2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
- It is the middle of May.
- MAPS class Starts June 22 2018
- still on wait list.
- No one from admissions can be reached via phone or email.

I am very close to committing to a DO acceptance. :yeahright: The time frame to pack up everything, and find a place to live in Nashville is beginning to look grim.

Reactions: 3 users
- still on wait list.

I am very close to committing to a DO acceptance. :yeahright: The time frame to pack up everything, and find a place to live in Nashville is beginning to look grim.
Yea....i spoke with a recent grad that got accepted in june....

- still on wait list.

Same boat as you, I’ve 100% committed to a DO School and now Meharry does this but I’m probably gonna ask them to remove me from consideration. I’m ready to start medical school and be done.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys- just putting it out there that I will be giving up my seat here! I really hope the waitlist starts moving for you guys. Best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
I got my rejection email Wednesday, and then I got the consideration for the MHS program email Thursday. Didn’t say I had to apply or anything

Did they send an email for you to apply or did they say you were in?

Reactions: 1 user
I got my rejection email Wednesday, and then I got the consideration for the MHS program email Thursday. Didn’t say I had to apply or anything
I received the same thing, however I have been accepted into another MD program so I will be declining. Things have been so different at Meharry this year it seems... I thought you had to get an interview to be considered for the MHS program.

Reactions: 1 users
I was wondering if anyone knows that if students can still take an acceptance from another school after starting MAPS? I a still waiting on a decision from another school.

I was wondering if anyone knows that if students can still take an acceptance from another school after starting MAPS? I a still waiting on a decision from another school.
I doubt it counts as orientation into an osteopathic or allopathic medical school, so probably yes. It’s happened before in other programs, esp with programs that begin in the summer

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get an interview but I received the email that said I was being considered for the MHS program too.

Withdrew my acceptance a couple days ago. It really hurt to do so, hopefully my spot goes to one of you. :)

Reactions: 2 users
any updates on the waitlist movement?

Got accepted.
Now I got to come to terms with the 3000 I just threw away at a DO school.

Reactions: 5 users
Not so sure on that. I am actually thinking about turning it down.
I really liked the DO school I got into. Plus they have $3000 of my cash already.

Also, the admission department at Meharry has not impressed me.

Gonna have to do some hard comparisons of the two.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if the waitlist is still moving?

And is anyone still on the waitlist from February??

Got into the Masters Program just now.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone still not received a rejection, invitation...nothing!?!?! Was my app so terrible that I’m not even worthy of being notified of a rejection?? Lol I need closure. Lol

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone still not received a rejection, invitation...nothing!?!?! Was my app so terrible that I’m not even worthy of being notified of a rejection?? Lol I need closure. Lol
Me!!! I don't think my app was that terrible though because I got an II last cycle lol. I'm sure yours wasn't either

Hey y'all, so I just got accepted yesterday and now I'm trying to figure out a living situation ASAP. If anyone has any advice about housing, roommates etc please let me know!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey y'all, so I just got accepted yesterday and now I'm trying to figure out a living situation ASAP. If anyone has any advice about housing, roommates etc please let me know!

Also curious about that. And of course it's impossible to reach anyone from admissions to get that infomation.

my deposit at a DO school, but now that i'm going MD I basically just lost all of it.
the $3000 was nonrefundable.
That’s craziness. I’d contact the AACOM to see if that’s even legal. I know the AAMC has a regulation that MD schools can’t charge more than $100 for their deposit

Meharry's is $300
And yep, $3000 and non refundable.
Wtf these schools are getting away with murder smh. If I were in your predicament, I’d bring that DO school to court. I hope you choose Meharry in the end. $300 is wicked, but $3K is just a scam

Anyone hear anything else about MHS recently? I was rejected from the only other SMP considering me so maybe Meharry will see something in me.

I'm so very depressed right now.

Anyone hear anything else about MHS recently? I was rejected from the only other SMP considering me so maybe Meharry will see something in me.

I'm so very depressed right now.
Don’t be depressed! Know that you did your best and you are so qualified just like others! The selection process is very unfair.

I got accepted last week and I have not received any additional information from the school. No student email, no financial aid, no housing plans, no thank you for your payment email. Nothing.

I got accepted last week and I have not received any additional information from the school. No student email, no financial aid, no housing plans, no thank you for your payment email. Nothing.

I got accepted in April. The wait continues lol. I heard last year they got info around June. Ive sent my fafsa and transcripts in for now. Looking for housing offcampus while I wait.

I'm waiting on MHS and, I'm wondering, should I call? I got the MHS email about two weeks ago but some circumstances now require that I know what I'm doing fairly soon.

Who should I call? Would this be unprofessional?

I know it's good to show continued interest but how does one do this in this specific scenario?

Last edited:
This thread seems pretty stagnant... has anyone heard anything recently?

I'm waiting on MHS and, I'm wondering, should I call? I got the MHS email about two weeks ago but some circumstances now require that I know what I'm doing fairly soon.

Who should I call? Would this be unprofessional?

I know it's good to show continued interest but how does one do this in this specific scenario?
When did the email say they'll let you know?