2017-2018 Louisiana State University - Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a II

Interview dates were March 6,13 and 30th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How do I know what my status is? I interviewed in Feb but havent heard back yet. Can someone explain how the acceptable list works?

Any idea if how many people are on the waitlist?

Shreve emailed out some acceptances today

Just got a call for an interview!

Reactions: 2 users
Any idea on the acceptance rate here post II. According to AAMC stats from last year it seems like it has to be pretty high considering some turn down spots later on, just curious if anyone has heard from a previous interview. Has anyone been rejected yet?

Last year interviewed 228
Matriculated 123

I interviewed in Jan and was accepted this past week. Good luck to all still waiting to hear back!

Any idea on the acceptance rate here post II. According to AAMC stats from last year it seems like it has to be pretty high considering some turn down spots later on, just curious if anyone has heard from a previous interview. Has anyone been rejected yet?

Last year interviewed 228
Matriculated 123

Do you have the statistics for New Orleans as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
To anyone who interviewed last week, did they say when the next committee meeting would be?

To anyone who interviewed last week, did they say when the next committee meeting would be?

Interview Tuesday 3/6 and was told committee meeting would be today 3/8 and letters would get mailed out tomorrow.

My friend who interviewed on 2/27 received a call from LSUHSC-S today. Just a heads up that calls are being made and letters should be on the way. Good luck everyone!

My friend who interviewed on 2/27 received a call from LSUHSC-S today. Just a heads up that calls are being made and letters should be on the way. Good luck everyone!

I have noticed that some people get phone calls for II and acceptances and some people just get emails and/or snail mail, anybody know the reason for this? My II was via email and I haven't heard back from my interview yet, expecting snail mail some time between now and Tuesday but some people received phone calls.

Does anyone have an idea of when financial aid packages will be available? Also, if Shreveport generally offers scholarships?

What did you all think of the school? It has a way different vibe than New Orleans.

What did you all think of the school? It has a way different vibe than New Orleans.
I personally loved shreveport so much more. I finished my undergrad at lsu Nola and the people at shreveport were so much more welcoming and helpful and it just seemed like a stress free environment as opposed to Nola

Anyone who has gotten a letter stating you are on the acceptable list, did you receive a call from Kennedy before you got the letter?

Anyone who has gotten a letter stating you are on the acceptable list, did you receive a call from Kennedy before you got the letter?
I did not receive a call before I got my letter saying I was on the acceptable list.

Committee meeting is today. Super nervous

March 13th. Kennedy said they’d meet today then send out letters tomorrow

Haha, me too actually. I must have heard him wrong. Well fingers crossed to both of us.

Last edited:
Anyone know when they start pulling people from waitlist?

Apparently they had a meeting yesterday but idk if it was only to discuss the people who interviewed last week or if they discussed people on the acceptable list too

Has anyone on here heard anything else from them in regards to their next meeting or when they will start pulling more people off the acceptable list?

Has anyone on here heard anything else from them in regards to their next meeting or when they will start pulling more people off the acceptable list?

I wish! This wait is killing me.

@mafiacat8 i noticed that a couple people we interviewed with are in the class of 2022 fb page and a couple people that interviewed after us as well. But there are only 97 people in the group right now and I think the class is usually around 120-130

So fingers crossed that this week they meet again and start sending out more acceptances since it’s the multiple acceptance deadline day

Any word since the double hold deadline has passed?

Any word since the double hold deadline has passed?
Haven’t heard anything. Wondering if they will meet tomorrow since they usually have their meetings on Thursdays... idk ugh

So they definitely met today. Heard of someone getting a call for acceptance. Hopefully they also sent out some letters

Yep! A LOT of people got acceptance calls on Thursday!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Let me know if anyone hears of letters being received today