2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is really making me anxious!! no inward movement recorded even though there were at-least 3 or 4 withdrawals
Haha same. I just want one person to post that they got a call to know that there is still hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys. I just called the office of admissions and with a few convincing words, I found out why there was no news over the weeks. Turns out, the class is currently full. They accepted almost 80 people from the HPWL already and movement is very scarce. In other words, make back up plans now.

Hey guys. I just called the office of admissions and with a few convincing words, I found out why there was no news over the weeks. Turns out, the class is currently full. They accepted almost 80 people from the HPWL already and movement is very scarce. In other words, make back up plans now.

That's pretty depressing but thanks for calling and letting everyone know!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is interesting to note that not many of the 80 people who got in were actually active on the SDN.

It is interesting to note that not many of the 80 people who got in were actually active on the SDN.
Idk I feel like there was a huge wave after traffic day when we saw ~5-6 SDN members post about HPWL acceptances. They get like 2 weeks to decide, which would have been mid to end of last week. We know that not everyone accepted the offer. I feel like there will be at least a few more acceptances but I’m always an optimist lol

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody know if the students (you know, the ones who ran interview day) sit on the Admission Committee? Just curious.

Anybody know if the students (you know, the ones who ran interview day) sit on the Admission Committee? Just curious.
They do not. They just submit their evaluation from the interview and have no say after that (I asked). Edit: just realized you meant the ones who ran the interview day. Not sure.

I have an unrelated question for y'all regarding applying for federal loans. What is the "loan period" I should put for the Grad PLUS loan application? Is it july 2018-may 2019? Or is it the full 4 years in med school? Or is it the full 25 years of repayment?

Last edited:
Man this waiting is tough. Been on the HPWL since Feb and Jefferson is an absolute tailor-made fit for me and my fiancée. I want a call from Dr. Callahan more than I can express in this post.

Reactions: 5 users
Do accepted students have to submit their final transcript here before matriculating? Curious because my final transcript won't be ready for some time.

Do accepted students have to submit their final transcript here before matriculating? Curious because my final transcript won't be ready for some time.

Most schools require a final transcript so I would assume yes, not positive though.

Last edited:
what if the transcript in amcas is my final version, do I not need to do anything?

AMCAS does not distribute transcripts to schools. You still need to send it to the one you will be matriculating at.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man this waiting is tough. Been on the HPWL since Feb and Jefferson is an absolute tailor-made fit for me and my fiancée. I want a call from Dr. Callahan more than I can express in this post.
+1 my friend. I'm in the same exact boat. He's in, I'm not yet. Been on the HPWL since March. Wanted to go here since high school. Stayed in PHL post-grad to go here. Wish there was some appropriate way to say that to Dr. C and have it make the difference. Best of luck to you!

+1 my friend. I'm in the same exact boat. He's in, I'm not yet. Been on the HPWL since March. Wanted to go here since high school. Stayed in PHL post-grad to go here. Wish there was some appropriate way to say that to Dr. C and have it make the difference. Best of luck to you!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well! Is your fiancé in at Jefferson or somewhere else in Philly? Hopefully the passion and the desire comes through in our personal statements, secondaries, etc. I'm hoping for the best for both of us :D

Last edited:
Staring at the readiness assessment. Has anyone taken it? Can any students chime in as to how important it is?

Staring at the readiness assessment. Has anyone taken it? Can any students chime in as to how important it is?
I believe that we were required to take the readiness assessment before starting at Jeff. It is not that important and I wouldn't stress about it. It is just for your own evaluation of where you stand before you start medical school. It is barely talked about once you start. I hope that answers your question!

I GOT INNNNNN! Just got the call

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the call! Good luck to everyone still waiting

Reactions: 6 users
How long did it take to get your campus key? Impatiently trying to log into all of my accounts.

Hi everyone. I posted this on the another forum, but I wanted to share this here as well. Congrats to all who were accepted/matriculating! I wanted to share a post about housing if anyone was interested. I live in a 2b2b apartment in center city with a (now) second year med student. I will be moving out of state but he wants to stay and is looking for a potential roommate! If anyone is interested, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

AMCAS does not distribute transcripts to schools. You still need to send it to the one you will be matriculating at.

So I just called the admissions office about this since I haven’t taken new classes since I applied last June. I was told that as long as the transcript you sent to them when you applied is up to date, “you should be fine.”

I think there will always be a chance until the beginning of orientation.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well! Is your fiancé in at Jefferson or somewhere else in Philly? Hopefully the passion and the desire comes through in our personal statements, secondaries, etc. I'm hoping for the best for both of us :D

Thank you! He's in at Jefferson and committed. I completely agree.... I'm still hoping I hear something! How about you?

Does anyone know if they drug test matriculating students

Thank you! He's in at Jefferson and committed. I completely agree.... I'm still hoping I hear something! How about you?
I'm in elsewhere but would still love to hear from Jefferson. Trying to keep the faith alive. Sending good vibes your way as well!

Has anyone been able to waive their health insurance requirement? The link to it says "coming soon" and won't actually click but the website that its available to do.

Has anyone been able to waive their health insurance requirement? The link to it says "coming soon" and won't actually click but the website that its available to do.
Me neither, I already bought my own insurance. Hope it works out

Does anyone know if students on the HPWL get special consideration or anything on the next application cycle? I'm a little anxious considering I fell in love with SKMC and have basically been left on read lol

I am on the same boat. But I guess (sadly) special consideration for being on the HPWL ends at this cycle.