2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! Complete only 9/19-- two day turnaround

514, 3.75, in state, white, from a rural area

dates in September and October are now gone- I got the last interview on Nov. 1

Wow that is the fastest turnout I have ever heard - much congrats to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is jefferson receptive to in-the-area emails?

Reactions: 1 user
So dope just got a II!! OOS Complete 9/14

Reactions: 3 users
If you send an application update, does it show on your portal? I sent mine awhile ago but haven't seen anything on my portal

If you send an application update, does it show on your portal? I sent mine awhile ago but haven't seen anything on my portal
I do not believe they update your portal with any application updates you send. If you want to make sure that they got it you would have to call admissions. They are really nice and they will be happy to check for you!

for ITA emails, should i just email the main admissions office?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got it, will do! My interview is on a Wednesday for another school, I was wondering what day Jefferson is interviewing their applicants. Anyone mind sharing?

Got it, will do! My interview is on a Wednesday for another school, I was wondering what day Jefferson is interviewing their applicants. Anyone mind sharing?
Jefferson interviews on Wednesdays!

noooooooooooo damn idk how to go about this then since Im interviewing on the 15th, a Wednesday.
Do you have 2 interviews scheduled for the same day? When Jefferson sends out their interview invite, I think you can select any of the open days to attend.

Do you have 2 interviews scheduled for the same day? When Jefferson sends out their interview invite, I think you can select any of the open days to attend.

No I was going to send ITA email to let them know ill be in PA for an interview and basically tell that if im competative enough to be selected for an interview if they could do it around that timeframe so I might not have to fly back later and save that money. Im from the west coast so its pricy.

Has anyone who was complete around Labor Day heard anything (II or rejection)?

Reactions: 1 users
Had some personal issues and was unable to submit secondary for close to a month. Do I need to send in an explanation for why it was past the 2 weeks?

Had some personal issues and was unable to submit secondary for close to a month. Do I need to send in an explanation for why it was past the 2 weeks?
You definitely don't NEED to, you could if you wanted to but I wouldn't.

seems like the complete dates for IIs are all over the place does anyone know if they review apps in order or do a random review here?

seems like the complete dates for IIs are all over the place does anyone know if they review apps in order or do a random review here?

I always imagined like this:

1. 1 line of apps
2. Things like a higher MCAT/GPA combo, URM, unique experiences gets you push up in the line

I always imagined like this:

1. 1 line of apps
2. Things like a higher MCAT/GPA combo, URM, unique experiences gets you push up in the line

I always wonder how they assess the "unique experiences" without actually having to read through the whole app

Reactions: 2 users
I always wonder how they assess the "unique experiences" without actually having to read through the whole app
Admissions deans read through every word of every application. Not the most time-friendly, but they care more about numbers (that being said, you still need to have decent numbers). Also for the people who are struggling with the optional essay, it is just that. It's optional. Anyone who's been through our admissions day knows we're not in the business of "gotcha" med schools apps and if admissions wanted you to answer it they wouldn't have made it optional. If you don't have something you want to put there, leave it blank. The only disadvantage that conveys is maybe this essay is an opportunity to convey to Dr. C why your personality fits with Jefferson. Also, interviews are on Wednesdays and (word on the street is) the new portal lets you schedule them? If not the office is great about rescheduling so just call them.

For ITA's, send them. @Doctor Strange knows what's up, they can't hurt. Also, can't hurt if you are from far away (looking at you Californians) to send letters of interest. I know a ton of med students here that sent them and got interviews.

Also just prevailing wisdom for all you SDNers who are new and going through their first cycle, n=1 n=1 n=1. Trolls are gonna troll and just because I know of med students here (I'm an upper year) who letters worked for doesn't mean they'll work for you etc∴.

*That being said, @Doctor Strange knows whats up.

So has anyone been rejected yet? Just wondering if this is a school that you don't hear from until March if you're rejected :(

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know why they ask for "Early Assurance/Linkage" in the secondary app? Is an undergrad degree from Penn State/Princeton/Bryn Mawr supposed to help in admissions? Already submitted secondary but have always been curious about this

Does anyone know why they ask for "Early Assurance/Linkage" in the secondary app? Is an undergrad degree from Penn State/Princeton/Bryn Mawr supposed to help in admissions? Already submitted secondary but have always been curious about this
It might be related to their 6 year program. 2 years at Penn State, 4 years at Jefferson.

Yeah I'd agree, they have a few specific linkage or early admission programs that you had to apply to be in earlier. Applicants from those schools aren't preferred in admissions unless they're in that program, I don't think.

Just received an II!!! Very excited! But has anyone else who has gotten an interview had trouble signing up for a date? It does not show me any available dates/ does not let me click any dates on the calendar.

Just received an II!!! Very excited! But has anyone else who has gotten an interview had trouble signing up for a date? It does not show me any available dates/ does not let me click any dates on the calendar.
Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete?

II here yesterday afternoon. Complete 7/25

Reactions: 5 users
II here! So stoked! LM: ~68 URM OOS. Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate? The website says there are 800 spots given out!

Reactions: 7 users
II here! So stoked! LM: ~68 URM OOS. Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate? The website says there are 800 spots given out!
Hi! I have no idea what the acceptance rate is post II, but if you get a II here you have a great chance of getting in! Congratulations!

A spreadsheet of data someone pulled from USNews (I think?) says it's ~53% -- even if that's a year or two old, it's still a great chance! Congrats!

Everyone who has interviewed at Jefferson has a chance to get in no matter the time of interview. Around 800 interviews for ~260 spots (including the Penn State's Accelerated Premedical-Medical Program).

Is anything worth sending an update besides publications? I started my gap year job before AMCAS opened so they already know what I'm doing right now. I thought my secondary demonstrated enough interest in Jefferson but maybe I need to show more

Is it way too late to submit secondary?
I would say I am at the average scores for Jefferson, according to MSAR.
Good ECs and LORs

Is it way too late to submit secondary?
I would say I am at the average scores for Jefferson, according to MSAR.
Good ECs and LORs
No it is not too late to submit it! People submit secondaries at different times of the year, so if you can I would send it in!

Is anything worth sending an update besides publications? I started my gap year job before AMCAS opened so they already know what I'm doing right now. I thought my secondary demonstrated enough interest in Jefferson but maybe I need to show more
No update is too small! It is always better to send it!