2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think she’s calling people with other acceptances later in the week, since it’s traffic day today?

It may be wise for her/them to wait until after today because along with people withdrawing acceptances, a lot of people remove themselves from waitlists today.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!! Did Dr. Callahan say how many days you have to accept/decline offer?
I was so shocked that she called me that I didn’t get a chance to ask. I accepted the offer right away, but she said the official packet (which should have the slip for the deposit) should come in a week.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what the fee is to pay tuition in monthly installments
I believe I read somewhere in the financial aid hand book that there is no fee for coming up with monthly payment plans. I'll go back and look tonight, but you should be able to find it by googling skmc fin aid handbook

Do y’all think that the admissions committee is still making group decisions or by this point is Dr. Callahan just hand-picking applicants to accept? I know The adcom normally meets on Wednesdays so I was surprised to see acceptances today. Unless the adcom is meeting every day this week to account for all the movement?

Do y’all think that the admissions committee is still making group decisions or by this point is Dr. Callahan just hand-picking applicants to accept? I know The adcom normally meets on Wednesdays so I was surprised to see acceptances today. Unless the adcom is meeting every day this week to account for all the movement?

I called a couple of weeks ago and they told me that all 45 committee members vote. But Callahan has a very large influence in who gets reviewed or not. They prob have a group chat tbh

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called a couple of weeks ago and they told me that all 45 committee members vote. But Callahan has a very large influence in who gets reviewed or not. They prob have a group chat tbh

Wait, there are people who interview and never get reviewed??

Wait, there are people who interview and never get reviewed??

If you bombed the interview that would make sense. I am sure everyone gets a preliminary review though. I do find the “high priority waitlist” weird though. It seems like 98% of people that interview and don’t get immediately accepted get placed on that.

Ah fingers crossed there’s more phone calls to make this week!

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the best call of my life 30 minutes ago.

Also got the call from Dr. Callahan today around 3:40pm EST! Interviewed in December. HPWL in January. LizzyM ~65. Thrilled beyond words for this opportunity

Reactions: 4 users
Multiple updates, Dean Callahan responded almost every time.
Did you send a letter of intent or just multiple update letters? Dr. Callahan has replied to my update letters, but I sent my letter of intent to my state school. Not in anywhere this cycle though, so would obviously choose going here over going nowhere.

Also got the call from Dr. Callahan today around 3:40pm EST! Interviewed in December. HPWL in January. LizzyM ~65. Thrilled beyond words for this opportunity
Same question as I asked above. Sorry to be that person. Did you send a letter of intent?

How often were your updates sent? You only interviewed five weeks ago. How much could have happened?

Does anyone know when the big wave of phone calls ends? Also how do they review HPWL people? Is it like they jus go through everyone again each time or they have like categories within HPWL or something of the sort? I recall them saying its not ranked but going through a few hundred apps every time someone withdraws their spot must be a looooot of work

I believe at most schools, the way its done is that if a female engineer withdraws, then they will pull a female engineer from the waitlist

I sent 4 post II updates including a formal LOI.

I was really lucky this year. Please keep hope alive and keep doing as much as you can to express your genuine desire/interest/commitment.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call from Dean Callahan now! So lucky and blessed. HPWL on 4/4, interviewed early Feb. I sent a couple updates.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call! My first acceptance! Interviewed 11/29/17 and was on HPWL 12/13/17. LM ~73.

Reactions: 6 users
I believe at most schools, the way its done is that if a female engineer withdraws, then they will pull a female engineer from the waitlist

If only more handsome male applicants with below average stats and weird personal statements would drop... *sigh*

Just withdrew my acceptance for a school that is closer to home! Good luck guys!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if there's an accepted students Facebook page yet? I looked through this thread and didn't see any links or information on it.

There is! Posting this first because I need 10 posts to post the link...

I JUST GOT THE CALL!!! My first acceptance and to my top choice!! I can't stop shaking!

Reactions: 9 users
It looks like they are only accepting people with no other acceptances right now. Can this be confirmed - people who just got off the waitlist - did any of you have prior acceptances?

It looks like they are only accepting people with no other acceptances right now. Can this be confirmed - people who just got off the waitlist - did any of you have prior acceptances?
If this is true, would that mean people with no prior acceptances either? I have no current acceptances but I got into a school previously that I gave my seat for in January

I got off the waitlist on Monday and had prior acceptances

If this is true, would that mean people with no prior acceptances either? I have no current acceptances but I got into a school previously that I gave my seat for in January

If you gave up your seat in January, no school will see it. They can only see acceptances since April 1.

Why on Earth would you give up an acceptance without another one to fall back on though?

If you gave up your seat in January, no school will see it. They can only see acceptances since April 1.

Why on Earth would you give up an acceptance without another one to fall back on though?
Thank you.
I didn’t want to go to that school, backup or not. Also they wanted a hefty non refundable deposit in January (pretty scummy imo)

It seems like there is movement daily, so don’t give up hope, guys!!! There is still lots of time.

It seems like there is movement daily, so don’t give up hope, guys!!! There is still lots of time.

It’s just that everyday there are less spots open. It’s sucks waiting around for a call knowing that I may never get one :(