2017-2018 Loma Linda University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How quick was your turnaround? 2 weeks? I interviewed last week and I'm already neurotic about it lol
I believe it varies as seen by most medical school interviewing processes. It also depends on when the adcom meets to disc and make their decisions. For me, it was approx. 2 weeks but responses can take over 1M. So don't fret!!! I feel ya haha but it's best to try not to overthink it too much.

Members don't see this ad.

Have there been very many IIs given out here? I can imagine there being a smaller applicant pool but it doesn't seem that very many IIs are reported on here

Does anyone know if interview are still being sent out, or when the last date is that they plan to send out interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
rejected pre-II just now (LM 66, IS, URM, non-trad, Christian but non-SDA). complete mid July

When do people start applying for financial aid? Do people still apply for financial aid, even before finding out any acceptances?

Was this after having interviewed there or did you not interview there?
Pre-ii for me at least. Complete early October, LM 75, non-SDA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-ii for me at least. Complete early October, LM 75, non-SDA.
Thank you for your response! I am sorry if these are stupid questions, but what does LM 75, and SDA mean? Thank you!!! :) :/

Members don't see this ad :)
When do people start applying for financial aid? Do people still apply for financial aid, even before finding out any acceptances?
I don't know about others or other schools, but I started my application a little bit after my interview. Loma Linda sent me the financial aid application link around then. I then completed my application after my acceptance in December!

Does anyone know if interview are still being sent out, or when the last date is that they plan to send out interviews?
I'm pretty sure Loma Linda runs at a later time frame - they started interviews late October/November (and that was for priority SDA students at Andrews/Southern University). I believe that they still are sending out interview invites.. maybe until April? (sorry, this is my best guess, I'm not sure though!)

Thank you for your response! I am sorry if these are stupid questions, but what does LM 75, and SDA mean? Thank you!!! :) :/

LM: LizzyM calculator - a service here that gives you a number.

SDA: Seventh-day Adventist

I received a II couple days ago too, and the interview date offered was 2/27. From the way she talked about it, it sounded like maybe the last one. I looked through the 2016-2017 thread, and the last reported interview was on 2/27 too. Not 100% sure, but just a heads up!

Reactions: 1 users
I received a II couple days ago too, and the interview date offered was 2/27. From the way she talked about it, it sounded like maybe the last one. I looked through the 2016-2017 thread, and the last reported interview was on 2/27 too. Not 100% sure, but just a heads up!

Received an interview invite this week as well with the same date. I'm not sure if that is the last date but it feels like we are close to crunch time. The application timeline on their website says interview season runs through April though.
On an unrelated note, does anyone know if Loma Linda requires students to attend all of the lectures? I sometimes skipped lectures during undergrad and watched the recordings later and this really helps me study efficiently so it would play a part in my decision if I were to be accepted.
Edit: Also, I don't want to ask this question during my interview for obvious reasons

Hmmmmm...I haven't received an interview offer yet from LLU, but I wasn't purged yesterday.

I just hope I get one soon...

Just withdrew from an interview offer here! LM 72, offer received on Tuesday. Hope this spot can go to one of you!

I will see you all there for those who's interviewing in February! ;)

Last edited:
Received an interview invite this week as well with the same date. I'm not sure if that is the last date but it feels like we are close to crunch time. The application timeline on their website says interview season runs through April though.
On an unrelated note, does anyone know if Loma Linda requires students to attend all of the lectures? I sometimes skipped lectures during undergrad and watched the recordings later and this really helps me study efficiently so it would play a part in my decision if I were to be accepted.
Edit: Also, I don't want to ask this question during my interview for obvious reasons

So none of the lectures are recorded so you probably should attend. I'm not sure if they take attendance, but unless you have a buddy recording the lecture for you, you should probably be there!

Man...I’m getting nervous. I wasn’t wiped the last two times, but no interview yet. Did they just overlook me or am I doomed? I guess it’s still good I’m technically in the running, but I don’t know when the final interviews occur...

I had an informal interview back in college, but I don’t know if that counts...

