2017-2018 Loma Linda University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmmmmmm...what about those who haven't been interviewed yet? Do you think that those people are good as rejected?
Definitely not. You're in the running until you get a rejection. I think they have a unique process for choosing candidates so just keep staying positive. And if it doesn't work out I would talk to admissions to see what specifically needs to be strengthened in your application. That's what I'll be doing if it doesn't work out this year. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely not. You're in the running until you get a rejection. I think they have a unique process for choosing candidates so just keep staying positive. And if it doesn't work out I would talk to admissions to see what specifically needs to be strengthened in your application. That's what I'll be doing if it doesn't work out this year. :)

I got a chance to call them earlier today and they did say they’re on a rolling admission until April. I just hope I don't get swept away in the next purge, which I think is in March.

I recall that they just mass-eliminated candidates in March when it came to last year. This year, they seem to be eliminating batches on regular intervals - one in November and one in late January.

Last edited:
Hello :) I was wondering where I could find Loma Linda's match list. My google searching hasn't been successful. Also what are your general opinions on this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello :) I was wondering where I could find Loma Linda's match list. My google searching hasn't been successful. Also what are your general opinions on this school?

I was looking for a match list a while back and couldn’t find a published one. I believed I read an interview of the LLUSM Dean from a few years ago and he said that the match rate was 100% (not everyone got their #1 pick but everyone matched).

So idk if I’m qualified to give a response (I’m entering as an MSI at LLUSM this fall) but I genuinely love this school. I am Christian (nonSDA), so I do like that the school spiritually supports and cares for its students in non-academic ways and remembers that above all else we are all human. Besides that- their step scores are great, match rate is high, and docs from LLU are known to be good. Obviously this is not a top research school, but LLUSM still offers good research opportunities (I want to do clinical, public health related research and was told by several faculty members that they had several projects I could join or even start). And all of the students I’ve met and know are so nice and supportive of each other. I was accepted to other med schools but chose LLU. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an II from here a couple of hours ago! Looking like I may be passing on this one, so hopefully one of you fellow applicants receive it!

I was looking for a match list a while back and couldn’t find a published one. I believed I read an interview of the LLUSM Dean from a few years ago and he said that the match rate was 100% (not everyone got their #1 pick but everyone matched).

So idk if I’m qualified to give a response (I’m entering as an MSI at LLUSM this fall) but I genuinely love this school. I am Christian (nonSDA), so I do like that the school spiritually supports and cares for its students in non-academic ways and remembers that above all else we are all human. Besides that- their step scores are great, match rate is high, and docs from LLU are known to be good. Obviously this is not a top research school, but LLUSM still offers good research opportunities (I want to do clinical, public health related research and was told by several faculty members that they had several projects I could join or even start). And all of the students I’ve met and know are so nice and supportive of each other. I was accepted to other med schools but chose LLU. :)

Do you know the average step 1 scores here?

Does anyone know if LLU is doing a Second Look? And if so, when the dates are?

@On Eagle's Wings Do you happen to know when classes typically start at LLU? I got an email stating orientation would be 8/3 -8/4 but was curious if classes usually start the following week or ??

I've looked all over online without much success. Thanks in advance for any insight!

@On Eagle's Wings Do you happen to know when classes typically start at LLU? I got an email stating orientation would be 8/3 -8/4 but was curious if classes usually start the following week or ??

I've looked all over online without much success. Thanks in advance for any insight!
Orientation is that Thursday and Friday. You then have two weeks of clinical ward experiences, workshops, learning assessments, etc. After those two weeks, classes start. So that would be around 8/20. I heard they may have change things slightly, so this is just an approximation.

Does anyone know if LLU is doing a Second Look? And if so, when the dates are?
I emailed the other day and they said there is no second look :unsure: But that we are welcome to go anytime and arrange to meet with someone and ask questions

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you guys looked at housing yet? I don't know whether it's better to live in dorms or just to rent a house/apartment :unsure:

Have any of you guys looked at housing yet? I don't know whether it's better to live in dorms or just to rent a house/apartment :unsure:
so word has it that the cafeterias are not the best especially a while and you get bored of the cafeteria food, and in a dorm without a kitchen, it will be difficult to eat what you want without eating out all the time. There are the on-campus apartments but it's competitive to get due to the fact that it's so close to campus at a good price. I'm going to start looking for off-campus housing/apts!

Anyone know anything about second interviews here? I got asked to come in for one next week lol

They post the match list in their alumni journals. This was last year's match.

Anyone know anything about second interviews here? I got asked to come in for one next week lol
I also had a second interview, and was accepted a couple weeks after that interview!.. So its a good sign! Best of luck to you!

Definitely not. I interviewed early December and haven't heard a word.
That's what they said. I really don't care because I had such a bad interview experience here, I know I'm not getting in. The interviewers were so disrespectful, I was very disappointed. Thank God I have other programs to attend instead of here.

Good luck to everyone!

That's what they said. I really don't care because I had such a bad interview experience here, I know I'm not getting in. The interviewers were so disrespectful, I was very disappointed. Thank God I have other programs to attend instead of here.

Good luck to everyone!

Why were they disrespectful?!

