2017-2018 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine - Arizona Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! Freakin' wild ride.

Dr. Colon-Otero called.

Good luck, keep your head up! I hope to see you in the MS1 class :)

Congrats!!! Did you just receive the call? Did you interview in MN or AZ (since you posted in the AZ forum)?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!! Did you just receive the call? Did you interview in MN or AZ (since you posted in the AZ forum)?
I done messed up guys! Interviewed in florida and was accepted to MN. Sorry, I totally forgot there were two of these forums.

Reactions: 1 users
Am I understanding correctly that if there is someone who gets off the waitlist, they would be eligible for the same scholarship opportunities as if they were accepted from the beginning since it’s all need based?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anybody in the accepted student facebook group let us waitlisted students know how many individuals are on the fb group? Just because usually waitlist movement happens around this time and since its so quiet and it was previously stated mayo "over" accepted students this year. Thanks so much in advance!

Am I understanding correctly that if there is someone who gets off the waitlist, they would be eligible for the same scholarship opportunities as if they were accepted from the beginning since it’s all need based?

Yup, i'm pretty sure that's the case!

Unfortunately, no, considering those with acceptances received aid indicating need & merit, not just need. Mayo mislead us (go figure) by directly stating that all aid is need based every time they were asked throughout the cycle, and then directly went back on this based on the current results. Can’t take anything for face value around here, apparently.

Last edited:
Can anybody in the accepted student facebook group let us waitlisted students know how many individuals are on the fb group? Just because usually waitlist movement happens around this time and since its so quiet and it was previously stated mayo "over" accepted students this year. Thanks so much in advance!

Just checked and it's at 63. 2 of those are first years right if im not mistaken.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all, anyone starting in AZ and interested in roommates? If that conversation is already going on FB, my apologies...I'm FBless but clean and timely with rent!

This is correct. I have classmates who were accepted off the waitlist very late but still ended up getting full rides based on need. I have heard through the grapevine that there are some merit scholarships set up by donors (although this info did not come from any official source) but even if that is true, that doesn't take away from how the financial aid office processes awards which is absolutely based on need (hence my classmates who got in off the waitlist and were still able to get full rides based on their parents income/assets)

My impression was that they accepted the normal amount but fewer dropped than they expected. Two new people did just join the fb group this week, but we obviously have no way of knowing if wait list movement is done yet or not. Sorry guys, the wait stinks! Good luck!

here's to hoping for some waitlist movement tomorrow :soexcited:

Did anyone on the waitlist get a letter asking for their current level of interest? I know MN kids got them, but did anyone from AZ receive one?

PM me if you want privacy. I’m about to sign a lease and the only thing holding me back is this waitlist..

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone on the waitlist get a letter asking for their current level of interest? I know MN kids got them, but did anyone from AZ receive one?

PM me if you want privacy. I’m about to sign a lease and the only thing holding me back is this waitlist..
I'm in the same situation too. Could anyone who responds also PM me as well?

Hi! Yeah, I did get a letter from AZ asking if I'm still interested. still waiting for movement though! I tried to PM you but for some reason, an error kept coming up! :)

Hi! Yeah, I did get a letter from AZ asking if I'm still interested. still waiting for movement though! I tried to PM you but for some reason, an error kept coming up! :)
Ah okay. Thank you so much!

Also got a letter asking if I’m still interested in waitlist.

Was just admitted off the wait list and would love to chat with anyone who went to second look. Thanks so much if anyone has any time.

Was just admitted off the wait list and would love to chat with anyone who went to second look. Thanks so much if anyone has any time.

I’d be happy to chat with you, but come join the class Facebook group and you’ll get more info! Congrats and welcome!