2017-2018 Kansas City University (KCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone interviewing this Thursday 9/28? Looking to share a ride.

Members don't see this ad.

ANY ethical questions,?
It entirely depends on the interviewer.

My only questions were "why medical school, why d.o., and why here. What would you do if you fall behind when courses can be as short as two weeks?"

The rest was talking about our common research interests since I'm doing computational biochemistry and he did that as well.

Some people talk about surfing the whole time.

I really got the impression that the interview is just to weed out the people who are really socially awkward or otherwise obviously unfit. I don't think they go out of their way to find faults at this point.

Reactions: 4 users

My only questions were "why medical school, why d.o., and why here. What would you do if you fall behind when courses can be as short as two weeks?"

The rest was talking about our common research interests since I'm doing computational biochemistry and he did that as well.

I really got the impression that the interview is just to weed out the people who are really socially awkward or otherwise obviously unfit. I don't think they go out of their way to find faults at this point.
IDk how else to thank you. Thanks for the feedback pal.

Members don't see this ad :)

M

Mine spent the whole time selling the school and we talked about sports the remainder. I answered maybe 3 questions.

Reactions: 1 users
We'll see in 6. School and staff are awesome. Id accept the offer without thinking twice.

Please let us know! Best of luck! I interview on Thursday, so I'm very pleased to hear that everyone had a relatively low stress interview. Thank you guys for sharing your experiences!

Please let us know! Best of luck! I interview on Thursday, so I'm very pleased to hear that everyone had a relatively low stress interview. Thank you guys for sharing your experiences!

I think post-interview acceptance rates are high *probably* to weed out weirdos. Im not a good interviewer though because Im a man of action not talk so wel see.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview here for KC! 8 am on 2/2. URM, average for DO stats. really excited!

Anyone here interviewing tomorrow for KC campus?

My application is rural-heavy. My interviewer talked to me about how Joplin was a rural campus, but ultimately that the interviewers have no say in where the students are placed. It's the higher-ups for each campus that fight over the applicants under the current system.

Just because I find it funny, almost no one here at the Joplin campus believes that we are rural anymore. The descriptions they give of Joplin crack me up.

Anyone who interviewed here on 09/13 know when we should expect to hear back? And if it's going to be via call, email, or portal? :)

Anyone who interviewed here on 09/13 know when we should expect to hear back? And if it's going to be via call, email, or portal? :)

They probably told you (like they tell everyone) up to 6 weeks to hear back. I heard back via email, as well as the two people I'm (not) studying with right now. They send you a fancy later after the email.

They probably told you (like they tell everyone) up to 6 weeks to hear back. I heard back via email, as well as the two people I'm (not) studying with right now. They send you a fancy later after the email.

When do people typically hear by? 2 wks? 3? The full 6?

Where is the campus? Close to the downtown area?
Joplin is weird, it doesn't really have a big downtown. The campus is close to downtown. We have three major roads and KCU is just off one of them.

To those interviewing today good luck! I had to reschedule, my car got wrecked on the way there. I was too shaken up to attend my interview so I guess I'll get a shot February 2nd.

How soon do people start hearing back for interviews? I just submitted my secondary today. I hope I'm not too late.

How soon do people start hearing back for interviews? I just submitted my secondary today. I hope I'm not too late.

Took me about 3 weeks. Some people were 2 days.

Ha we really are applying all the same places. I'm submitting mine probably tomorrow so A) Hopefully it is not too late and B) Maybe we'll hear back one way or another around the same time

If no one answered this already, you will get an email with the decision.

Just sent in my app a few days ago. I have 510 MCAT/3.6 cGPA and average to goodEC’s. Am I at a considerable disadvantage applying this late?

Just sent in my app a few days ago. I have 510 MCAT/3.6 cGPA and average to goodEC’s. Am I at a considerable disadvantage applying this late?
I think you'll be fine with those stats just make the secondary a quick turnaround - prewrite them now :)

I had an interview yesterday and I'm feeling less than confident about it. That said, I often feel like I did poorly in mock interviews then the mock interviewer tells me I did well... I know that I didn't answer the "Why medicine" question as well as I have in mock interviews. My answer was very empathy-heavy and I usually talk about my love of science and early exposure to the medical field. I'm just really nervous and would love to hear what other people think. I think I was a strong applicant because I got my II eleven days after I submitted by secondary but I really hope I didn't blow it. I'm panicking!

Reactions: 2 users
I have no idea how they make their admissions decisions post-interview. Sooooooo many brilliant people in the interview group yesterday.

I got my complete email 8/24... no word from them yet. Should I give them a call or keep waiting to hear from them first? My stats are 3.75 cGPA / 505 MCAT

I have no idea how they make their admissions decisions post-interview. Sooooooo many brilliant people in the interview group yesterday.

Including yourself, best of luck!

does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets and how many days of interviews they talk about in the meeting? and is it one committee that gets together for both campuses? I think I saw the first day of interviews was around the 12th? Has anyone from this date heard back? I'm just dreading the "up to 6 weeks" to hear back and hoping someone has an idea of what goes on! thanks!

does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets and how many days of interviews they talk about in the meeting? and is it one committee that gets together for both campuses? I think I saw the first day of interviews was around the 12th? Has anyone from this date heard back? I'm just dreading the "up to 6 weeks" to hear back and hoping someone has an idea of what goes on! thanks!
No one has heard back from the 12th yet. Last year they really did take up to 5 weeks so I'm assuming that this year will be no different :(

I interviewed on the 12th, and so far no news from them. They didn't really give us any info on the specifics of the decision process other than the entire committee including the dean of admissions go over the applicants. They said it can be hard to coordinate and find a day where everyone is available to make decisions.

So the secondary asks if I'm related to any Alumni of the University, does anyone know if that includes current students? My brother goes there.

II today, submitted secondary about a week ago. The earliest dates were Feb. 2 or this upcoming Wednesday which I couldn't do, so I chose Feb. 2. This is for the Kansas City campus btw. If somebody cancels an interview, we wouldn't have a way to know and reschedule right? Or do they email us letting us know that certain dates have opened?

I can be wrong....but I think once you sign up for certain date, say Feb 2, you are locked in that day. Unless you leave yourself opened and not signing up and wait...and wait to see if anyone drops out. But then again you only have 21 days to wait and highly likely you get pushed even further down to late Feb or March.

Someone can comment on...but I don't recall they email potential interviewees if there are earlier opening suddenly available :(

II today, submitted secondary about a week ago. The earliest dates were Feb. 2 or this upcoming Wednesday which I couldn't do, so I chose Feb. 2. This is for the Kansas City campus btw. If somebody cancels an interview, we wouldn't have a way to know and reschedule right? Or do they email us letting us know that certain dates have opened?

They won't call you if dates open up but you can call admissions and ask if they have earlier dates. I probably wouldn't recommend calling every single day or anything but if they have earlier dates open up they'll let you change.