Good luck to everyone!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I can't say the same; everyone I interacted with during my interview day couldn't have been kinder.

To those that have been accepted, did you guys put down an acceptance deposit? I never did, but looking back, I thought that every med school has an acceptance fee deposit.. I would appreciate any help! Thank you!

To those that have been accepted, did you guys put down an acceptance deposit? I never did, but looking back, I thought that every med school has an acceptance fee deposit.. I would appreciate any help! Thank you!
I didn't either :bag: I'm hoping we didn't miss something now that you say that haha..... I think you just had to mark that you accepted their acceptance

Anyone who hasnt heard back after their interviews???

Anyone who hasnt heard back after their interviews???
I interviewed early Feb and haven't heard back yet. It seems like they get back to people (mostly) on the third Thursday/Friday of the month, and this past month folks from interview days at the end of Jan were getting calls, so hoping for some news in a couple weeks.

I received an invite for a II today at 10am. I was complete really late on 12/06/17 so I am actually pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a letter to come through the mail sometime soon with a rejection. I am a re-applicant SDA, LizzyM of 58, latino background, research experience, ER scribe experience, and do have a pastor letter. I hope this sheds hope on people still waiting to hear back or currently on pursuit of their dreams. God bless you all and good luck!

I received an invite for a II today at 10am. I was complete really late on 12/06/17 so I am actually pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a letter to come through the mail sometime soon with a rejection. I am a re-applicant SDA, LizzyM of 58, latino background, research experience, ER scribe experience, and do have a pastor letter. I hope this sheds hope on people still waiting to hear back or currently on pursuit of their dreams. God bless you all and good luck!

What dates do you have available for interviews?

I too am waiting still for a II...

Good luck with your interview!

What dates do you have available for interviews?

I too am waiting still for a II...

Good luck with your interview!
I called them to schedule my interview and they asked me to give them my availability. I gave them all of March except this week since I am out of town. They said they would contact me with a date.

I called them to schedule my interview and they asked me to give them my availability. I gave them all of March except this week since I am out of town. They said they would contact me with a date.

Oh! That’s kind of nice.

I just hope I get a II before it’s too late. I did send an update, though it will probably be my last since I don’t want to annoy adcoms.

Oh! That’s kind of nice.

I just hope I get a II before it’s too late. I did send an update, though it will probably be my last since I don’t want to annoy adcoms.
Don't lose hope. Hope is what makes humans special. :) I applied last cycle and even though I didn't even get an invite for a II I didn't lose hope. God has a plan for each of us and not always do we understand it, but one thing is for sure, stay positive and don't give up. I know that they give interviews all the way up til April and possibly past April.
I think updates are not necessarily bad, it shows genuine interest. I myself am planning on getting another letter of recommendation and sending that in. It shows you're still working towards your goal and touching people's hearts as opposed to just waiting.

Don't lose hope. Hope is what makes humans special. :) I applied last cycle and even though I didn't even get an invite for a II I didn't lose hope. God has a plan for each of us and not always do we understand it, but one thing is for sure, stay positive and don't give up. I know that they give interviews all the way up til April and possibly past April.
I think updates are not necessarily bad, it shows genuine interest. I myself am planning on getting another letter of recommendation and sending that in. It shows you're still working towards your goal and touching people's hearts as opposed to just waiting.

Thanks for your words. This is definitely one of the more grueling years of my life - waiting and working.

I sent updates about my new job and a Letter of Intent of sorts. I just hope I don’t fall on deaf ears...and haven’t been subjugated to a silent rejection.

Congrats for your II nevertheless and best of luck to you!

Thanks for your words. This is definitely one of the more grueling years of my life - waiting and working.

I sent updates about my new job and a Letter of Intent of sorts. I just hope I don’t fall on deaf ears...and haven’t been subjugated to a silent rejection.

Congrats for your II nevertheless and best of luck to you!
I feel the same way. I wouldn't have gotten an interview except that I went to my university when Dr. Roddy came around. Waiting and having a slight chance of hope is what kills me because I want it to be true so badly but you still have to face the reality that you may be working again for another year and retaking the MCAT or doing whatever you have to do. If you know this is what you want to do with your life it'll happen. I think lori Yagami could not have said that more perfectly.

I just got accepted to day! I hope orhers were lucky as well. I was surprised since it wasn’t the third week of March.

Congrats!

When did you interview?
In November. I had heard that about 3/4 of my interview group had heard—waitlisted/rejected/accepted—and the rest of us hadn’t so I was praying that meant I’d be accepted and today I got good news!

In November. I had heard that about 3/4 of my interview group had heard—waitlisted/rejected/accepted—and the rest of us hadn’t so I was praying that meant I’d be accepted and today I got good news!
So don’t be upset if you interviewed early but haven’t heard. You still might get good news!

Has anyone from the Feb 6th interview heard back?

Since it’s been awhile since LLU has done something with pre-IIs and some post-IIs, is there another purge of applicants on its way?

Rejected today

I am so sorry! I’ve noticed your posts on this thread and I am so sorry you’ve had to wait for a notice since last year. I hope the best for you the next time around. You’ll be a shoe-in next year for sure.