2017-2018 Loyola University - Chicago (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think they will still look at update letters at this point? Or have all final decisions pretty much been made?
They've mentioned throughout the process that they like to see candidates show continued interest, so if you have an update I would definitely send it. There will probably be very minimal movement here, but it can't hurt.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Joining the club on this one..got the email also! Still holding onto that glimmer of hope though!

Got the CC - waitlist email, but I plan to withdraw as I have an acceptance at MCW-GB. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 2 users
I called and class is full. They’ll pull people off waitlist if someone withdraws but seems like very minimal chances

I called and class is full. They’ll pull people off waitlist if someone withdraws but seems like very minimal chances

Thanks for calling :). Did the person you call say that we have minimal chances? Or did the person just say the class was full?

Thanks for calling :). Did the person you call say that we have minimal chances? Or did the person just say the class was full?

They said the class is full right now and if they get withdraws going forward then obviously more room for more acceptances.

I’m saying that we have minimal chances as this point bc it sounded like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive a financial aid award to do list? Currently waitlisted so not sure what this even is

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't get the email everyone was talking about. Maybe I was shred from the wailist?

Also did not get the email! Wondering...
I didn't get the email everyone was talking about. Maybe I was shred from the wailist?

Check your junk mail? The first line of the email says something about updating Stritch. Did you do that?

Also call the admissions office and ask them if you're still in consideration.

I got the call a few hours ago. CC in March and waitlist this week. Don't give up hope guys. Much love

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew from waitlist. Was not an easy decision. Good luck to everyone else!

News anyone? The silence is deadly

Reactions: 3 users
I think the class may have over enrolled again this year. I heard that up to 10 accepted students are being offered half off tuition if they complete an M0 year to pursue a masters program

I was accepted today from CC!! interviewed 2/15 oos, I lost hope i'd get in this cycle and I'm still in shock. Also I recieved a $10,000/year scholarship which was also surprising. I'm so happy, I was planning on applying to masters programs to get my grades up for when I applied again. I don't have to do that now!

Reactions: 4 users
I was accepted today from CC!! interviewed 2/15 oos, I lost hope i'd get in this cycle and I'm still in shock. Also I recieved a $10,000/year scholarship which was also surprising. I'm so happy, I was planning on applying to masters programs to get my grades up for when I applied again. I don't have to do that now!
Congrats!! what were your stats?/ did you send an LOI?

Congrats!! what were your stats?/ did you send an LOI?
Thanks <3 stats were 3.5 GPA with a downward trend, I got like a 3.2 my last semester of college. 24 mcat (49th percentile) the first time I took it, 508 (78th percentile) the second time I took it. I didnt send a loi because I didn't have any acceptances but I did update with a micropub I got published( its not a real pub but a smaller one you can look it up its a very cool concept) mr nabers actually mentioned my update on the phone.

Any other accepted students still waiting on financial aid information?

Any accepted people get an apartment? Know any good apartment complexes near the school?

I'm trying to get a studio soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Any accepted people get an apartment? Know any good apartment complexes near the school?

I'm trying to get a studio soon.
Hey! I just signed a lease with GLA Property Management. I got a studio apartment with a newly renovated kitchen and bathroom. It's located on North Blvd at the heart of downtown Oak Park and is less than 15 minutes from the school. Its a nice studio and the location is awesome! Everything that I think I'll need is nearby.

Last edited:
Financial Aid at Loyola has been pretty disappointing :( Pretty much all loans! Anyone else on the same boat? If so, how are you expensing your medical school education?

Reactions: 4 users
Financial Aid at Loyola has been pretty disappointing :( Pretty much all loans! Anyone else on the same boat? If so, how are you expensing your medical school education?

Unfortunately this means that there’s gonna be bother open spot for the waitlist. I know I’m going to medical school I just can’t afford it and don’t want to be in debt forever, I’ve decided to post pone to save up.

Unfortunately this means that there’s gonna be bother open spot for the waitlist. I know I’m going to medical school I just can’t afford it and don’t want to be in debt forever, I’ve decided to post pone to save up.
May I ask if you're planning to defer, or if you're withdrawing all together?

Generally, postponing to make money to afford medical school isn't advised. Think of the lost year(s) of a physician's salary that you'll have by not enrolling now...

Has anyone called the office recently?

From last years thread it seems like mid June was the end of movement and we haven't had any in almost a month

So, do the prompts that have no character limits listed actually have no character limits?

Any word on waitlist movement?

Word is the office made some acceptance calls today from the waitlist. I don't have any information in terms of how many or if they will continue pulling from the list, but I just wanted to give y'all some hope that it ain't over until you get an official rejection email/letter! Stay hopeful!! :)

Word is the office made some acceptance calls today from the waitlist. I don't have any information in terms of how many or if they will continue pulling from the list, but I just wanted to give y'all some hope that it ain't over until you get an official rejection email/letter! Stay hopeful!! :)
How did you find this out?

Any Stritch student here willing to give me a feedback regarding my secondary responses as I'm pre-writting them while I'm waiting on my application to get verified?
It would be much appreciated :)

Had this status for 2 1/2 months before receiving this update:
"Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
So, don't take it as a decline unless you hear it from the adcom directly.

Was this a rejection?

Thanks! gpa 3.9 mcat 502 IL resident nonURM a lot of other stuff on my application though and I sent 2 update letters, so that would be my suggestion for your next step!

you were accepted to Loyola with a 502 as a non-URM?? that's great, but how?? Did you have anything particularly unique or amazing in your app?