2017-2018 Loyola University - Chicago (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many people attended second look? Unfortunately, I was unable to make it. I hope I wasn't the only one. I'm curious about how it went if someone who attended want to share their experience with me!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
AMAZING day. So well-run, and the swag bag was awesome. All the family vibes I felt on interview day were still apparent on second look day. It was just seamless.

For comparison, I went to another second look day on Saturday. I don't know if it's just because Loyola was first, but this other one was not even comparable. We didn't even get name tags...

T'was a good day!

Did you catch if there were still going to be internal rankings with the new P/F system?

Members don't see this ad :)
Merit based fin aid hasn't gone out yet. The 5 grand a bunch of people got was actually the need based.

Oh! I’m glad I read that before I withdrew. Can’t afford to go to Stritch without a scholarship.

Anyone know how many students they typically accept? I know most schools accept 2-3x the amount for the entering class, so 284 seems a bit low for an incoming class size of 160

Applying to Stritch: Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Division

This link claims Stritch offered 398 acceptances for 161 spots for the class of 2014... I think that seems a little high, but I think it indicates there could be a fair amount of movement for this year. I know Stritch overenrolled last year, so I'm hoping that they're being cautious with acceptances this year and have a fair amount to give out still. Only time will tell though.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we know when the committee met or when meet next?

Applying to Stritch: Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Division

This link claims Stritch offered 398 acceptances for 161 spots for the class of 2014... I think that seems a little high, but I think it indicates there could be a fair amount of movement for this year. I know Stritch overenrolled last year, so I'm hoping that they're being cautious with acceptances this year and have a fair amount to give out still. Only time will tell though.

Yeah, I'm hoping for some sort of movement. 284 just seems low, as that implies over half of those accepted will attend in the fall. Although, that may be true! We will see.

Do we know when the committee meets next?

Someone on here said that they thought they'd have met yesterday. Hoping for some good news this week for some of us!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I'm hoping for some sort of movement. 284 just seems low, as that implies over half of those accepted will attend in the fall. Although, that may be true! We will see.

If 20 students had to defer, than it is about a 2:1 ratio of accepted to seats available. Which isn't egregious, especially if they are accepting to match last year's yield.

If 20 students had to defer, than it is about a 2:1 ratio of accepted to seats available. Which isn't egregious, especially if they are accepting to match last year's yield.

Holy cow, did 20 students really have to defer? I don't know why but I thought they had only overenrolled by about 6 or so.

Holy cow, did 20 students really have to defer? I don't know why but I thought they had only overenrolled by about 6 or so.

Don't know, just throwing out a hypothetical.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, really? Where did you learn this?
Financial aid office. They sent me an email asking me to come sign my tax documents, and I kinda joked asking if this was so that they could slide me a ton more money, and they mentioned that the merit based hadn't been sent out yet, because apparently that isn't actually decided by the financial aid department. So, they're still waiting on admissions (I think) to decide merit scholarships. Not that I'm really expecting them to allocate a grip of money for merit based scholarships, but dare to dream.

When you have a random missed call and instantly hope its Loyola...listened to the voicemail and it was someone saying they can help me lower my credit card rates -__- GRRR :(

Reactions: 8 users
When you have a random missed call and instantly hope its Loyola...listened to the voicemail and it was someone saying they can help me lower my credit card rates -__- GRRR :(

you'll know its Stritch as soon as Maywood, IL pops up under the caller ID

is it possible all seats are already taken? did they mention how many acceptances have gone out?

How many people attended second look? Unfortunately, I was unable to make it. I hope I wasn't the only one. I'm curious about how it went if someone who attended want to share their experience with me!
There were ~140 students so no you were not the only one. Do you have any questions about it? Would love to answer. Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience. The incoming class is awesome! :)

Got the call around 7 eastern time. So happy!!!!

Interesting that CC is still going out . Does that mean this isn't the last review?

Last review is 4th Monday of April.

And then what?

They certainly can’t review everyone that’s on CC in one day. I’ve lost hope at this point but i was indeed truly impressed when i interviewed :(

Did you call admissions?
That’s what they said last time I called. They meet 2nd and 4th Monday of every month up until April.

Anyone who is on CC will either be accepted or be asked mid-may to be moved to their waitlist.

And then what?

They certainly can’t review everyone that’s on CC in one day. I’ve lost hope at this point but i was indeed truly impressed when i interviewed :(
The committee meets to vote, not to review. The members review your file up to the day the commmittee meets. Once at the committee they either decide to accept, reject, or waitlist you.

Does anyone have any information about how many people they send acceptances to after the April 30th deadline? May be some numbers from previous years?

Does anyone have any information about how many people they send acceptances to after the April 30th deadline? May be some numbers from previous years?

No but they’re going to meet one last time on April 23rd to accept people and consider CCs again. After, they will formulate a waitlist and go from there. If you’re not on the waitlist then I imagine you are rejected. Not sure if they outright reject or just keep you there with no notice until the end

A question to current students - are the initial (ones received a few weeks ago for the incoming class) financial aid awards final? If not, are we allowed to make request for additional loans through the school for living expenses? I didn't receive any need-based scholarships and wondering if I could at least ask for more loans to not starve by November :).

Does Loyola require a deposit from accepted students to hold a spot in the class?

I know Loyola just switched to P/F which is awesome, but is that ranked P/F or unranked P/F?
And if it is ranked, is that ranking something that residencies can and will request?

I know Loyola just switched to P/F which is awesome, but is that ranked P/F or unranked P/F?
And if it is ranked, is that ranking something that residencies can and will request?

They have stated that there will be internal rankings. Don't know how that stands with residencies.

They have stated that there will be internal rankings. Don't know how that stands with residencies.
Internal rankings means they will not share that information with residencies or students.

Internal rankings means they will not share that information with residencies or students.

Students - correct

Residencies - potentially not correct. Many schools with internal rankings will use them to indicate which quartile you fall in comparison to the class on your dean’s letter that goes to programs

when do we need to accept/decline the financial aid package by?