2017-2018 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’ve heard from an anonymous source that not all MN acceptances have been issued, but that all decisions should be known within the next week. Still treating this is a non-acceptance on my end, but I thought I’d share in case anyone was wondering.

this is true - acceptances are still going out

Where did you see this?

It was announced today at the AAMC's med school fair

https://students-residents.aamc.org/choosing-medical-career/article/2018-aamc-virtual-medical-school-fair/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mayo MN Final Acceptance List

Monday 2/12/18
Username
(Likely Letter) Interviewed [LOI] 2+2
1. @roll_fizzlebeef (Personalized) ? [?] No
2. @hopeful314 (Personalized) October [Intent] No
3. @anaminmasar (Personalized) December [?] No
4. @twentyeightmiles (INTENSELY) October [Interest] No
5. @IShallGetIn (Generic) November [Interest] No
6. @MarineMDHopeful (Personalized) November [Intent] No
7. @123skate (?) ? [?] No
8. @ariri (?) ? [?] No
9. @Almedstudent (Generic) November [Intent] Yes

Tuesday 2/13/18

Username (Likely Letter) Interviewed [LOI] 2+2
10. @Sir Alanna Trebond (INTENSELY) ? [Interest] No
11. @mdwannabepleaseacceptme
12. @Dr. Jason Taylor
13. @sliversoshiver (ALL LETTERS)
14. @sophop (Personalized + Generic)

That's All, Folks! Congratulations to the lucky few. Meanwhile, I'm going to curl up in a corner and cry my eyes out. Sending all of you (both the rejoicing and the mourning) a great big hug!

For everyone next year:

- Interviewed in December
- Received personalized emails from both of my interviewers as well as another member of the admissions committee.
- Sent a letter of interest
- Did NOT apply 2+2

Hi everyone! First time poster here! :shy: :headphone:
Excited to share that I was accepted to Mayo (MN) on Monday afternoon!! FYI, I received a generic email, submitted a letter of intent then received a personalized highly ranked email from my faculty interviewer. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
Also wondering- has anyone managed to pay the deposit? I don't see a payment link under the Admissions Decision tab. :pompous::confused:

Reactions: 4 users
Excited to share that I was accepted to Mayo (MN) on Monday afternoon!! FYI, I received a generic email, submitted a letter of intent then received a personalized highly ranked email from my faculty interviewer. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
Also wondering- has anyone managed to pay the deposit? I don't see a payment link under the Admissions Decision tab. :pompous::confused:
Congratulations! thanks for the well wishes though all of us are pretty much counting this as a loss at this point but the waitlist (if we get on it doesn't mean that its over yet). there are detailed instructions on the Mayo AZ thread posted by @MarineMDHopeful best of luck!

Thank you for your quick response! I'm rooting for you!! :):highfive:
Guess I should follow the AZ thread as well.

Thank you for your quick response! I'm rooting for you!! :):highfive:
Guess I should follow the AZ thread as well.
thanks! I have heard that there may be more acceptances coming out this week though it appears that either they are and are not being posted or that they are finished accepting people. in essence, the story has yet to be verified for me. But, if waitlisted, I plan to attend and will ride it out to the very end. Congratulations again!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
If you have any questions my original post doesn' answer feel free to PM me.
Great, thank you! I still can't believe I was accepted. Wowza. So excited to meet you all!! Any fellow runners out there?? Already searching around for potential apartments :X3:

Reactions: 1 users
Great, thank you! I still can't believe I was accepted. Wowza. So excited to meet you all!! Any fellow runners out there?? Already searching around for potential apartments :X3:

Haha me too. They are expensive because I habe dogs.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! In case you haven't found the info yet, you just need to call Wendy with your SSN, and then they e-mail you instructions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, regardless of the whether I get waitlisted or rejected here, I am still so grateful that I had the privilege to interview at the Mayo Clinic School of Medicine as a 20 year old, especially considering I didn't go to school for 4 years when I was younger. The fact that the perseverance and hard work I put it to overcome this educational disparity and still pursue my passions was recognized by the admissions committee of this wonderful institution is worthy of recognition itself. I am beyond grateful for this opportunity. Regardless of where I attend medical school, I plan on dedicating myself to my craft, learning from others, and striving to become a pioneer in my own field. If here, terrific! If not, then another institution.

You all are wonderful people, and I really enjoyed seeing the support you all displayed to each other out here. Regardless of your final decision here at Mayo, there is a reason you were granted an interview here in the first place: you are special in your own way. Focus on refining your talents at whatever institution you attend, and surely you will not go wrong. Just a little something to keep in the back of your mind as the waiting game comes to an end:)

Reactions: 13 users
Waitlisted just now for 2+2! Received non-personalized highly-interested letter in the past, sent letter of interest.

Same here; also waitlisted for 2+2, had received a “highly ranked” email, and sent in a letter of interest.

It would really suck to have interviewed at both campuses and nOt even get waitlisted :/

hahaha i swear to god if they sent me high rank email and rejected me thats just dirty

Reactions: 7 users

Last edited:
WL that was highly anticipated, at least we didn't have to wait throught the weekend to hear about this one!

+1 Waitlist, FL 2+2, high interest email, sent strong interest email (changing up my adverbs on them in hopes of them realizing I’m a great fit)

Hey everyone, just called and they said they waitlist about 100 people and it’s unranked so anyone can get pulled off of it. I believe mayo usually has about 30-40 people get off of it so please remain hopeful. I know I am :).

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted as well at least it’s an update. good luck all hopefully I’ll be selected in the future with many of you! Congrats to everyone once again

Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone else notice Mayo requires an alcohol screen during orientation? What does that mean, you can't be at 0.08g% or you can't drink within 90 hours of orientation? The first one I completely understand, the second I have questions about...

Hey everyone, just called and they said they waitlist about 100 people and it’s unranked so anyone can get pulled off of it. I believe mayo usually has about 30-40 people get off of it so please remain hopeful. I know I am :).
Thanks! So do they re-evaluate all the applicants every time a spot opens?

WL for me too UGH IDC anyways MAYO bye pce

Rejected after highly ranked email. Can’t say I really understand how they do things here but oh well

Reactions: 2 users
Look like the highly ranked emails don't mean that much after all. Good luck all.

R, received generic highly-ranked e-mail; congratulations to those accepted; and all the best of luck to those on the waitlist!

If the WL isn’t ranked, does anyone have insight into how they decide who is pulled off of it when slots are made available?

If the WL isn’t ranked, does anyone have insight into how they decide who is pulled off of it when slots are made available?

I heard that if someone declines the acceptance, they offer it to another applicant with similar experience or demographics.

Rejected after highly-ranked e-mail. Disappointed but lucky to have other options. Congrats to those accepted!

Also want to say that following this thread was hands-down my favorite part of the application process. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
It would really suck to have interviewed at both campuses and nOt even get waitlisted :/
That’s me! R from both campuses. Highly ranked generic and personal. Stings a bit since my interviewer told me “You can expect good news in early February.” I wish the best of luck to those on the WL and to those accepted, a big congrats! This has been my favorite thread...ever!

Reactions: 2 users