2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I spoke to someone at Meharry today and he said they do not send confirmation emails about your app. He said that admissions is getting ready to meet really soon and start sending rejections and request for interviews. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, if anyone on here is applying to this school rec'd below 500 on mcat and got a secondary?

Just wondering, if anyone on here is applying to this school rec'd below 500 on mcat and got a secondary?
I know two people who did! I don't know if they have SDN accounts though.

Reactions: 1 user

My previous mcat ( before my most recent one) was way under 500 and I got one about 2 hours after submitting. There is hope my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For the question, "Prioritize (1-9 with one being the highest) the type of medical practice you now contemplate," we can select the same ranking for multiple options. Did people assign a different number to each one?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the question, "Prioritize (1-9 with one being the highest) the type of medical practice you now contemplate," we can select the same ranking for multiple options. Did people assign a different number to each one?
Yup! I think they just want to see what each applicant desires from a career in medicine.

I know a few people who are at Meharry who scored below 500, so its more to it then just your MCAT score. Hope that helps..

Anyone heard anything new??

The silence is killing me

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an email confirming they received my 2018 AMCAS application. I submitted my secondary on 7/13/17...

Reactions: 3 users
I received this email: Dear Applicant:

"On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in submitting your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2018 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication after the review of your application has been completed
Thank you for applying to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College."

My heart jumped thinking it was an II but alas.... the wait continues :arghh:

Reactions: 9 users
I sure fired up when I got this email, thinking "Yeah boy!!!!":D Then, I opened it up and was like, "Nah boyyy....":yeahright:

Reactions: 6 users

"On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in submitting your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
This e-mail is to acknowledge receipt of your 2018 AMCAS electronic application. You will receive further communication after the review of your application has been completed

LMFAO bruhh sameeeeeeeee

I also got this email, and I haven't yet submitted my secondary so i was a tad confused

Hey guys. How long did it take for you to receive a secondary after being verified by AMCAS?

Hey guys. How long did it take for you to receive a secondary after being verified by AMCAS?
Like 30 minutes. Have you still not received a secondary?

My heart jumped thinking it was an II but alas.... the wait continues
+1 hahahah

Secondary submitted! Here's to hoping we all hear some good news mid-September!!

Silence is so unfortunate...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey all, this was asked earlier but never really answered. Does anyone know if Meharry accepts Updates and if so, how we get those to them?

Do they Screen even? but same here, less than 500 and secondary rc'd
yes they do, I got l super low last year like 487 and did not get a secondary, so they definitely screen.