its the chillest interview possible. I interviewed yesterday. I got lucky and I think I interviewed at the easiest/most relaxed schools possible, and Jeff was by far the most relaxed one of them all. I went a tad bit crazy (hey I’m a neurotic pre-med that really really loves Jeff I’ll admit it) and made a 15 page long word doc and prepped for over a week and it was completely useless haha i barely used anything and I think it went very well. Just know your app, know yourself, why medicine, and a few “why jeff” reasons and don’t act like a serial killer and you’ll be chillin

Reactions: 5 users
OMG. This morning I saw that people received IIs and I was still in radio silence. So I decided to write a letter of intent to Jeff this morning as one last shot and I just got an II!!!! I can't stop crying soooo grateful. Interview scheduled for April 4th

Reactions: 9 users
OMG. This morning I saw that people received IIs and I was still in radio silence. So I decided to write a letter of intent to Jeff this morning as one last shot and I just got an II!!!! I can't stop crying soooo grateful. Interview scheduled for April 4th
Do you think your letter had anything to do with it? That’s a pretty quick turn around...

Emailed a letter of interest. Got a response that all Interview spots are now filled. Adios folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Dangggg the average accepted mcat here is 516 now

Edit: wrong school hahaha

Last edited:
So for people who have done student housing, I submitted an app for Barringer/Orlowitz apartments. A few questions: Since room selection is before the Apr 30 deadline, can you select a room and then decide to withdraw your app afterwards? What if you have a roommate and then withdraw? What are the odds of getting your own apartment and not having a roommate or should you definitely be looking for a roommate? So many questions lol

anybody here who has lived in center city/gone to jeff? i got my financial aid award letter with $13k left per year after tuition costs and wondering if that's reasonable to live with in center city.

anybody here who has lived in center city/gone to jeff? i got my financial aid award letter with $13k left per year after tuition costs and wondering if that's reasonable to live with in center city.

If that 13K is set aside just for rent, then it would be possible but you might need to live with a roommate. I'm living at 2400 Chestnut right now and splitting a 1 bed/1.5 bath with my SO and that comes out to around 11k a year for me. Others who know the immediate area around Jefferson should chime in, they probably have a better idea of rent prices closer to campus.

If that 13K is set aside just for rent, then it would be possible but you might need to live with a roommate. I'm living at 2400 Chestnut right now and splitting a 1 bed/1.5 bath with my SO and that comes out to around 11k a year for me. Others who know the immediate area around Jefferson should chime in, they probably have a better idea of rent prices closer to campus.
Ok cool. Just to clarify, 11k a year each? Like 22k total for rent per year?

Thanks for the response

2400 Chestnut is really nice and has the Schuylkill view! How are you commuting to school tho?
I'm actually on the HPWL right now but hoping for some good news after traffic day! I bike everywhere in the city, so I'll likely be biking to school. Walking would take too long otherwise.

It’s reasonable to hear back a week after interviewing here, right? (Assuming the student and faculty interviewers make it to the meeting)

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome! Thanks! Typically people hear back on Wednesday, right?
Yes. From my reasoning and my experience, people should hear back Wednesday PM after they finish adcom meeting, which should be something like 2PM EST.
But I have seen people reporting they have been accepted earlier in the day on this thread. So I don't know for sure. Just have your phone with you lol. Personally I don't have voice mailbox, for some reason I never knew how to set this up.... Not many people call me anyway lol, so I was staring at my phone for an entire hour from 1PM -3PM lol. I received the call around 3:45

Yes. From my reasoning and my experience, people should hear back Wednesday PM after they finish adcom meeting, which should be something like 2PM EST.
But I have seen people reporting they have been accepted earlier in the day on this thread. So I don't know for sure. Just have your phone with you lol. Personally I don't have voice mailbox, for some reason I never knew how to set this up.... Not many people call me anyway lol, so I was staring at my phone for an entire hour from 1PM -3PM lol. I received the call around 3:45
Word alright, thank you! Praying my faculty and student interviewers both go tomorrow, I interviewed last Wednesday. Thanks again!!

Reactions: 1 users
What time does the interview day typically end? (Trying to book my train home for interview next Wednesday!)

What time does the interview day typically end? (Trying to book my train home for interview next Wednesday!)
Your faculty interview will probably be over by 3, then there is an optional cookie hour that ends at 4.

Is anyone still waiting to hear from February interview dates?Today is the 4-week mark since my interview date, and they said it would take 1-4 weeks for the initial response, so I'm hoping today's the day!

Is anyone still waiting to hear from February interview dates?Today is the 4-week mark since my interview date, and they said it would take 1-4 weeks for the initial response, so I'm hoping today's the day!
Just so you know, I heard back 5 wks after so it could take a little longer!

Hey, do you find out who your interviewer will be the day of your interview? I'm hoping to rock this interview and would like to prep as much as I can :) Thank you in advance.

Hey, do you find out who your interviewer will be the day of your interview? I'm hoping to rock this interview and would like to prep as much as I can :) Thank you in advance.

You wont find out until you get there. When I interviewed I tried calling in advance to find out, and they said I'd find out day-of. Which was correct. If I remember correctly they give you a little card with your interviewer and location when you sign in.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing my acceptance, I hope it goes to someone on here!! Best of luck

Reactions: 4 users