2017-2018 Louisiana State University - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed Jan 24th. Acceptance letter dated Feb 5th!!! Received letter on the 10th. So excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So, has anyone heard anything concrete about when the advocacy meeting is?
Actually it occurred to me that it could be next week. He said "end of February" and I realize now that next week has a few days left in February. Either way, it's almost time!

Reactions: 1 user
Actually it occurred to me that it could be next week. He said "end of February" and I realize now that next week has a few days left in February. Either way, it's almost time!

Hopefully it's this week. I don't know if I can wait longer haha

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully it's this week. I don't know if I can wait longer haha
i’m with you. and when i interviewed, we were told the first advocacy meeting was in “early february” ..... tired of checking my mailbox!

After an advocacy meeting, does everyone get a letter? Even if it is the same NFA letter? I thought I heard that everyone gets something after an advocacy meeting but I'm not sure where I heard that. Can anyone confirm/reject?

After an advocacy meeting, does everyone get a letter? Even if it is the same NFA letter? I thought I heard that everyone gets something after an advocacy meeting but I'm not sure where I heard that. Can anyone confirm/reject?
Yes, everyone should receive a letter even if it is a 2nd NFA.

i’m with you. and when i interviewed, we were told the first advocacy meeting was in “early february” ..... tired of checking my mailbox!
I was told in January that the advocacy meeting was in "mid February" and the monthly committee meeting was Feb 2 so I assumed that there were going to be two separate meetings. I hope that Feb 2 meeting wasn't the advocacy meeting

I was told in January that the advocacy meeting was in "mid February" and the monthly committee meeting was Feb 2 so I assumed that there were going to be two separate meetings. I hope that Feb 2 meeting wasn't the advocacy meeting

I'm pretty sure the advocacy meeting is separate from the monthly committee meeting.

I called the admissions office and they said the advocacy meeting is on February 23rd, which is separate from the Feb 2 meeting.

Reactions: 4 users
During the advocacy meeting, do they discuss which candidates to invite for an interview as well?

I have an interview for March 5th but my tuition deposit is due for another school by April 18th. Do you think it’s possible they will get back to me by then?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview for March 5th but my tuition deposit is due for another school by April 18th. Do you think it’s possible they will get back to me by then?
I would think so. They reviewed all of the January interviewees in early feb then sent the letter the next week. I would assume they would review march interviewees and get back to you with an initial decision before mid-late april. They will also tell you during the interview the general date that you will hear back about their decision.

This process is merciless when it comes to expenses. Godspeed, mafiacat.

it’s possible they get back to you but it’s also very possible you get an NFA and are then stuck in limbo. my advice- if you don’t get an outright acceptance from LSU, pay the deposit at the other school

Has anyone gotten their letter from the Feb. Advocacy meeting yet?

Still awaiting a letter in the mail from the advocacy meeting this past Friday. Also got a certiphi background check email early this morning. Is this a good sign? Anyone else get one? I've interviewed in both New Orleans and Shreveport.

Still awaiting a letter in the mail from the advocacy meeting this past Friday. Also got a certiphi background check email early this morning. Is this a good sign? Anyone else get one? I've interviewed in both New Orleans and Shreveport.

That's a very good sign my friend :)

I got my background check after getting my acceptance letter. So I’d say that’s a pretty good sign.

I got my background check after getting my acceptance letter. So I’d say that’s a pretty good sign.

They only send them out post acceptance or post waitlist and The waitlist gets made in May. Methinks mdwannabe3 has good news a coming

I got an email yesterday asking to forward my transcripts from colleges I attended, has anyone else been asked for this? I kind of want to say, please refer to my primary app since its the most updated, but also just don't want to order transcripts again.

I got a “your application is now complete and under review” email a few weeks ago, but they’ve had all my materials since September. Should I assume this is not a good sign?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone gotten their letter from the Feb. Advocacy meeting yet?

Still waiting. Has anyone else gotten the background check email like mdwannabe3? I haven't and I'm starting to get nervous about not getting one.

Still waiting. Has anyone else gotten the background check email like mdwannabe3? I haven't and I'm starting to get nervous about not getting one.
saaame, now I'm worried. Can't stop checking the mailbox.

My email could possibly be from being waitlisted/accepted at shreveport and I just haven't received the letter from them.

Maybe so. I had a bunch of friends and classmates who got into LSUS last year, and almost all of them got that email before they got their letter. Either way, it’s good news for you so congrats!

Just when I think that this process cannot get even more stressful!

I got an email yesterday asking to forward my transcripts from colleges I attended, has anyone else been asked for this? I kind of want to say, please refer to my primary app since its the most updated, but also just don't want to order transcripts again.

Have you received more class grades since you sent in your primary?

please post if y’all get something in the mail today. i got my NFA the wednesday after the friday meeting and there’s nothing from lsu in my mailbox today.

Anyone interviewing for the MD/PhD next week hear anything about how the interviews go? Or how many people are interviewing?

please post if y’all get something in the mail today. i got my NFA the wednesday after the friday meeting and there’s nothing from lsu in my mailbox today.

Nothing came in the mail for me today. I only live about 30 minutes outside of New Orleans, so it shouldn't take long for anything to get to me from them.

Nothing came in the mail for me today. I only live about 30 minutes outside of New Orleans, so it shouldn't take long for anything to get to me from them.
did you get the last letter on a wednesday?

The letters went out yesterday, I called the office to see when we should expect them and they said 2-3 days

You only get a background check if you've been accepted to a school, so keep an eye out for that letter!

Accepted Instate, Interviewed January 16th. I am in awe.

Congrats! Still waiting for a letter here. Nothing today...
nothing for me either. one friend got his letter yesterday, acceptance. another friend hasn’t gotten a letter either. lives like 5 miles from me. they must of only sent out acceptances. idk what else would be going on.

nothing for me either. one friend got his letter yesterday, acceptance. another friend hasn’t gotten a letter either. lives like 5 miles from me. they must of only sent out acceptances. idk what else would be going on.

Would they not send us another NFA letter if that's what they decided? I know Dr. Eubanks said they don't sound out waitlist letters.

I'm certain everyone gets update letters and pretty certain they mail them at the same time. I live in Kenner and have not received a letter from Nola today but I know others on Northshore that have gotten acceptances. I'm assuming (hoping) there's a little bias in our perception in that we only hear about those who report acceptances and then assume they only sent out the acceptances. Anyone here receive an NFA letter?

I'm certain everyone gets update letters and pretty certain they mail them at the same time. I live in Kenner and have not received a letter from Nola today but I know others on Northshore that have gotten acceptances. I'm assuming (hoping) there's a little bias in our perception in that we only hear about those who report acceptances and then assume they only sent out the acceptances. Anyone here receive an NFA letter?
I was NFA’d in December. i received my NFA the wednesday after the meeting. was told i’d receive an update letter after the feb meeting. Of the 2 other people that were waiting for letters after the feb meeting that live where i live, only one has gotten a letter, an acceptance, and got it on the day we were supposed to receive them (yesterday). i haven’t gotten a letter and neither has my other friend. so they either don’t mail them at the same time, only acceptances have gone out, or both of our letters mysteriously got lost in the mail. all i really know is that it’s quite frustrating.

Weird. I'm on the Northshore and got nothing. Hopefully tomorrow is the day though.
But I think you have a good point about our perception bias. This process will just drive you crazy.