Last edited:
Man...I’m getting nervous. I wasn’t wiped the last two times, but no interview yet. Did they just overlook me or am I doomed? I guess it’s still good I’m technically in the running, but I don’t know when the final interviews occur...

I had an informal interview back in college, but I don’t know if that counts...
I know waiting can be super frustrating, but if you did not get any rejection email, you are still in the running. Don't lose hope!

I know waiting can be super frustrating, but if you did not get any rejection email, you are still in the running. Don't lose hope!

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I know that patience is a virtue, but med admissions really test that mantra :confused:

Hey guys! It’s been about a week after the second purge. Has anybody gotten any updates (invites, acceptances, etc) since then?

EDIT: Also, a quick question: Is LLU on top of things in changing application status on their admissions portal?

Hey guys! It’s been about a week after the second purge. Has anybody gotten any updates (invites, acceptances, etc) since then?

EDIT: Also, a quick question: Is LLU on top of things in changing application status on their admissions portal?

To answer your second question, I think you will find out about your status first through email! My portal did not change for me when I got an interview invite. I just got an email for the II. As for the acceptance, I got a call first, then an email I think in the next couple of days. The email has a link to the portal, where it takes you to your status page (where it says Congrats!), then you can go on to accepting that acceptance after that. I hope this helps a bit!

To answer your second question, I think you will find out about your status first through email! My portal did not change for me when I got an interview invite. I just got an email for the II. As for the acceptance, I got a call first, then an email I think in the next couple of days. The email has a link to the portal, where it takes you to your status page (where it says Congrats!), then you can go on to accepting that acceptance after that. I hope this helps a bit!

Oh! Thanks for letting me know...and congrats!

I’m just hoping for the best with a II, though I’m also preparing for the worst...

Just out of curiosity have any SDAs been rejected?

Does anyone know when Feb 6 interviews might hear back?

So...when do you guys think the next purge is going to happen? I mean...we had one in November and late January thus far. From last year’s sheet, they only had one in March.

I’m just wondering whether any SDAs got rejected the first two times...

Isn't today or tomorrow when we would hear back?

I think for those who had an interview. Jury is still out for those who need a II...

I didn’t ask adcoms this, but I did do an unofficial interview at my college. The interviewer did make a folder for me at this time and did ask questions, though I don’t know if this could count...

I think for those who had an interview. Jury is still out for those who need a II...

I didn’t ask adcoms this, but I did do an unofficial interview at my college. The interviewer did make a folder for me at this time and did ask questions, though I don’t know if this could count...
Ya I had an interview in late January. So I'm pretty nervous right now

Ya I had an interview in late January. So I'm pretty nervous right now

At least you got an interview o_O. I wish you the best of luck though.

Adcoms did say that they could interview up to April though...

I’m just not sure if I should ask whether my mock interview counts...

Last edited:
Is there anyone who's withdrawing from acceptance by any chance?

I got a call, but they hung up when I answered...tried calling back but it was the generic school number. For those who got a call, what number was it from? Loma Linda institution or the actual admissions number.
Interviewed 1/25

Same. To hear some form of “you have my vote of confidence in front of the committee; I expect to see you here next year” from both my interviewers, and not get called?

Medicine feels like one giant kick in the groin, over and over again.
Actually, this happened to 2 of my friends. Their interviewers ensured them that they will be getting in, and they ended up in the alternate list... and ended up not getting in.

LLUSM is really infamous for that. I hope I'm wrong in your case tho! Good luck.

Last edited:
Same. To hear some form of “you have my vote of confidence in front of the committee; I expect to see you here next year” from both my interviewers, and not get called?

Medicine feels like one giant kick in the groin, over and over again.
So I interviewed in October and haven’t heard anything...I have friends that were put on the alternate list and found out in June they got in. Unless you have been rejected you’re still in the run up until June.

So I interviewed in October and haven’t heard anything...I have friends that were put on the alternate list and found out in June they got in. Unless you have been rejected you’re still in the run up until June.

Hmmmmmm...what about those who haven't been interviewed yet? Do you think that those people are good as rejected?

So no one who interviewed on Feb 6th or later has gotten accepted, correct?