2017-2018 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nah I just copied a picture on the document and emailed it back to them. I also got a confirmation email today from admissions stating that my app is completed and they received my secondary.

I actually just read at the bottom of the form that you can email it in. I was rushing earlier & apparently missed it. This is why reading is fundamental o_O

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone mark "Undecided" as the type of medical career they wish to devote the majority of their career in the secondary? Or is best to choose the type of specialty you feel strongly for though you have other medical interests as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the complete email earlier today

Do you mind saying what day you submitted your secondary app? I just submitted everything this afternoon and wanted to know a rough estimate of when I can expect a complete email.

Do you mind saying what day you submitted your secondary app? I just submitted everything this afternoon and wanted to know a rough estimate of when I can expect a complete email.
Got the complete email two days after I submitted if this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Got the complete email two days after I submitted if this helps!
It does, thanks!

Keeping up with all these secondaries and when they are officially complete is somewhat exhausting haha

nah I just copied a picture on the document and emailed it back to them. I also got a confirmation email today from admissions stating that my app is completed and they received my secondary.

How...? Didn't it state in the PDF they're not sending complete emails and it's the job of the applicant to find that out?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I submitted my secondary day one and haven't gotten a complete email...what's up with that? I submitted my secondary around 9pm.

I submitted my secondary day one and haven't gotten a complete email...what's up with that? I submitted my secondary around 9pm.

Did you send your picture form in?

I sent in my secondary application, but forgot to submit my picture form and I didn't get my complete email until I they day after I sent my picture form.

Did you send your picture form in?

I sent in my secondary application, but forgot to submit my picture form and I didn't get my complete email until I they day after I sent my picture form.

Yeah. I literally taped my picture to the form, scanned and emailed in my picture form right after I submitted my secondary....maybe I'll send it again.

Does anyone else's secondary on applyweb for this school show up as: "Morehouse School of Medicine _Parent" ...?

Yes. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about

Okay, and did you guys who got a complete e-mail just simply scan/e-mail the picture form to Morehouse? I think I'm going to have to submit mine again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, and did you guys who got a complete e-mail just simply scan/e-mail the picture form to Morehouse? I think I'm going to have to submit mine again.

I emailed the pic form but from what it seems like the pic form is optional. It is not needed to be complete for the past two cycles now. I simply waited for the complete email and got it two days after submitting

Has the school already received all of your LORs? If not, that may be a reason why you haven't received a "complete" notification.

Has the school already received all of your LORs? If not, that may be a reason why you haven't received a "complete" notification.

My LOR packet is on AMCAS so maybe it just hasn't transferred over to them yet.

My LOR packet is on AMCAS so maybe it just hasn't transferred over to them yet.

Yeah, give it a day or two and you should be fine.
Sometimes it takes a few days for your LORs on AMCAS to be sent to the schools.

Hey guys. I am kind of scared as to whether I have a chance of getting into Morehouse school of medicine so I was wondering if you guys can give me some opinion. Here are my stats:

3.37 science gpa
3.34 cumulative gpa
MCAT: Gonna take it in August
2000 hours of volunteering at a clinic ( shadowing 3 doctors)
30 hours of volunteering in two hospitals
CVS Pharmacy technician

Do I have a chance at Morehouse School of Medicine? What MCAT score should I be aiming for? Your input will be greatly appreciated.
Honestly, I'm not one to tell people they don't have a shot because sometimes it's not all about the numbers. Sometimes people with the most competitive stats get declined admission. So granted your PS, MCAT (~500+), and LORs are solid, I believe you have a strong shot. Do limit yourself. Take a chance and pray for the best.

Does anyone know if Morehouse historically sends secondaries out in waves? I haven't gotten any confirmation that they even received my primary.

Does anyone know if Morehouse historically sends secondaries out in waves? I haven't gotten any confirmation that they even received my primary.

Same. :( We just have to be patient.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone receive complete email today? Submitted secondary first date, but haven't received the complete email yet (only the complete email for secondary).

Did anyone receive complete email today? Submitted secondary first date, but haven't received the complete email yet (only the complete email for secondary).

I submitted my secondary and picture form day one and have yet to receive a complete email.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my secondary and picture form day one and have yet to receive a complete email.

Give it a couple more days and then just call to follow-up. More importantly, like some have already mentioned, be patient.

Last edited:
Give it a couple more days and then just call to follow-up. More importantly, like some have already mentioned, be patient.

Yeah I am, I was just answering that persons question to also mention I haven't received a complete email yet, like them.

Just got the email saying my application is complete, I submitted on the 21st

Yup, just got confirmation email that my app is completed.

I got my competed email today, but my letters aren't in yet. Im not sure if thats good or bad.

For those who were verified on/after July 14th received secondary app yet? I don't even know if MSM received my primary app.

For those who were verified on/after July 14th received secondary app yet? I don't even know if MSM received my primary app.
MSM will email you once they receive your primary. 3 weeks after my amcas has been verified that's when they emailed me about receiving it.

I would take my advice with a grain of salt however because I got thsi info by reading previous years thread because I really wanted to do ED at this school

Well I dont think taking it with a grain of salt would have been a good idea because it actually happened. I was deferred to the regular decision pool and on the next day received a "complete email". Smh..

Well I dont think taking it with a grain of salt would have been a good idea because it actually happened. I was deferred to the regular decision pool and on the next day received a "complete email". Smh..

I'm so sorry man. Morehouse really needs to be more transparent in their ED process. That's messed up.

I completed my secondary on the 22nd and have not received a complete email yet. Should I call or wait a few more days?

What do you all think their screen entails?
I thought I didn't received a secondary bc I was on a cruise when I got it. Just searched my inbox and found it smh

What do you all think their screen entails?
I thought I didn't received a secondary bc I was on a cruise when I got it. Just searched my inbox and found it smh
Probably min GPA and MCAT screens, someone more experienced could probably give you a more thorough response. I doubt they would screen any harder but who knows.

Finally got an email from Morehouse saying they got my primary app :confused:

Reactions: 1 users
Finally got an email from Morehouse saying they got my primary app :confused:

Yay! I just got off the phone with them, and they apparently had sent my primary verification and secondary on the 18th ... :/ Glad I decided to do so, because I would have never known! Now I'm praying that my email doesn't continue to play games, lol.

Yay! I just got off the phone with them, and they apparently had sent my primary verification and secondary on the 18th ... :/ Glad I decided to do so, because I would have never known! Now I'm praying that my email doesn't continue to play games, lol.
oh dang. SO you still havent gotten the secondary email.?

oh dang. SO you still havent gotten the secondary email.?

I have, but I had them send it to a different email address so that I could actually access it. Now I'm hella paranoid that other schools may have sent me things, and I just don't know it.

I have, but I had them send it to a different email address so that I could actually access it. Now I'm hella paranoid that other schools may have sent me things, and I just don't know it.
I can imagine! that is extremely weird. I would say call all schools?

I can imagine! that is extremely weird. I would say call all schools?

Yeah! I called the few that I haven't heard from, and either they haven't sent out secondaries yet or I'm still under review. Thanks :)

Finally got the secondary! :love:

Reactions: 3 users