2017-2018 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Match list for those interested

Anesthesiology (13)
UAB x2
UT Houston x2
Brigham & Women's
Johns Hopkins
U Tennessee Knoxville
U Washington
UTHCS
Boston University
NYU
Brown

Child Neurology (2)
Cincinnati Childrens
Johns Hopkins

Dermatology (3)
Vanderbilt
Loyola
Wake Forest

Emergency Medicine (13)
Medical College of Georgia x4
Cook County
UF Jacksonville
Jackson Memorial FL
Kent Hospital RI
NYP Columbia/Cornell
Mt. Sinai St. Lukes-Roosevelt
U Michigan
Wellstar Kennestone
NMC Portsmouth - Navy

Family Medicine (17)
Medical College of Georgia
East Tennessee State Univ
US Naval Hosp Jacksonville
Tuscaloosa Comm Health
AnMed Health SC x2
Emory x2
Loma Linda
Halifax Med Center FL
U New Mexico
U Rochester
U Iowa
Tallahassee Memorial Hosp x2
Atlanta Med Ctr
Floyd Med Ctr GA

General Surgery (10)
Mayo Clinic MN
UTSW
SUNY Brooklyn
Med Ctr Central GA/Mercer Univ
U Tennessee Chattanooga
Florida State Univ
South Nassau Comm Hosp NY
U Colorado Denver
Boston Univ

Internal Medicine (36)
Medical College of Georgia x4
Mass Gen
Brigham & Women's
Duke
Carilion Clinic - Virginia Tech
Emory x3
Carolinas Med Ctr NC
UAB x5
Mayo Clinic MN
Boston U
Kaiser Santa Clara
Kesler AFB
Wake Forest
WellStar Kennestone
San Antonio Military Med Ctr x2
Memorial Health - Univ Med Ctr GA
OHSU
Brown
UF Shands Hosp
Palmetto Health SC
UT Houston
UVA
MUSC
UTSW
U Tennessee Chattanooga
Georgetown

Interventional Radiology (1)

UAB

Medicine-Pediatrics (1)

UMASS

Neurology (8)
Vanderbilt x2
Mayo Clinic MN
Thomas Jefferson
U Kentucky
Baylor
Palmetto Health SC
Emory

Neurosurgery (2)
Mt Sinai
UT Houston

OBGYN (20)
Detroit Med Ctr/Wayne State
Vidant Med Ctr/East Carolina U
UPMC
USF Morsani
Emory
Med Ctr Central GA/Mercer Univ
Medical College of Georgia x3
U Mass
Wellstar Kennestone
Oschner Clinic
Cleveland Clinic
INOVA Fairfax Hosp VA
UNC
Pennsylvania Hosp
UF Jacksonville
Palmetto Health SC
St Vincent Hosp IN
MUSC

Ophthalmology (3)
Wills Eye Residency at Jefferson
Case Western

Orthopaedic Surgery (11)
Case Western
Johns Hopkins
Emory
UF Jacksonville
UAB x2
Atlanta Med Ctr
Tulane
UF Shands Hosp x2

Otolaryngology (5)
U Tennesse Memphis
UF Shands Hosp
Wake Forest
UT Houston

Pathology (11)
San Antonio Military Med Ctr
NCC Walter Reed Ntl Med Ctr
U Washington
U Michigan
Emory
Duke
U Hawaii
MUSC
UAB
UF Shands Hosp
Barnes-Jewish Hosp

Pediatrics (23)
MUSC x3
UF Shands Hosp x2
UT Austin Dell
Eastern VA Med School
Emory x3
Carolinas Med Ctr
Palmetto Health SC
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Med Ctr
Michigan State
NYU x2
MCW
Johns Hopkins x2
Nationwide Childrens Hosp OH
Johns Hopkins All Childrens Hosp FL
Baylor

Phys Medicine & Rehab (1)
NYU
Indiana

Plastic Surgery (2)
Wake Forest
UVA

Psychiatry (2)
Vanderbilt
Howard Univ

Radiology-Diagnostic (5)
Northwestern
NYP Hosp - Columbia & Cornell
NYU Winthrop Hosp
Vanderbilt
U Utah

Radiation Oncology (3)
UT San Antonio
UAB
Emory

Thoracic Surgery (1)
U Iowa

Urology (4)
Tulane
Carolinas Med Ctr
MUSC
Henry Ford Hosp

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know when/if financial aid information will be sent out for accepted applicants?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
After the mid March round of acceptances, have they historically released any more acceptances prior to releasing the waitlist in mid-April?

After the mid March round of acceptances, have they historically released any more acceptances prior to releasing the waitlist in mid-April?
Last year when applicants called they kept saying they were behind so they had two acceptances on March 3rd then March 17th, followed by waitlist on March 30th. Not sure this year's plan...

Reactions: 1 user
Someone else called last week and they said they were still meeting every tuesday/thursday, so we might have more decisions this friday, although those might only be waitlist/rejection

Reactions: 1 users
Someone else called last week and they said they were still meeting every tuesday/thursday, so we might have more decisions this friday, although those might only be waitlist/rejection
Yeah that was me, they didn't say anything about more acceptances or just waitlists/rejections, just that the cycle was still active.

In my opinion, i think it's waitlist rejection from here on out. Does anyone know how many people were taken off the waitlist last year?

In my opinion, i think it's waitlist rejection from here on out. Does anyone know how many people were taken off the waitlist last year?

The US News and World Report Info from 2016 says 546 interviews/376 accepted. So if they've only accepted 230 so far, that's a 46% acceptance rate off the wait list.

