2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When should I send the update? Now or later on in the year?
I think it is always best to send the update when you have one, instead of waiting on it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed here and I was beyond impressed by the school and the students. Would love to go here. Does anyone know Jefferson's post-interview acceptance rate?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed here and I was beyond impressed by the school and the students. Would love to go here. Does anyone know Jefferson's post-interview acceptance rate?
That is really hard to say. There are many factors that play into acceptance. But, I am sure that if you liked Jefferson so much, you must have done great! So, no worries and be confident!

According to a reddit thread it's about 52%, but who knows how accurate that is.

Anyone else going to the open house today?

how did you know there was an open house?
tenor.gif

I called them a couple months ago to see f they had open houses over the summer. They put me on a list and once they had enough people they arranged one in August. I had class so I couldn't go, but asked to be kept on the list, so they emailed me again when there was enough interest to host another open house.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know whether Jefferson sends out acceptances via email or phone call? My phone just broke so I'm hoping they won't only call!

They said at the interview day I attended that Dr. Callahan would call. But I can't imagine they won't send an email also in the event you can't pick up. They're not going to leave your knowing about the acceptance hinging on you checking your voicemail (and what if your voicemail inbox is full?) when the standard communication means for everything in the application process is via your AMCAS email.

Does anyone know whether Jefferson sends out acceptances via email or phone call? My phone just broke so I'm hoping they won't only call!
When I was there they said the dean will call for acceptances. I’m assuming email for all other outcomes

Members don't see this ad :)
They said at the interview day I attended that Dr. Callahan would call. But I can't imagine they won't send an email also in the event you can't pick up. They're not going to leave your knowing about the acceptance hinging on you checking your voicemail (and what if your voicemail inbox is full?) when the standard communication means for everything in the application process is via your AMCAS email.
When I was there they said the dean will call for acceptances. I’m assuming email for all other outcomes
Yup! Dr. Callahan does call for acceptances. In the event that you do not pick up or it does not go through for whatever reason, you will get an email.

Couple people in my class weren't able to pick up their phones when Dr. Callahan called them and she left them a voicemail. It was really cool that most of them still have their acceptance voicemail saved.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to everyone waiting on a decision tomorrow!!

@bigbite I think in last year's thread they heard back on the monday/tues following Oct. 15

Hi, I vaguely remember hearing that they only call on Wednesdays. Is that true, or can we get a call any day? Thanks!!
They do typically call on Wednesdays, but that doesn't mean it can't happen other days too! Good luck everyone!

Just got that acceptance phone call :). Interviewed 9/27. Lizzy M <70

Reactions: 8 users
Congratulations to all of those with acceptances! For those who have yet to get interviews, it's a long road ahead, and it's certainly not over yet. I had classmates who were invited and April and were still accepted.

As always, if there's any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. I'm on a lighter rotation and will be on vacation for the next week.

Reactions: 6 users
Hoping for good news today. Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!! Ahhhhh

I interviewed October 11th for those wondering

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
So I just got a voicemail from Dr. Callahan, and when I called back I had to leave a message. I'm at work with no cell reception until tonight so her office said they might have to call back tomorrow...

Am I in?! I can't wait that long!!!

Accepted! Interviewed last week and couldnt see myself attending any other school! Can’t believe it happened so fast

Reactions: 3 users
So I just got a voicemail from Dr. Callahan, and when I called back I had to leave a message. I'm at work with no cell reception until tonight so her office said they might have to call back tomorrow...

Am I in?! I can't wait that long!!!
I got a voicemail first as well and then called accepted. No way they would call you to not accept you

I got a voicemail first as well and then called accepted. No way they would call you to not accept you

Thanks for letting me know!! I interviewed last week as well and fell in love with the school instantly. We're gonna be doctors!

Waitlisted today by email. Don't really know what went wrong. I wouldn't have changed anything about my two interviews even if I could.
I am sorry to hear this! But, keep your head up and keep going. Many, many, many students at Jefferson are waitlisted first and are then pulled from the waitlist and accepted. So, please do not be discouraged and lose hope. There is still hope! Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do anything I can to help!

