2017-2018 Louisiana State University - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No that will be in early May. Last year people got acceptance phone calls on May 5.
people from that meeting get acceptance phone calls instead of letters? do you have accept or deny on the spot or something?

Members don't see this ad.

people from that meeting get acceptance phone calls instead of letters? do you have accept or deny on the spot or something?

I don't think you'd have to accept on the spot - those same applicants got letters a few days later.

I withdrew my acceptance. I hope this gets someone off the wait list soon! Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed March 12; NFA'ed two Wks afterwards through a letter dated March 26th.

So have we heard of anyone that has been accepted since March 15? Or is it safe to assume that they've just NFA'ing everyone after that date?

Ms. Paulette stated on the phone that the advocacy meeting is May 10th. I guess they’re doing it a week later pretty much this year

Reactions: 5 users
do they call people as they are in their meeting? Like will people who are accepted receive calls on the 10th if that's when the advocacy meeting is?

do they call people as they are in their meeting? Like will people who are accepted receive calls on the 10th if that's when the advocacy meeting is?

I would think it's a day or two after the actual meeting (last year, advocacy meeting was on Wednesday with calls made on Friday). It's not the adcom members themselves that make the calls so I imagine they make the list of acceptances and forward that on to the people making the calls the next day. I know Ms. Kimberly made the calls last year.

Reactions: 1 user
For the people who are accepted after this meeting and decide to attend, how long do they have before they have to let other schools know that they won't be attending that school anymore?

As many of you know, I'm open to PMs in case anyone wants to share stats/misery/past experiences/frustrations. I'm your girl.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would think it's a day or two after the actual meeting (last year, advocacy meeting was on Wednesday with calls made on Friday). It's not the adcom members themselves that make the calls so I imagine they make the list of acceptances and forward that on to the people making the calls the next day. I know Ms. Kimberly made the calls last year.

Do we think the calls will happen before the weekend?

Meeting today! Good luck everyone !

The meeting is today on a Thursday, not a Wednesday like past years? How do we know this?

Yep a previous poster said that the meeting was May 10th and I also called and confirmed it a few weeks ago. Today is the day! Ms. Paulette said expect to hear something after May 10th.

Yep a previous poster said that the meeting was May 10th and I also called and confirmed it a few weeks ago. Today is the day! Ms. Paulette said expect to hear something after May 10th.
Do we think we could hear something as early as tomorrow?

guess we're not hearing anything today...the wait continues

Hey, guys. So I just spoke with Ms. Paulette this morning. Advocacy meeting happened yesterday as expected. She said we are hearing back sometime next week. Letters and communications are being readied today.

Reactions: 2 users
Why do we have to wait...can't we just get our rejections via email so we can move forward. They playing with my heart

My friend just got a call from the admissions office saying she got accepted! Hopefully y’all hear back as well!

Reactions: 3 users
I just received my acceptance email. The wait is over. God is faithful. Keep hope alive. Interviewed 03/12.

Got the acceptance email as well! Interviewed 3/20

So for people who applied for the rural track scholarship, how would we know if we got it or not??

Those of you that got phone calls, is it possible that y'all got calls rather than letters bc you are holding another acceptance?

Just trying to see if I should keep hope alive or start on next years LORs requests lol.

Those of you that got phone calls, is it possible that y'all got calls rather than letters bc you are holding another acceptance?

Just trying to see if I should keep hope alive or start on next years LORs requests lol.

That is possible. On my phone call on Friday, Ms. Kimberly explicitly said that they knew of my acceptance elsewheee and are offering me admissions at LSUNO. She also told me my letter would be mailed out Monday.

She also stated on my phone call that they notified the other school that I was committed to prior and that they’d put the letter in the mail on Monday.

do we feel like they made all of the calls Friday or will some bleed into this week? :,)

has anyone gotten letters yet from the advocacy meeting?

Nothin here - the letters come from BR btw. What're we thinking in terms of whether or not all acceptances have gone out?

I have not received anything either. Maybe Thursday? I'm expecting a WL or rejection, honestly.

Yeah, that's probably the likely result. I usually receive mail from them on the 4th business day after it's been mailed and I live in Nola.

I have not received anything either. Maybe Thursday? I'm expecting a WL or rejection, honestly.

If I remember correctly, Dr. Eubanks said they don't send out letters telling people they're on the waitlist. I think he said that if you don't get a letter by the end of May, just assume that you're on the waitlist.

If I remember correctly, Dr. Eubanks said they don't send out letters telling people they're on the waitlist. I think he said that if you don't get a letter by the end of May, just assume that you're on the waitlist.
That's just cruel.

I know you get a letter if you're on priority WL according to last year's thread.