2017-2018 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 user
Does MCG send out complete emails? I submitted my secondary in July and got an email saying it was received but nothing after that.

I just got my secondary from them this morning. Should I even complete it lol?

Can anyone at the athens campus describe at typically week in med school, and how much time they spend doing PBL every-week?

I just got my secondary from them this morning. Should I even complete it lol?

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Plus, it's not like there's a secondary fee or anything. Why not?

Reactions: 6 users
For those who attended an interview, could you help answer this? I can't remember from my interview.

Did they ask us to keep them updated with anything new post interview? I'm not sure if I should submit an update now or later.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who attended an interview, could you help answer this? I can't remember from my interview.

Did they ask us to keep them updated with anything new post interview? I'm not sure if I should submit an update now or later.
\

They said to update any new grades you get each term

Darn- so the match list isn't available online :( can someone grab one at their interview and post a picture? Apparently you have to get it from the admissions office by special request.

Does anybody know when they send out official campus assignments for those accepted EDPers? Any Athens campus MCG students here?

Also, side note, FB group is up if you guys want to join! :)

Is MCG receptive to "in the area" emails? I'm from GA but I don't live in GA and I'll be making a trip down to GA in a few weeks to visit family and friends and would love to do the interview then to save myself from having to buy another plane ticket and take more time off work/volunteering...
:/

Does anyone know when MCG's first round of acceptances come out?

Does anyone know when MCG's first round of acceptances come out?
Based on the past three years, any time between October 28th and November 25th. Also, I don't think there is a pattern with the days. One wave of acceptances was a Monday, one was a Tuesday, and the other was a Friday. However, if anyone has heard anything from MCG directly, that would be great to know!

If I am not mistaken from what I have seen from before, the last Friday of each month with exceptions to Thanks giving, Christmas or any major Holidays or any major event happening at the university. In that case a week before or week after. Last year they did on Friday Oct 28, still always a guess, you never know...

Based on the past three years, any time between October 28th and November 25th. Also, I don't think there is a pattern with the days. One wave of acceptances was a Monday, one was a Tuesday, and the other was a Friday. However, if anyone has heard anything from MCG directly, that would be great to know!
The admissions counselor I spoke to during my interview said there is no set pattern for when they send out acceptances. In his words "We take our time reviewing apps, then accept some students. Then we review some more until myself and (insert deans name here) decide we need to accept some more students".

He did make it seem like the first round of acceptances would be coming out in the next few weeks or so though.

Reactions: 1 users
The admissions counselor I spoke to during my interview said there is no set pattern for when they send out acceptances. In his words "We take our time reviewing apps, then accept some students. Then we review some more until myself and (insert deans name here) decide we need to accept some more students".

He did make it seem like the first round of acceptances would be coming out in the next few weeks or so though.
Awesome, thanks for the reply!

Any M1s or M2s here from each campus that could comment on their experience so far? I'm having trouble choosing a campus preference post interview. Athens seems like a better place to be in that I like the town a lot better (not much to do in Augusta at all), but the curriculum worries me. From what I understand it seems like they just throw cases at you without any traditional learning and you're kind of left to guide yourself through the organ systems, or is this entirely wrong? Also how are the facilities, Augusta's are amazing given that they're brand new but I did not hear much about the Athens facilities at all.

Any M1s or M2s here from each campus that could comment on their experience so far? I'm having trouble choosing a campus preference post interview. Athens seems like a better place to be in that I like the town a lot better (not much to do in Augusta at all), but the curriculum worries me. From what I understand it seems like they just throw cases at you without any traditional learning and you're kind of left to guide yourself through the organ systems, or is this entirely wrong? Also how are the facilities, Augusta's are amazing given that they're brand new but I did not hear much about the Athens facilities at all.
I'm just an applicant but I'm planning to go to one of the open houses to learn more:
21462550_1671767652855792_6304103935950567083_n.jpg

In my experience, PBL requires a lot of self-teaching, but hopefully at this Open House the students could give some more info on how it plays out.

Reactions: 2 users
It should be any day now, hopefully...
If they are on the same timeline as last year then you are probably right; per last year's thread, the first round of RD acceptances went out on October 28th (then the second round on December 2nd). But October 28th's rough equivalent was last Friday the 27th so........ (raise your hand if all of this waiting is killing your soul too). I hope we all hear good things soon.

If they are on the same timeline as last year then you are probably right; per last year's thread, the first round of RD acceptances went out on October 28th (then the second round on December 2nd). But October 28th's rough equivalent was last Friday the 27th so........ (raise your hand if all of this waiting is killing your soul too). I hope we all hear good things soon.

Last Friday was the white coat ceremony for Class 2021 (last year). So it could be moved the announcement to this Friday!!!

So has there been any recent interview invites for people who were complete very early? like July? All the interview posts seem to be for people who have just recently become complete.

Reactions: 2 users
So it seems like no one has heard news for regular decision? I interviewed on October 5th, this is taking a while. =(

So has there been any recent interview invites for people who were complete very early? like July? All the interview posts seem to be for people who have just recently become complete.

Was complete early/mid July and received an II 2 weeks ago! There's still hope!

ACCEPTED AT 5:43AM :love::highfive::soexcited::clap::banana:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED AT 5:43AM :love::highfive::soexcited::clap::banana:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be annoying but lol when did you interview and did they send you an email or call ?

Sorry to be annoying but lol when did you interview and did they send you an email or call ?
don't worry, not annoying :) interviewed mid-September, notified by email (I definitely would not have answered a call at 5:43AM lol)

Congrats! Did anything change on your portal yet?
Thanks! Nope, still just says app submitted in the status, only thing that has changed is the email showed up in the communications tab.

Accepted at 5:43 this morning as well!

Reactions: 1 users