2017-2018 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now! Complete a week ago. Tons of leadership and campus involvement, ~400 research hours, average amount of community service

3.68 cGPA, 3.59 sGPA, 512 MCAT

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II!! Very happy!! Was complete around 7/21; ~3.9/~520 (also edit, regular decision applicant)

EDIT: fyi they sent my password in my email so I guess I'm changing my password now

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else complete over a month ago and still has not heard back?

Reactions: 3 users
Is everyone who's been getting II applying for EDP or RD??

Anyone else complete over a month ago and still has not heard back?
I've been complete for regular decision since 7/13 and heard nothing.

Does anyone know if mcg sends rejection letters?

I've been complete for regular decision since 7/13 and heard nothing.

Does anyone know if mcg sends rejection letters?
It's waaaay to early to worry about rejection letters. I didn't get my II last cycle until January!

It's waaaay to early to worry about rejection letters. I didn't get my II last cycle until January!
I think the general rule is if you apply ealry and not having II after thanksgiving then you should be worried and think about plan B. But keep hope for some miracle that would happen too

II! Got an invite yesterday at 5pm for regular MD. Submitted 7/12. (MCAT 521, GPA 3.95) :)

I think the general rule is if you apply ealry and not having II after thanksgiving then you should be worried and think about plan B. But keep hope for some miracle that would happen too
I was complete in July when I got my Jan interview. Every single person applying should have a plan B from day one in my opinion.

I was complete in July when I got my Jan interview. Every single person applying should have a plan B from day one in my opinion.

I was also complete early last year and got an interview invite in mid January. There is absolutely no reason to panic this early in the cycle, or even after Thanksgiving! These applications are stressful, but panicking (especially this early) is the worst thing you can do. Just keep your head down and continue updating your application throughout the cycle and you will be fine.

what is your individual MCAT scores if you don't mind sharing? Good luck on your interview

Sure, but I don't think it matters much. I was 127VR 126PS 130BS 129SP

I skipped a 7q passage on accident during the VR section....was my best section on my first MCAT and on every practice test....could've done so much better..... >.<

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a II!!!
Instate. LizzyM: 62

Anyone here have any interview advice for MCOG?

Reactions: 5 users
Just got a II!!!
Instate. LizzyM: 62

Anyone here have any interview advice for MCOG?

They really do an excellent job of making the interview a comfortable experience. I didn't get asked any screwball questions at my interview last year.

Congrats btw!!

They really do an excellent job of making the interview a comfortable experience. I didn't get asked any screwball questions at my interview last year.

Congrats btw!!

Thank you! Is there any hotels in the area you would suggest?

Thank you! Is there any hotels in the area you would suggest?

There is a Mariott that is on the river and is a quick drive/Uber to the med school that is the best deal around IMO in terms of location and price.

I interviewed on the 23rd and got accepted! I've been talking to the people who I've interviewed with and 7 of us got accepted! We're having a huge party tonight!

Has to be ED. AMCAS doesn't allow any RD acceptances before oct 15

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted on Friday as well! Congrats to all the ED peeps! :D

I interviewed on the 23rd and got accepted! I've been talking to the people who I've interviewed with and 7 of us got accepted! We're having a huge party tonight!
Congratulations, Please share your stats if you can.

For those who have completed your interviews, does the school still do one 30-minute open-file and one 30-minute closed-file interview?

In addition, any heads up or advice?

For those who have completed your interviews, does the school still do one 30-minute open-file and one 30-minute closed-file interview?

In addition, any heads up or advice?
My interviews ended up being closer to an hour; I can't remember exactly how much time they had allotted (I think it was about 45 minutes?). And yes, one open and one closed.

HEADS UP: PARKING IS AWFUL. They said they had reserved spots at the wellness center, but that was entirely full. The gravel lot was full. The dental patient parking was full. The deck was full. I ended up going to a student lot that is across from the new student dorms and was a couple of minutes late despite arriving on campus half an hour early (it's okay, they are understanding and said that if anyone got ticketed they could bring it to the admissions office). If you can, try to visit the campus beforehand so you know of these parking areas as well as which building to go to (it's a pretty brick building).

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer!

II today! Submitted 7/10 | MCAT: 514| GPA: 3.3| Non-traditional | generally strong LORs, ECs, and clinical

Last edited:
II yesterday! Submitted 7/25, but had been waiting on my last letter until a week ago. In state. GPA 3.85, MCAT 512, typical ECs. Good luck to everyone! Also, is everyone doing the student host program in Augusta or are some people just getting a hotel instead?

I got an email from them saying that I didn't put where I'm living until 2018? That's good news right? Lol cause if they were gonna reject me, they probably wouldn't care.

I got an email from them saying that I didn't put where I'm living until 2018? That's good news right? Lol cause if they were gonna reject me, they probably wouldn't care.
I got that same email about one month ago. Did you reply and tell them you updated it or did you just update it and not say anything?

I got that same email about one month ago. Did you reply and tell them you updated it or did you just update it and not say anything?
Updated and didn't say anything. Was that the right thing to do?

Any current applicants or students mind sharing their thought process for choosing between the Athens versus Augusta campus? What are some of the things you considered and weighed?

Any current applicants or students mind sharing their thought process for choosing between the Athens versus Augusta campus? What are some of the things you considered and weighed?
MCG recruiters came yesterday to one local university and I know one student attended and I asked him to ask this question. He was told it is the same program of study, the difference is the number in Athens is way smaller than Augusta 40 vs 190 students , so in Athens they have smaller groups (4-5) vs 20 in Augusta . If seems logical that Athens students since they are in small group, they have more time to practice but not sure about the research side of it. Also There is a plan to increase number of students in Athens to 60 students by 2018.

Athens> Augusta in terms of living, IMO.

The new lecture hall tho....

Just interviewed here last Monday! Think it went really well. They do a great job of making you feel comfortable. No weird gotcha questions, they just want to get to know you and your story. Best of luck to everyone!

current second year student here.. so the difference is in the curriculum itself.
Athens more PBL based learning
Augusta- lecture based and PBL once a week

current second year student here.. so the difference is in the curriculum itself.
Athens more PBL based learning
Augusta- lecture based and PBL once a week

What are the facilities like at the Athens campus? I'm looking to take a tour soon.

Hey guys, I'm planning on starting a Facebook group for the Class of 2022. If anyone is interested in joining, PM me your email and we can get a group started so that future acceptancees can join and we can start a community thread for intended matriculants! :D

Could anyone give a breakdown of how interview day is at this school?

Could anyone give a breakdown of how interview day is at this school?

You get there around 9, get some presentations from some staff members/adcoms. Then, you go to your first interview which is open file meaning whoever is interviewing you has read your entire application and usually has some questions prepared. Afterwards, you go eat lunch with some current students, and they give you a tour of the campus. Finally, you come back for your second interview which is closed file, meaning this person knows nothing about you except your name.

II! Complete 8/3.

I'll join this II club. Got mine around 4:30 this afternoon