General Admissions & OTCAS 2017-2018 MOT Texas applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I found them! thank you :bow:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I found out a few days ago that I was accepted off the waitlist for Tech, however I got accepted to TWU Denton as well a few months ago and will be going there instead. Best of luck to everyone!
Hi there! I have an upcmoming interview at TWU this week and saw that you were previously accepted. Would you mind sharing anything about the interview? Were the questions hard or basic? Were they in a group setting? Same with the writing prompt? Hope you’re enjoying it!

Yes you would be able to fly out that same night. Last year it lasted 3 hoursish. It may be cheaper for you to Uber from the airport to the school if you are just flying in for the day...I would look into it. Idk if you are from a city, but traffic in the med center was a little hectic. I seriously stayed at the hotel across the street and walked to my interview, but I’m from a small town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there! I have an interview this upcoming week at TWU and I have read that part of it is sort of like speed dating... do you recall if they ask you these questions in front of the other individuals being interviewed? Or is everyone being questioned at the same time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone was being questioned at the same time. It was 2 interviewers and 2 faculty at a table and like 6 or so tables, but you couldn’t really hear what anyone else was saying because it’s so fast paced.

Hi!

Were there any weird questions? Or just general questions like why ot and why TWU?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Everyone was being questioned at the same time. It was 2 interviewers and 2 faculty at a table and like 6 or so tables, but you couldn’t really hear what anyone else was saying because it’s so fast paced.

Thanks so much!

Reactions: 1 user

How much time do you have to answer each question to know how much to elaborate or is it just one question after another on an ongoing basis?

Will we have time to ask faculty questions, or is it just strictly them asking us questions?

If you’re asking about TWU I would use your interview time to answer their questions, you only have 2 minutes and it goes by quickly. So unless it pertains to something they ask you, I’d save it for the Q&A session at the end of the day when we all meet back in the main room. (If they still do this process how they did it last year, I’m sure it hasn’t changed but I’m not positive)

Yeah sorry! I should have said where. I'm interviewing @ TWU-Houston. Thanks!

Hello,
My best advice is to be yourself and answer their topic questions as concise as you can. They really time you within the 2-minute mark when it comes to the speed questions. The exact questions that we had last year for the speed interview were the following:
1. What inspired you to pursue OT?
2. Have you ever been in a conflict? How did you resolve it?
3. What made you decide to pick TWU?
4. What is being unprofessional to you? Like give some example and kind of explain how so
5. What did you learn at volunteering?
6. Have you ever had to adapt to something?
7. How do you deal with stress?
The way I answered mine were giving real life situations that I had dealt with and how I was able to overcome it. TWU has a platform of occupational adaptation and that is how they want you to learn. By dealing with professionals such as your professors and becoming a professional individual yourself in any kind of stressful situation.

We also had a short essay that was written in a computer lab and the question that I had was: What is important to you gratitude vs. appreciation? Something that sounds like that... I can't clearly remember. So you have to choose which word is more important and explain why. If you have extra time feel free to ask your questions to them as well to show your confidence and social skills.

I am not sure if you guys will have the same exact questions this year. Hopefully these questions from last year will help you practice a little bit and be more prepared. Good luck to you and I hope that you will have a great interview experience just like I did :)

Reactions: 1 users
How do you find out where you stand on wait list for Texas Tech or TWU?? Like is there only 50 on the list and am I number 5 or 50????? Just curious this waiting is killing me!!

How do you find out where you stand on wait list for Texas Tech or TWU?? Like is there only 50 on the list and am I number 5 or 50????? Just curious this waiting is killing me!!

I believe TWU was the university that said there is no order of the waitlist. Every time they need to get someone from the waitlist they do the same process all over again to see who they will pick.

I believe TWU was the university that said there is no order of the waitlist. Every time they need to get someone from the waitlist they do the same process all over again to see who they will pick.

I assume each university does it their own way. Maybe some do have a list, but I haven’t heard one say that from the ones I went to.