2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you gave up your seat in January, no school will see it. They can only see acceptances since April 1.

Why on Earth would you give up an acceptance without another one to fall back on though?

Hi! What do you mean? Can admission folk see if you currently have no acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! What do you mean? Can admission folk see if you currently have no acceptances?

On April 1 every year the National Acceptance Report is released. It lists every student that has been accepted to a US MD program. Every school has access to it and can see which school(s) you are currently holding an acceptance at.

If your name is not on the report, it is assumed you do not have an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
On April 1 every year the National Acceptance Report is released. It lists every student that has been accepted to a US MD program. Every school has access to it and can see which school(s) you are currently holding an acceptance at.

If your name is not on the report, it is assumed you do not have an acceptance.

Oh wow, I had no idea! That's crazy actually. I can imagine how strategic admissions may get with this knowledge. Do you know if they can see any acceptances after April 1st? (i.e. if you were pulled off a waitlist?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow, I had no idea! That's crazy actually. I can imagine how strategic admissions may get with this knowledge. Do you know if they can see any acceptances after April 1st? (i.e. if you were pulled off a waitlist?)

It gets updated daily, so yes. But obviously it depends how often they check it.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s just that everyday there are less spots open. It’s sucks waiting around for a call knowing that I may never get one :(
Don't give up hope! If this is the school of your dreams, send in your heartfelt letter of intent - make sure they know how much this means to you. Dr. Callahan said on the call that this has been a whirlwind of a week and there is still more good news to come for others. Hang in there :happy:

Reactions: 3 users
Any movement at all today? Currently on HPWL hoping to get in, but not seeing any movement over the last few days has me worried. I'm writing a letter of intent and hoping it will make the adcom realize how much I want to get in. This place is literally my dream school.

Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope the spot goes to one of you deserving candidates! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone got a call from Dr. Callahan today? It looks like there were no calls at all so far this week.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who were accepted, is there anything else I should expect in the mail besides the congratulatory note? Dr. Callahan mentioned something about getting things in the mail but I was too happy to be a great listener.

Withdrew yesterday! Hope it goes to one of you. Good luck!

Anyone got a call from Dr. Callahan today? It looks like there were no calls since May 7th.

If I want to send a LOI, should that have to be sent to Dr. Callahan's work email found on the website OF SIDNEY KIMMEL MEDICAL COLLEGE
or should it be sent to the Admissions office?

Last edited:
If I want to send a LOI, should that have to be sent to Dr. Callahan's work email found on the website OF SIDNEY KIMMEL MEDICAL COLLEGE
I would send to admissions and cc her. I sent a letter of interest to both and I believe she responded from her email but I'm not 100% sure

Soooo what are the chances that WL movement is over here? It seems like there was movement in the days immediately following traffic day and silence since then...

Soooo what are the chances that WL movement is over here? It seems like there was movement in the days immediately following traffic day and silence since then...
I doubt waitlist movement is done. I’m sure there will be another wave soon! Or people have been getting in and have chosen not to post on SDN who knows

I doubt waitlist movement is done. I’m sure there will be another wave soon! Or people have been getting in and have chosen not to post on SDN who knows
Man I sure hope so! I love this school! Good luck to everyone else on the wait list!

Based on 2016-2017 cycle I believe there might still be many openings. I guess the admission office is waiting for all the withdrawals until this Friday and then start the next wave of calls beginning from next Monday

Based on 2016-2017 cycle I believe there might still be many openings. I guess the admission office is waiting for all the withdrawals until this Friday and then start the next wave of calls beginning from next Monday

Have any idea why they would do this? It’s getting really late. I love this school and I am willing to wait but at some point I have to make a decision and stick with it.

Not sure if you got an answer already, but I sent both of my pre II updates, and post II LOI straight to her email without sending anything to the admissions email...not sure if thats a good idea but worked out fine for me

Not sure if you got an answer already, but I sent both of my pre II updates, and post II LOI straight to her email without sending anything to the admissions email...not sure if thats a good idea but worked out fine for me
Thanks for your tip. I have done exactly as you suggested.
I hope this works out fine for me too!!

Thanks for your tip. I have done exactly as you suggested.
I hope this works out fine for me too!!

Good luck! She replied to both of my updates and I heard she responds to pretty much all of her messages, so I’m pretty sure she’ll see yours too

Good luck! She replied to both of my updates and I heard she responds to pretty much all of her messages, so I’m pretty sure she’ll see yours too
Not to get nit-picky, but can I ask where you heard this from? First sent my LOI in January because I was so sure this was my first choice and have sent two updates/affirming LOIs since, all directly to Dean Callahan’s email, and haven’t gotten a single reply...

Not to get nit-picky, but can I ask where you heard this from? First sent my LOI in January because I was so sure this was my first choice and have sent two updates/affirming LOIs since, all directly to Dean Callahan’s email, and haven’t gotten a single reply...

Hey sorry to hear! I was just going off of reading other people’s posts in this thread, I got the vibe that she actually does read all the messages she gets so I guess I can’t say for sure

Hey sorry to hear! I was just going off of reading other people’s posts in this thread, I got the vibe that she actually does read all the messages she gets so I guess I can’t say for sure
+1 she responded to all my emails. Double check the email you're sending it to + cc admissions.

Has anyone who was accepted late April onwards gotten a financial aid package yet? I’m pretty sure I completed everything but just wanted to double check

Has anyone who was accepted late April onwards gotten a financial aid package yet? I’m pretty sure I completed everything but just wanted to double check
I haven't got my financial aid package yet, but I did email financial aid to make sure I had everything I needed in. I would do that if I were you. They let me know I had everything in and that my information had been passed on to a financial aid counselor for review and awarding.

I haven't got my financial aid package yet, but I did email financial aid to make sure I had everything I needed in. I would do that if I were you. They let me know I had everything in and that my information had been passed on to a financial aid counselor for review and awarding.
Okay, thanks!

I suspect this has been covered elsewhere but I haven't been able to find any good info. What is the difference between the high priority waitlist and the regular waitlist? Is it the case that the high priority waitlist must be cleared before the regular waitlist is considered? If so is that likely to happen?

My understanding is that they will clear the high priority waitlist before they get to the alternate list, as you said. I'm not too sure if it is common for them to make it through the entire high priority waitlist though.

Yeah does anyone know on average what percentage of the HPWL gets accepted? And when it is too late to be holding out for it? I don't want to wait too long and mess up housing arrangements at my current school that I plan on attending. MSAR says ~85 per cycle, but how big is the HPWL total?

Yeah does anyone know on average what percentage of the HPWL gets accepted? And when it is too late to be holding out for it? I don't want to wait too long and mess up housing arrangements at my current school that I plan on attending. MSAR says ~85 per cycle, but how big is the HPWL total?
I’m hoping there’s another wave this week or next. Doesn’t their committee meet on Wednesdays or is that just for post interview decisions?

Hey all! Just withdrew my HPWL spot. Hope it improves the odds for you guys! I know at some other schools committees really value continued interest, I just got into a school on Friday and they said that my continued communication made the difference. So keep sending letters and calling!

Kinda crazy that no HPWL acceptances have been reported on here in past 3 weeks (since May 3/4). Hopefully waitlist movement isn’t over here yet :/

This is really making me anxious!! no inward movement recorded even though there were at-least 3 or 4 withdrawals