However, they've probably accepted over 230 and the actual WL acceptance rate is probably lower, but there's still a fair amount of movement.

Based on last year and couple of years before, each year 20-30 get accepted off the waitlist. Assume 50% registered on this thread so about 10-15 will post here that got accepted from the wait list.

Last edited:
So I take it no one has heard anything today? This seems really strange.

Based on last year and couple of years before, each year 20-30 get accepted off the waitlist. Assume 50% registered on this thread so about 10-15 will post here that got accepted from the wait list.
I thought more got accepted off the waitlist than 20-30. I always thought it was like 70-80 looking at previous threads and stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought more got accepted off the waitlist than 20-30. I always thought it was like 70-80 looking at previous threads and stats.
I'm not sure about 70-80..
Thats almost half of the entire class.
I could be wrong though. I wish we had easier access to historical data like that.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about 70-80..
Thats almost half of the entire class.
I could be wrong though. I wish we had easier access to historical data like that.
It could very well be possible. Mercer only has a class size of 120, but last year they accepted 70 people from their waitlist

Accepted students: I contacted admissions today, and they said the next round of campus assignments should come out mid April.

Also, this coming week is their spring break, so don't expect any more decisions until the week of April 9th. :confused:

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know where we can find a 2018-2019 academic calendar?

Anybody know when financial awards are sent out?

Do you mean scholarships or loans? I was wondering if MCG gives scholarships besides the Harrison ones which I would definitely not get

For those who have sent in the Certiphi screening, what is the fax number for the Georgia Release form? I sent it to the number on that cover letter, but it looks like that is not a fax number. Maybe I missed the number somewhere.

For those who have sent in the Certiphi screening, what is the fax number for the Georgia Release form? I sent it to the number on that cover letter, but it looks like that is not a fax number. Maybe I missed the number somewhere.
I no longer have the fax number written down but I had to call Certiphi and ask them for the fax number

Anyone else get their campus assignment today? I just got mine.

Anyone know if you have to submit a new Certiphi background check if you've already completed one for another school you were accepted to before?

Anyone know if you have to submit a new Certiphi background check if you've already completed one for another school you were accepted to before?
Wondering the same thing

Does anyone know if MCG is still accepting applicants? I haven't heard back since I last asked about my status about a month ago.

MCG will be having two more release dates. One this Friday and one towards the end of April. I have already assumed rejection so I put my deposit down for an MPH program. Hope this info helps.

MCG will be having two more release dates. One this Friday and one towards the end of April. I have already assumed rejection so I put my deposit down for an MPH program. Hope this info helps.
Two releases dates that include acceptances? Or do you think it's waitlist rejection only? When did you interview?

Two releases dates that include acceptances? Or do you think it's waitlist rejection only? When did you interview?

Interviews mid January and I think there will be rejections, acceptances, and waitlists just not 33% each. More like 90% rejection and waitlist and 10% acceptance. There could even be no more acceptance. I’ve basically moved on from MCG for this cycle

Interviews mid January and I think there will be rejections, acceptances, and waitlists just not 33% each. More like 90% rejection and waitlist and 10% acceptance. There could even be no more acceptance. I’ve basically moved on from MCG for this cycle
I interviewed in February and still waiting :(

Where are you getting this information from?

When do we get our Pounce account info? I was accepted Mar 23rd and haven't gotten that info yet. I want to apply to live in Elm Hall but seems like you can't do so without your username and stuff.

And sorry for the spam guys but any tips on writing letters to withdraw an acceptance? Should you mention why you're withdrawing and where you're now planning to enroll? Or should it be just a one sentence type thing where you say you want to withdraw from the class?

When do we get our Pounce account info? I was accepted Mar 23rd and haven't gotten that info yet. I want to apply to live in Elm Hall but seems like you can't do so without your username and stuff.
I was also accepted 3/23 and I got my pounce info last Friday. When did they receive your deposit? I think that plays more a factor into it than acceptance date.

And sorry for the spam guys but any tips on writing letters to withdraw an acceptance? Should you mention why you're withdrawing and where you're now planning to enroll? Or should it be just a one sentence type thing where you say you want to withdraw from the class?
I would just write a sentence. No need to explain why.

I was also accepted 3/23 and I got my pounce info last Friday. When did they receive your deposit? I think that plays more a factor into it than acceptance date.

I would just write a sentence. No need to explain why.
Were you able to log in with the info they sent you? I am having so much trouble and haven’t gotten any help from MCG.

Were you able to log in with the info they sent you? I am having so much trouble and haven’t gotten any help from MCG.
Yeah the instructions they gave weren't that helpful. I was able to log in to the email by going to Portals for Students and Faculty / Staff and using the e-mail link. I couldn't change my password through the e-mail for some reason, so I googled "Augusta Univeristy change password" and did it that way. Hope this helps!

I was accepted March 9th and still haven't received any info.

I was accepted 3/23 and have also not received Pounce info.

I had trouble logging into my Outlook/Pounce too. I think the temporary password expires. I called the tech service desk and they were super helpful. Had it fixed in 5 min.

For those of you waiting, I called admissions and they said we should have a decision by april 15 th

Reactions: 2 users
I had trouble logging into my Outlook/Pounce too. I think the temporary password expires. I called the tech service desk and they were super helpful. Had it fixed in 5 min.
Same!!

Isn't the 15th a Sunday? Did they say that they will email/call us over the weekend?
When I called all they said was that I was active but everyone will be receiving a decision by april 15th