2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a face book group for class of 2022?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, does anyone have information on housing? I don't see resources online for costs/photos for the on campus housing. And I haven't had too much luck with browsing the web for apartments in the area.

-Thanks

did you get an interview and a decline first?

I interviewed for the medical school. I guess my interview for the medical school counted as my interview for the program because I didn't interview again for the Master's Program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed for the medical school. I guess my interview for the medical school counted as my interview for the program because I didn't interview again for the Master's Program.
How long did it take to get a response after your interview?

Oh okay when did you interview?

If you've been accepted and want to be added to our groupme group chat. Just message me and I will add you

If you've been accepted and want to be added to our groupme group chat. Just message me and I will add you
Hi my SDN account is too new to enable me to directly message you. Could you post the QR code of the Groupme group chat so that I can scan it?

Hi

This is silly, but I saw your private message and I was unable to reply to you. Yes SDN prevented me from doing this because my account is 6 days old. It needs to be at lease 10 days old before I can PM people....do you mind Pm me your email so that I can contact you :blackeye::blackeye::unsure::unsure:+pissed+

Can you also PM with the groupchat info. I just created my account, too!

I was accepted to it last month. Has anyone else been accepted to it?
are you planning to do med or dental? and has anyone been accepted to the MHS program to do dental? i'm over here worrying myself crazy waiting to hear back about an interview. they said late april in the email, and i know it's mid april, but i'm still freakin and geekin

Members don't see this ad :)
are you planning to do med or dental? and has anyone been accepted to the MHS program to do dental? i'm over here worrying myself crazy waiting to hear back about an interview. they said late april in the email, and i know it's mid april, but i'm still freakin and geekin

Medical

I have no clue what’s going on at this school this cycle, if IIs are done why didn’t they send out a mass rejection email?! Has anyone called them recently?

Reactions: 5 users
I have no clue what’s going on at this school this cycle, if IIs are done why didn’t they send out a mass rejection email?! Has anyone called them recently?
I called them 10 days ago they said they still reviewing applications and everyone will be notified!!

Reactions: 2 users
I called them 10 days ago they said they still reviewing applications and everyone will be notified!!
I called them an hour ago and they said the same thing but added that they were winding down the process.

Reactions: 2 users
I honestly just need to know an answer about if they are considering me for the Master's program, I am accepted/waiting for an acceptance at 2 other schools (but Meharry is my first choice :help:)

I was accepted to the masters program on 3-29. I had to accept the offer by April 8th which I did. I am now waiting on the next step as far as them sending me financial aid information and how to move forward now that I accepted their offer. So hang in there we all know Meharry is a bit confusing this cycle.

If there are an Meharry medical or dental students that went through the masters program at Meharry can you please give me insight into the program as far as how helpful you felt the program was at preparing you for medical or dental school. As well as how you paid for the program because I heard it is a bit expensive for one year. Overall, I just want to know your take on the program as a whole.

I was accepted to the masters program on 3-29. I had to accept the offer by April 8th which I did. I am now waiting on the next step as far as them sending me financial aid information and how to move forward now that I accepted their offer. So hang in there we all know Meharry is a bit confusing this cycle.

Did you interview for MD first or did they invite you to interview specifically for the MHS program?

If there are an Meharry medical or dental students that went through the masters program at Meharry can you please give me insight into the program as far as how helpful you felt the program was at preparing you for medical or dental school. As well as how you paid for the program because I heard it is a bit expensive for one year. Overall, I just want to know your take on the program as a whole.

And if you interviewed for MD, when did you interview?

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? This is my #1!

:highfive:
Ahhhhh!!!! Finally! I found someone else who has also been accepted to the program!! I am sooo excited, lol. I am in the same boat as you are as far as waiting for financial aid information.

Reactions: 1 user
Ahhhhh!!!! Finally! I found someone else who has also been accepted to the program!! I am sooo excited, lol. I am in the same boat as you are as far as waiting for financial aid information.

Hi~~I’m asking on behalf of a friend who’s planning on doing a gap year. Does this masters program have guaranteed admission upon finishing the program with certain grades? Are there any benefit?

Thanks!

How do you know that you're on an alternate list?

They sent me an email after my interview saying,

" The Admissions Committee has recommended that you be placed on the waitlist for the upcoming academic year.
If a seat becomes available for the 2018 entering class, you will be officially notified by the Office of Admissions and Recruitment no later than June 2018. "

I have 1 acceptance already, so I'm not dreading it anymore. They can accept me or reject me. Either way, I'm starting medical school in 2018.
:shrug:

I have so many questions like what to do for housing, how to pay for the program and rent and just if the program is helpful. I interviewed for a similar program in my state (Michigan) and if I’m accepted they will offer me a full tuition scholarship but I don’t like the school as much as I like Meharry. So I’m confused as to which one to choose.

I have so many questions like what to do for housing, how to pay for the program and rent and just if the program is helpful. I interviewed for a similar program in my state (Michigan) and if I’m accepted they will offer me a full tuition scholarship but I don’t like the school as much as I like Meharry. So I’m confused as to which one to choose.

The free one...

Reactions: 4 users
I did the MHS program for medical. PM me with your questions.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, I was wondering does any know if the interviews tomorrow are just for WL spots or if there are still seats available? Only reason I ask is because I am currently at Coachella (planned awhile ago) but got a II. I have two flights so I can make a decision to come back early or stay here. I have an acceptance elsewhere but I really like this school. Any kind of information would be helpful in making my decision. Thank you.

Has anyone not received an interview but never received a rejection either?

Reactions: 15 users
Anyone interview in March and not heard anything back yet?

Still haven't heard anything

called 2 times and never got a hold of someone!! can someone figure out what's going on there!! can we be informed!!

called 2 times and never got a hold of someone!! can someone figure out what's going on there!! can we be informed!!
I think that it is quite unprofessional. Other schools let you know where you stand, especially after an interview.

I think that it is quite unprofessional. Other schools let you know where you stand, especially after an interview.
Yes!! It’s very unprofessional, and it’s not decent to hold on applicants that long!! I’m wondering what kind of a review do they implement there!!

I applied here last year as well and the scenario for me was no different. I thought they were just super behind last year so I applied again. Complete in July oos urm and heard nothing either cycle from them.

Honestly at this point it has been so long and grueling to hear back from this school that I even forgot that I applied here... I'm going back to school this year to get my Masters and reapply next year as a stronger applicant

Withdrew my acceptance earlier this week. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile