2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning out of nowhere, given silence since July complete date. Only available interview day is April 23rd. Will be declining, so I hope it falls to one of you guys! Don’t give up hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
II this morning out of nowhere, given silence since July complete date. Only available interview day is April 23rd. Will be declining, so I hope it falls to one of you guys! Don’t give up hope!

I guess better late than never.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

When you decline, tell them to send it to me. :laugh: lol jk

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Never mind... I'll take back what I said about throwing the white flag lol

Reactions: 1 users
So, I called Meharry and they basically said that they are still reviewing applications and still sending interviews. The lady I spoke to said the process was winding down and that they could stop at any moment. There is no date; when they are done,its done. No white flags yet!

Reactions: 5 users
So, I called Meharry and they basically said that they are still reviewing applications and still sending interviews. The lady I spoke to said the process was winding down and that they could stop at any moment. There is no date; when they are done,its done. No white flags yet!

Thank you so much for calling on the behalf of all of us! You're the REAL MVP!

Lol if I could I would! MCAT 505-510, GPA 3.7-3.8

Not a bad strategy for them. Offer the higher stat applicants interview invites near the end of the season that way they only interview those that are seriously interested and not those that have put them down as a safety school. Perhaps there is a method to their madness lol

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder when they'll start sending out information to accepted students? All I've gotten was just the financial aid stuff while some of my friends already have their school email set up! I just wanna get the ball rolling, figure out housing, etc!

I wonder when they'll start sending out information to accepted students? All I've gotten was just the financial aid stuff while some of my friends already have their school email set up! I just wanna get the ball rolling, figure out housing, etc!

+1

I sent Meharry an interest letter last night and received an II about 2 hours ago.
MCAT <500, GPA 3.6-3.7
Only date available was April 23rd.

Reactions: 8 users
I have already pretty much given up on this school. I'm restudying for the MCAT. I'll be a force to be reckoned with once I reapply

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent Meharry an interest letter last night and received an II about 2 hours ago.
MCAT <500, GPA 3.6-3.7
Which email did you send it too

MCAT <500, GPA 3.6-3.7
What does an interest letter entail?

Well, I included why they’re a good fit for me and I for them. I also threw in a relevant update.
I received a "Please note that that your file is still under review" email yesterday. I am thinking of sending a Letter of Interest as well and I could use some advice.
I applied in July. I also started the MD at St. George's University (Caribbean) in August and I am maintaining a 94% average. Would it be wise to mention the grades or not?

Last edited:
I received a "Please note that that your file is still under review" email yesterday. I am thinking of sending a Letter of Interest as well and I could use some advice.
I applied in July. I also started the MD at St. George's University (Caribbean) in August and I am maintaining a 94% average. Would it be wise to mention the grades or not?

You are applying for MD while you are in an MD program? How does that work? Good grades sound good and relevant I think.

Are the schools you applied to aware that you are currently in an MD program in the Caribbean? If it were me I wouldn't mention it but depends on what the schools know I guess...

You are applying for MD while you are in an MD program? How does that work? Good grades sound good and relevant I think.
I applied to both US schools and Caribbean schools. This is the last cycle my MCAT score is eligible so i started at SGU with the intent to switch and start over if I get accepted into a US school

I applied to both US schools and Caribbean schools. This is the last cycle my MCAT score is eligible so i started at SGU with the intent to switch and start over if I get accepted into a US school
Best of luck!

But I think maybe you need to transfer instead of apply? I don’t know the AMCAS rule but I think there is a box on the application asking if you are currently matriculated.

In terms of the LOI, I wrote one to another school that waitlisted me and I put 1) Reiterated that I’ll definately enroll if am accepted 2) my volunteer hours updates 3) some of the residency documents they asked for

Again best of luck!

Well, I included why they’re a good fit for me and I for them. I also threw in a relevant update.
A part of me wants to send a letter but the other part of me feels like they're about to get flooded with letters because of this. Lol

Reactions: 2 users
If schools are well aware that you have already matriculated, then I would mention the grades. Good grades can't hurt, right?

A part of me wants to send a letter but the other part of me feels like they're about to get flooded with letters because of this. Lol

I agree, but if you want to write one, you should. IThe only thing that you could lose is the time spent writing it, but you have the possibility of gaining much more.

I just received an email couple of minutes ago that my app is still under review. Its basically the same email that was sent in February. Anyone else get this?
I thought their app cycle was basically over...?

I just received an email couple of minutes ago that my app is still under review. Its basically the same email that was sent in February. Anyone else get this?
I thought their app cycle was basically over...?
If I were you I would ignore that message, because they sent me a rejection email fortnight ago, and now they said my application is under review, so confusing.

If I were you I would ignore that message, because they sent me a rejection email fortnight ago, and now they said my application is under review, so confusing.
Ohhh so they are sending out rejections now.

Haven’t heard anything from here all cycle but just got an email saying that I’m on hold and they will not review any letters of intent at this time

Ohhh so they are sending out rejections now.
I received a rejection letter March 9. But just now, received an application under review.... hmm.. not sure what to think. It would have been nice if there was a portal to check status. Looks like I'm not the only one...

There seems to be several emails going around. This is the on hold email I received
"On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in completing your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
The tremendous volume of applications for the limited number of positions available makes it impossible to interview every eligible applicant. Due to the highly competitive nature of medical school admissions, the School of Medicine Admissions Committee has selected to place your application on hold pending a comprehensive review of all applications in the applicant pool. Should an interview spot become available, you will be notified via email.
Unfortunately, we will not review any letters of intent or other materials at this time; but please be assured that every consideration will be given to your application before a final decision is rendered.
If we can assist you any further, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment via email at [email protected].”

I just wanted to clarify, What do you mean by on hold ? I received an email saying do not send any updates, is that the same email?
I got the same email as the one melanin monroe just posted

Apparently I’m still in the running at this school but I never received a hold email; anybody else in the same situation?

Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 3 users
There seems to be several emails going around. This is the on hold email I received
"On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in completing your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
The tremendous volume of applications for the limited number of positions available makes it impossible to interview every eligible applicant. Due to the highly competitive nature of medical school admissions, the School of Medicine Admissions Committee has selected to place your application on hold pending a comprehensive review of all applications in the applicant pool. Should an interview spot become available, you will be notified via email.
Unfortunately, we will not review any letters of intent or other materials at this time; but please be assured that every consideration will be given to your application before a final decision is rendered.
If we can assist you any further, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment via email at [email protected].”

This is the same exact email I received from Loyola about a month a ago as well smh

I got the same email as the one melanin monroe just posted
\
I personally think that you and Melanie are still in the running if you received that email! **Crossing my fingers for you**

This whole thing is just so confusing.
My email said I was still "under review". Same email from Feb. I didn't get the "on hold" one.
I'm just like are they really still sending out II's tho?

This whole thing is just so confusing.
My email said I was still "under review". Same email from Feb. I didn't get the "on hold" one.
I'm just like are they really still sending out II's tho?

The last email I received (October) said my email was ready to be forwarded to the committee; I'm confused as well.

same. I'm waiting for my rejection. It's strange they haven't sent that out yet.
The last email I received (October) said my email was ready to be forwarded to the committee; I'm confused as well.

Last email I received in February says "under review". Are they still doing II?

Same, October was the last time I heard from them and I haven't been getting any of these extra emails

I got that email back in November. Haven't got it recently, but I'm already on the alternate list already.

Have not heard back since September! At this point I don't want to go here. So glad I applied to a decent number of schools.

Has anyone heard back about the master's program?

I was accepted to it last month. Has anyone else been accepted to it?