2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II for NY yesterday!!! Interview in 2 weeks! Can anyone who interviewed in NY give me info on how to prepare and what questions they asked? This school is my top choice :)
Use the official sdn page, all of my questions came from that list. Also know that your interview could range from a conversation to just answering the listed questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Use the official sdn page, all of my questions came from that list. Also know that your interview could range from a conversation to just answering the listed questions.

Could you direct me to that page?

I called this morning. The dates they had available were November 14th, 15th, 28th, 29th, and December 1st.
Thank you! Knowing the dates will help me figure out when I can take off work. Maybe I'll see one of you there

Members don't see this ad :)
Realizing each day after my interview how much I fell in love with this school. Might have become my top choice, and I'm talking about jonesborro . I loved the area so much.
what kind of questions did they ask you if you don't mind me asking? I have my interview tomorrow.

I have an interview from the Jonesboro campus, but do you think I can call them to ask them for the New York campus?

My apologies...This has probably been asked, but is NYIT COM pass/fail? Thanks

yes I believe so, unranked too. You can get honors if you are are top 10%
Definitely not unranked. At my interview the dean explicitly said they do rank but not to worry about it because even the bottom ranked student still becomes a doctor

I was told there was a ranking system as well during my interview. Don’t remember if they told us if they tell us our rank or not thou.

I was told that there is an honors designation for the top 10%, but other than that there is no ranking. Also, the grading is pass/fail. This was at the Jonesboro campus though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Because lectures, exams, and everything else run simultaneously between both campuses, we are all together in terms of ranking (if we do it, honestly do not remember but I believe we do, it would help with the designation line for Honors if at least done in a rudimentary form) and Honors designations. Therefore the standards will match for both campuses.

We do have the pretty standard Fail/Pass/Honors system set at 70% for P/F and top 10% being awarded Honors.

October interview decisions when? :bigtears:

Reactions: 4 users
Hoping a nyitcom acceptance comes before my touro deposit is due ugh

Complete on 8/10 and still nothing but these "application update" emails. Also interviewed here last cycle and was waitlisted. I hope they re-invite me :(

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Paypal email confirmation? I submitted my payment yesterday but still haven't gotten the email.

Does the fact that this school does pass/fail affect the quality of residency that we can get? Is it beneficial, harmful, or just neutral when talking about residencies?

II for NY yesterday!!! Interview in 2 weeks! Can anyone who interviewed in NY give me info on how to prepare and what questions they asked? This school is my top choice :)

I just had my interview at Old Westbury yesterday. I practiced using the SDN questions (link:New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine). I think 7/8 the questions I was asked were from that page!

The interview was very laid back. I had a super nice old woman who interviewed me. I think my interview was 15-20 minutes. I actually wished the interview was longer because I didn't get to talk that much about myself lol

Reactions: 2 users
I just had my interview at Old Westbury yesterday. I practiced using the SDN questions (link:New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine). I think 7/8 the questions I was asked were from that page!

The interview was very laid back. I had a super nice old woman who interviewed me. I think my interview was 15-20 minutes. I actually wished the interview was longer because I didn't get to talk that much about myself lol

Congrats on your interview! I'm interviewing there next week...Were you asked questions about what you wrote in your application?

Congrats on your interview! I'm interviewing there next week...Were you asked questions about what you wrote in your application?

Thank you!! I wasn't actually asked a single question on what I wrote in my application. No questions on my primary, secondary or any past activities. I only mentioned some of my activities to back up my answers.

Alright decision made. I’ll see you guys in jonesboro!

Reactions: 3 users
Can someone link the interview question list? Been searching for a while, still having trouble finding it.

Well.. I hope October decisions start to be sent soon... HOPEFULLY

Reactions: 2 users
complete email on 10/31.
How long do you guys usually wait before the II after the completion email?

complete email on 10/31.
I never got a complete email, the only thing my app was waiting on was my committee letter which was sent on 9/8 I got an II on 9/25

complete email on 10/31.

It took about a week and a half after being complete. I was surprised!

I don't remember getting a complete email, so I ended up emailing to confirm. They responded really quickly and were super nice about it. :) Wouldn't hurt to reach out if you're concerned.

Last edited:
It took about a week and a half after being complete. I was surprised!

I don't remember getting a complete email, so I ended up emailing to confirm. They responded really quickly and super nice about it. :)
Well, I guess its not a complete email. It is a Supplemental Application Acknowledgement.

I interviewed on September 29th and haven't heard anything back. Should I assume the worst?

In a previous post someone said about 4%-5% of the overall applicant pool (I believe)

Hello, I don't know if I am reading this correctly. But do you mean of all the people that interviewed only 4-5% get accepted? Or only 4-5% of the applicant pool are accepted? I have my interview next week - Nov 17th, a little bummed if the first one is the case!

Hello, I don't know if I am reading this correctly. But do you mean of all the people that interviewed only 4-5% get accepted? Or only 4-5% of the applicant pool are accepted? I have my interview next week - Nov 17th, a little bummed if the first one is the case!
It's most likely the applicant pool, not those interviewed that would be absurd

I've been wondering the same thing...How many people get interviewed versus how many get accepted?

Application complete in September. II for Jonesboro on 11/2. Interview scheduled for 12/1.

Based on what I read it's from the total number of applicants (not interviewees). The class is about 260 (cannot find the exact number) and there is a portion for the International Medical Graduates. I'm not sure how many people they interview but I'm guessing its about 1000. And I think the post-interview acceptance rate is 50% (again an estimate). I'm not 100% certain on the numbers above other than the 4-5% acceptance rate from the whole applicant pool.

My point being! Congratulations on the interview; we made it to this part of the process and that is an amazing accomplishment in itself. Prep for it and go kill it! And just remember getting an interview is 3/4 of the way!!

Last edited:
Accepted just now to Jonesboro! Interviewed Oct. 20th.

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted to Jonesboro. Interview was 10/20

Reactions: 9 users
Interviewed in Jonesboro on 11/3, was very pleasantly surprised by faculty and current students. The tech usage seems really slick on the campus, and having all the ASTATE amenities is nice. I mean, there's a starbucks Right. There.

I'm looking for an area to relocate to, and the cost of living in AR is attractive, and there is a definite need for physicians so it just might be a good fit. Hoping for acceptance.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed in Jonesboro October 20 - Just accepted!

Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed in Jonesboro on 11/3, was very pleasantly surprised by faculty and current students. The tech usage seems really slick on the campus, and having all the ASTATE amenities is nice. I mean, there's a starbucks Right. There.

I'm looking for an area to relocate to, and the cost of living in AR is attractive, and there is a definite need for physicians so it just might be a good fit. Hoping for acceptance.

The amount of money that Starbucks is making off of my study group alone is ridiculous. I may need to buy stock.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing here On November 15!! Any tips ?! Thanks !!!!!!! :)

Accepted to Jonesboro. Interview was 10/20

Aweeeeesome! Congrats!

I'm interviewing dec. 1. Do you have any tips on interview preparation? What kind of questions did they ask you?

Received an email 7 days ago saying: I am happy to inform you that your AACOMAS application is still under review and consideration. Received confirmation of my secondary on September 29...does anyone know what this means?