I am sorry to hear this! But, keep your head up and keep going. Many, many, many students at Jefferson are waitlisted first and are then pulled from the waitlist and accepted. So, please do not be discouraged and lose hope. There is still hope! Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do anything I can to help!

Are there any specific questions, outside of the regular big ones that we should be prepared for? I interview a week from today and I am practicing with a few physicians this week! Also, do you call the school Jefferson or SKMC? I saw your earlier posts but wondered if there was anything else!

Also, how do they feel about bringing along manuscripts? I have a 1st author paper going through the 2nd round of minor revisions and I don't think it will be accepted before next Wed. but just in case.... should I bring the proofs with me?

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!!! Interviewed at the beginning of the month and still haven’t heard anything :/ hoping next week will bring better news!

Are there any specific questions, outside of the regular big ones that we should be prepared for? I interview a week from today and I am practicing with a few physicians this week! Also, do you call the school Jefferson or SKMC? I saw your earlier posts but wondered if there was anything else!
Also, how do they feel about bringing along manuscripts? I have a 1st author paper going through the 2nd round of minor revisions and I don't think it will be accepted before next Wed. but just in case.... should I bring the proofs with me?
I wouldn't say that there are any big questions that are asked that you need to specifically prepare for. It is crucial that you just be yourself and that you can answer anything that is from your resume/AMCAS application. During the interview I would say either, "Sidney Kimmel Medical College" or "SKMC". When you become a student here, then you can start calling it Jefferson, but it is better to be safe during the actual interview and to call it SKMC. I would absolutely bring the manuscript with you and offer it as proof during the interview. Some interviewers may take it and others may make a note of it. But, it cannot hurt you to bring it with you. I hope that answers all of your questions! If you have anymore please let me know!

I wouldn't say that there are any big questions that are asked that you need to specifically prepare for. It is crucial that you just be yourself and that you can answer anything that is from your resume/AMCAS application. During the interview I would say either, "Sidney Kimmel Medical College" or "SKMC". When you become a student here, then you can start calling it Jefferson, but it is better to be safe during the actual interview and to call it SKMC. I would absolutely bring the manuscript with you and offer it as proof during the interview. Some interviewers may take it and others may make a note of it. But, it cannot hurt you to bring it with you. I hope that answers all of your questions! If you have anymore please let me know!
I disagree. I would not take a manuscript with me. Just know the ins and outs of your study if you're asked about it.

I disagree. I would not take a manuscript with me. Just know the ins and outs of your study if you're asked about it.

Thanks! I'll be sure to say SKMC and I'll prepare as you've said.

I think I'll bring my manuscript and decide whether to share it based on how the interview goes. I'd like to have it just in case it become a big point of interest!

Thanks! I'll be sure to say SKMC and I'll prepare as you've said.

I think I'll bring my manuscript and decide whether to share it based on how the interview goes. I'd like to have it just in case it become a big point of interest!
I spoke more about exercise and my family than I did my research, and I have a few publications (none of immediate relevance to who I ended up interviewing with). 95% certain my interviewer said he didn’t read my application when we sat down. That said, of my interviews, Jefferson was very much on the “try to make the applicant feel welcome” side, vs “prove you’re worth my time”. If you bring your manuscript, I’d hide it in your folder (that they give you) and focus more on having a good conversation. Also, SKMC sounds awkward/like a mouthful to me, so I said “Thomas Jefferson” or “Jefferson”. (I didn’t and still don’t call it “Jeff” for whatever reason.)

“When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying ‘here, you throw this away’.” Mitch Hedberg

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. I am feeling more and more confident as I read feedback from previous interviews. I can't wait for Wednesday!

Jumping on this thread. My status never changed from complete, is that how everyone else's is who have not yet received an II? Most other schools change it to "under review." Complete 7/20

Jumping on this thread. My status never changed from complete, is that how everyone else's is who have not yet received an II? Most other schools change it to "under review." Complete 7/20
I received an II and my status also says complete. I would not expect it to change

My application status now says "interview not offered". Does that mean I am no longer considered for acceptance into this years class? Or I have not been invited for an interview so far?

My application status now says "interview not offered". Does that mean I am no longer considered for acceptance into this years class? Or I have not been invited for an interview so far?
Hmm, I'm not sure. Mine says "Your application is complete".