2017-2018 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II Today! Scheduled for 2/26!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
So I've tried to join the facebook group but the admin won't add me. Has anyone else had this problem?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I've tried to join the facebook group but the admin won't add me. Has anyone else had this problem?

I messaged the admin, they said they get an updated admissions sheet from the school. It took me about 2 weeks post acceptance. Patient's is all. Also, I haven't received my acceptance letter yet and currently working on the admit check list as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know the orientation date and white coat ceremony?

I heard that the adcom met this Wednesday... if you didn't got a call last night and tonight, does it mean it's a good chance you didn't make it? :(

Are all the seats filled now?

Last edited:
I heard that the adcom met this Wednesday... if you didn't got a call last night and tonight, does it mean it's a good chance you didn't make it? :(

Are all the seats filled now?

Interviewed today. there are still something like 30 seats left. Still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Got in Wednesday!!!! I'm stoked, really liked this one.

Hi everyone. So I noticed on other threads some of you also have acceptances At BCOM, I am interviewing there this month and was wondering if those of you that have acceptances at both LUCOM and BCOM have made a decision yet, and which school you liked better overall. I fell in love with LUCOM but BCOM is much much closer to home. The private loans at BCOM are quite scary to me. Any input is much appreciated.

I know we need to have health insurance through school, and I currently have had mine through my employer.
How do most med students have their health insurance through school?
I was just browsing through rates and it's so expensive and it pains me to pay it with loans even though we don't seem to have a choice there..

I know we need to have health insurance through school, and I currently have had mine through my employer.
I was just browsing through rates and it's so expensive and it pains me to pay it with loans even though we don't seem to have a choice there..

Hopefully the school will start offering it. It's in the works for sometime in the future.

I use an ACA plan at the moment.

How were you able to see the rates? I mean which website did you use? As i am currently planning on buying a plan on the private market but couldnt find any legit one.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How were you able to see the rates? I mean which website did you use? As i am currently planning on buying a plan on the private market but couldnt find any legit one.
Maybe it was poor word choice from my position. I just asked my boss if she could give me insurance rates if I would continue with the same insurance but out of the job and out of pocket. I think the rate was something like $400 or so a month, which is insane.
How are current students maintaining that if all we have are loans?

After the initial reporting as a prerequisite for acceptance, do we have to report to the school that we have maintained health insurance? How do they monitor that?

After the initial reporting as a prerequisite for acceptance, do we have to report to the school that we have maintained health insurance? How do they monitor that?
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. I will be quitting my job in May, so I'm not sure what I should do with insurance after that.

I think they ask for proof every year. You are required to keep it throughout the year but they have not checked for it since admissions.

I wouldn't risk being caught without it by lucom or by some illness that sends you to the ER or urgent care. A good portion of OMS1 had the flu last week. We put our insurance to work. :)

Anybody send thank you letters after their interview? I don’t want to be out of line but would like to extend a thanks for the opportunity etc.

Anybody send thank you letters after their interview? I don’t want to be out of line but would like to extend a thanks for the opportunity etc.
It’s good courtesy and yes I did. I genuinely connected with one of my interviewers and it was only fitting to write a note of gratitude for their time. This even led to conversations and advice on how to increase my chances of success as a student, so it definitely doesn’t hurt :)

Does anyone know the match results for lucom!?

Does anyone know the match results for lucom!?

2018 Summary by College

LUCOM was the highest % matched in the AOA match yesterday. This isn't taking into account the non-participant % which a large portion of each school's non-participant % will be due to them looking ahead to the ACGME match and therefore withholding their spot in the AOA match.

For those fourth years whom matched, can you please let us know what you matched into?

2018 Summary by College

LUCOM was the highest % matched in the AOA match yesterday. This isn't taking into account the non-participant % which a large portion of each school's non-participant % will be due to them looking ahead to the ACGME match and therefore withholding their spot in the AOA match.

For those fourth years whom matched, can you please let us know what you matched into?

According to some fourth years at our building today, confirmed 1 matched in neurosurgery and 2 in gen surgery. Which is reliable intel because the two fourth years I spoke to were the 2 confirmed gen surgery matches.

As far as the rest of the class breakdown, idk...but definitely a good start for LUCOM!

According to some fourth years at our building today, confirmed 1 matched in neurosurgery and 2 in gen surgery. Which is reliable intel because the two fourth years I spoke to were the 2 confirmed gen surgery matches.

As far as the rest of the class breakdown, idk...but definitely a good start for LUCOM!

Do you any other ones? Also, where were the locations for those residencies? Stats? Neurosurgery is a difficult residency to get into so I am curious. Thanks for your previous information.

God bless

Do you any other ones? Also, where were the locations for those residencies? Stats? Neurosurgery is a difficult residency to get into so I am curious. Thanks for your previous information.

God bless

I have not seen the specialty breakdown, but have heard similar stories that Mo3 has. I'm sure a more detailed breakdown will surface sometime after the other match concludes in March.

I found their email from the website and sent a thank you email. I personally just felt that even though cards work just fine, they might take a bit longer.

I personally sent my thank you cards out the same day of my interview. I stopped off at Target across the street, wrote out the cards, and quoted the professors that interviewed me with specific things that they said. The extra effort goes a long way.

Did you get your reply yet? I am still waiting for mine.

It’s nerve-wracking; you have to just stare at your phone.
Ah yes. Every time my phone rings I get excited.. then mad because theyre tying up the line! ha ha. I keep checking the portal too, in case it's bad news :'( I just hope that they got to our group today!

I saw Dr. Patton taking the elevator down from the 4th floor around 4pm. Not sure if he was going to a meeting or coming from one. Hopefully you guys will start getting calls soon. I think i got mine around 8pm.

Accepted today!! For those of you who are posting about nervously waiting, I interviewed almost 30 days ago on 01/15. So, they hold true to their word on 30 days post interview.

I saw Dr. Patton taking the elevator down from the 4th floor around 4pm. Not sure if he was going to a meeting or coming from one. Hopefully you guys will start getting calls soon. I think i got mine around 8pm.

oh wow they stay late! That is awesome. Thank you! Good luck everyone :)

I have no idea what to make of that one.
]

Accepted today!! For those of you who are posting about nervously waiting, I interviewed almost 30 days ago on 01/15. So, they hold true to their word on 30 days post interview.
Congratulations!

Hi wlm4441, if you dont mind me asking, were you waitlisted by any chance???

Hi wlm4441, if you dont mind me asking, were you waitlisted by any chance???
Hi guys !!! Accepted just now !!!!
Interviewed on Feb 2 nd
So excited!!!!

Got the call around 5:00pm Eastern...accepted! Interviewed Feb 1st

Reactions: 2 users
congrats! Guess I shouldn't get my hopes up about it being today since I was later.
Congratulations!
I interviewed February 1st as well.
me too :(

Yes I have it written down. I’ll send it to you in a message in a few moments when I get home
Thanks so much, I also just found out about the admissions checklist, how do you find out your status?