2017-2018 Lincoln Memorial University - Debusk (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed here on 9/29. For those of you wondering, the interview was very conversational and relaxed. There is a student panel before the interview, so you'll have a chance to ask some questions before the faculty interviews start. The campus itself is beautiful and while its in a rural area, there are plenty of student events to keep you occupied (there is a lake nearby so fishing and nature-lovers rejoice!) Overall, it was a great first interview experience :) To those other 9/29 interviewees, it was great meeting you all! Everyone was so friendly that it made the experience much more enjoyable. Sending some good/positive vibes to those of you interviewing here soon and good luck to all of you this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
II today! scheduled for 11/3, file complete 9/18

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope one of you gets my interview spot! JUst respectfully declined II. The date I signed up for was 10/13. So if anyone of you wants that date, go ahead and e-mail the admissions office.

mcat: 498
gpa: 3.4
sgpa: 3.69
non-trad
urm

think I have a shot here?
I just applied today

Has anyone had any luck scheduling II's more than a month in advance at LMU? My schedule is wonky and set several months ahead. Can't seem to get things to line up.

Just got home from my interview here! It was pretty relaxed, every single faculty and staff member was SO sweet! Views of the mountains were gorgeous, campus facilities were nice, and after today I probably like the school even more than before. It is a rural area, and cell service isn't fantastic, but I'm sure having access to their wifi would fix that. Also- in the interview it's with two faculty members, closed file, it's the first thing you do, there's an ethical question (although everyone I talked to had different ones). Sorry if that's more than anybody wanted to hear about my personal experience today, but hopefully it's helpful to somebody!! Hoping to hear good news, for myself and everyone else on here!!

Reactions: 2 users
If we were accepted, we just pay the deposit by December 14th to hold our seat correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an email saying:

"Your application has been reviewed by the admissions committee and it will be periodically compared to other applications for competitiveness. If you are selected for an interview we will contact you by email."

Anyone else receive this?

"Your application has been reviewed by the admissions committee and it will be periodically compared to other applications for competitiveness. If you are selected for an interview we will contact you by email."

Me! I guess that means we weren’t good enough for an interview right now but good enough not to get rejected lol

Hey y'all I'm new to this thread!
Completed on 9/14
II on 10/6
Accepted today 10/12 !!!
Good luck everyone :)

when did you submit?

+1
Complete 7/13

For those who are complete, about how long did it take for them to reach out to you? submitted about a month ago and haven't heard anything

Is anyone interviewing here with me on Friday??

I just received that this morning.

I was complete early October but I just got this email today... "Your file is complete and will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee soon. If chosen for an interview, we will contact you by phone or email with available dates."

Likely going to respectfully decline my interview here. Hope one of you waiting gets it!

Accepted!! Wasn't expecting that on a Sunday!!

Reactions: 3 users
Got accepted!! As a re-applicant for medical school, it feels absolutely amazing to say that! Never give up on your dream and show yourself what you are made of!

Heads up for future applicants, they are seriously just trying to get to know you as a person. If you get the interview, they are obviously interested in you. Just show them how great you are and I hope to see some of you there!

Reactions: 7 users
Got my call yesterday!
Complete 8/28
interview 10/13
First acceptance feels unreal!
My interview went well. Not conversational but honestly they are tryna get to know u so how much of a conversation can u have when your asking questions which give u insight into the person’s character? Loved the school! Absolutely stunning scenery! Ended up seeing a friend I know who goes to DCOM while we toured the anatomy lab haha. When u go there you will realize that beyond the school the demographic and environment is significantly different. LMU is kind of a bubble of diversity in a small town in the south which I really like!

Reactions: 2 users
II today!

II today but I'll have to withdraw. Hopefully my interview seat goes to one of you guys!

Still waiting on II, complete since august.