2017-2018 Kansas City University (KCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, why do you say that?
Because I'm a neurotic pre-med on SDN who looked at the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 KCU threads, and the first round of acceptances for both of those years went out on the 2nd friday of October haha.

Reactions: 5 users
So I was complete on 9/8 and still haven't heard anything from them... I know it hasn't been the full 6 weeks yet, but I've seen people that were complete around the same time as me get IIs within a week or two of being complete! Starting to get nervous.
I was complete since 8/24 and I got my II yesterday. It was literally 5 weeks, 6 days. So nerve-wracking but thankful for the interview (even though it's in February....)

Reactions: 1 user
There's a roadway inn about 13 mins from the school.. I booked there for $60, just something to keep in mind!

Last year people who interviewed from 9-13 to 9-27 all got a call in a wave on Friday, October 14th. Good luck all, and sorry for the added anxiety of knowing it could be this week that you get the call.

Reactions: 4 users
Last year people who interviewed from 9-13 to 9-27 all got a call in a wave on Friday, October 14th. Good luck all, and sorry for the added anxiety of knowing it could be this week that you get the call.
Nope! We (at least I) appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 users
so wait, is it a call? i thought they said you get an email for acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my first II today!!
Submitted secondary 9/23

Yeah I had an absolute golden opportunity to tie one of my responses into their mission and my nerves made me completely blow it haha. Hopefully my interviewer was looking mostly for ability to communicate as I felt the conversation flowed well at least.
Man you guys are really going for it this year. Last year I talked about waffles and pancakes and a year later here I am lol. Seriously though that's what my interview was about. Relax and be yourself especially at KCU they already reviewed your application they know your experiences and grades now they want to find the people not the robots.

Um. Never have heard of a phone call acceptance at KCU unless it’s off the waitlist. Only email acceptances.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I went off a friend last year Who got pulled off the waitlist. Whoops.

So does anybody have any insight into how then dean decides which applicant is more suitable for what campus? I mean I kinda don’t have a preference but it would be nice to know what each campus is looking for.

So does anybody have any insight into how then dean decides which applicant is more suitable for what campus? I mean I kinda don’t have a preference but it would be nice to know what each campus is looking for.
Personality I spoke on the importance of diversity for me since I identify as LGBT POC, and also I had the opportunity to stay with a current student so I was able to elaborate on how I think I fit in KC. Hopefully that gives you some insight

Personality I spoke on the importance of diversity for me since I identify as LGBT POC, and also I had the opportunity to stay with a current student so I was able to elaborate on how I think I fit in KC. Hopefully that gives you some insight

I think right now it is more of "beef up Joplin's numbers with the 4.0 students" and eventually you'll just be placed by whatever criteria.

I feel like my interviewer was kind of scary and I was his last interview and he didn't ask me very many questions so I didn't get to talk much about my experiences... I didn't talk about two of my jobs, my volunteer work, or my research! I wish I had made a point to do so. I keep reassuring myself that I have strong LORs and all of the information not covered in my interview is in my application D: D:

I am relieved to see someone else is as anxious as I am

I think I might've had the same interviewer you had! Lol yeah during the interview I tried my best to act upbeat but he was pretty stoic. Only until at the end of the interview when I asked him about his MD/PhD research did he finally crack a smile. He was a pretty chill dude though

Very interesting.......what drives beefing up Joplin with 4.0 students?

So the new campus looks especially successful, has solid match rates, etc. I mean, if you have two sports teams and one is established and the other is new, you're going to shuttle some good players to make sure both teams are good, right? At least that's the way I think of it.

Anyone who interviewed 9/23 hear anything? reaching that 3 out of 6 week mark this week and getting antsy

Couldn't pick up a shift today. Just sitting in front of my computer trying to literature search, but my thoughts keep going to Friday and hoping that news comes in.

Interviewed on 9/13. Pulling my hair out.

Has anyone received this email? Just wondering if maybe it could be a good sign? The original email I got said 4-6 weeks.

Your application has been sent for further review. This process can take up to 2 weeks. Once the application review is complete, you will receive additional communication from KCU-COM. If you have not heard anything from our office within 2 weeks, please email.

Has anyone received this email? Just wondering if maybe it could be a good sign? The original email I got said 4-6 weeks.

Your application has been sent for further review. This process can take up to 2 weeks. Once the application review is complete, you will receive additional communication from KCU-COM. If you have not heard anything from our office within 2 weeks, please email.
Is this post-secondary?

Is this post-secondary?
Yes, it is post-secondary. The first email I received post-secondary on 9/20 said my app was under review and to expect a decision in 4-6 weeks and then I got this one today.

Yes, it is post-secondary. The first email I received post-secondary on 9/20 said my app was under review and to expect a decision in 4-6 weeks and then I got this one today.
Oh okay, I'm not sure then. I know some people got this email pre-secondary, so I guess KCU decided the app needed further screening.

Not sure what it means post-secondary, though. Hopefully something good!

Can any current students comment about tuition increases at KCU? I know that several years ago (might have even been just last year or so) it was around $42k, but now it's close to $46k. Do you guys experience a significant hike each year?

Today might be the day for us 9/12 and 9/13 interviewers woohoooo

Just got the e-mail - ACCEPTED!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! AHHHHH I can't believe it.

Reactions: 7 users
OMFG ACCEPTED!!!! ELATED!!!! KC CAMPUS!!!!

Interviewed 9/12 and chose to be open to "both campuses." But later I sent an email of intent for just the KC campus

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted to the Kansas City campus!! Interviewed 9/12!

ACCEPTED!!! To Joplin Campus I was really hoping for KC :thinking: