2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone got accepted to this school? my friend interviewed a month and a half ago and so did my brother.. curious as to see how long it takes this school to make decisions
accepted on 11/17, interviewed 10/3, they like to take their time

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I called to reschedule my interview, I was told that the only day they're interviewing in December is December 1st. The rest of the month they'll be making admissions decisions. So, I'm guessing they'll hear back before January. Hope it's good news :)
That’s good news! I’m on like week 9 since I’ve interviewed now lol

Reactions: 1 user
Week 10 here - I figured they just passed me by...will hold out hope I guess for a few more weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone been complete since July and still haven't heard anything besides the email a few weeks ago saying you are still under consideration?

Reactions: 6 users
Is NYIT super strict on their 2 science 1 non-science letters of rec requirement? I have the other recommended additional letters submitted, but will they not even consider me if I didn't submit the one non-science letter?

Is NYIT super strict on their 2 science 1 non-science letters of rec requirement? I have the other recommended additional letters submitted, but will they not even consider me if I didn't submit the one non-science letter?
I got an II without the non science letter

Anyone from early-/mid-November interviews hear anything yet?

Anyone from early-/mid-November interviews hear anything yet?

I had mine in late October interview and still haven’t heard back. This is week 7 for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Yikes!! Well I hope you both hear really soon (and hopefully before the new year for all of us :))

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping decisions for post-Sept OW interviews come out soon! I'm going on 9 weeks now.

waiting for some good news post II like. SHOW ME YOUR LOVE NYIT-A, PLEASE! I WANT TO LOVE YOU BACK :love:

upload_2017-12-7_21-11-40.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
How long does it take to hear back from this school post-secondary?

I was complete early November and am wondering what to expect.

It took about a month for my interview and 3 weeks for an acceptance. Usually it's 2 weeks but they took off for thanksgiving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

How long does it take to hear back from this school post-secondary?

I was complete early November and am wondering what to expect.
I submitted my secondary last week in August, II for Dec 1 on Nov 15th. But it varies

Hey guys, im a first year at OW campus. I know the admissions process is grueling but just wanted to put my experience of last year's cycle. This school is a bit different when it comes to admissions. If you get an interview from here, they are GENUINELY interested in you, so congrats if you get an interview and make sure you rock the interview.

If you feel like you're losing hope, don't, because you never know what will happen. I received my interview in the last week of March and I remember it being one of the last slots before the end of NYCOM's interview season. The waitlist email came in the second week of April. I was expecting the waitlist email since i interviewed so late in the cycle BUT, (1) I was happy that they did not reject me and (2) was happy I got the email within 3 weeks and wasn't a forgotten soul at the bottom of some stack of files. I later got accepted in the second week of May.

Moral: Your brain automatically thinks that you are less of an applicant when you havent received an interview or get waitlisted. You as a potential medical student cannot think like that - its demoralizing, and very VERY unhealthy. Always look at the positives of a decision. And yes, I know that rejection is not a positive (i got rejected from DO/MD schools during the last cycle) but I used those rejections as a sign to make myself a better applicant. If you truly want to be a medical professional, rejection should never mean you are not fit to be a doctor; it should be a sign to look into how you can become a stronger applicant.

Just throwing my 2c out there. Good luck guys! =)

Reactions: 14 users
Thank you for your post. What were you stats if you do not mine sharing with us?

Interviewed at OW on 10/6 and nothing but silence. Think they forgot about me? LM 71. Or maybe I have some egregious LOR.

I’m praying that we all hear good news this coming week :clap:

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed at OW on 10/6 and nothing but silence. Think they forgot about me? LM 71. Or maybe I have some egregious LOR.
I interviewed 10/20 and never heard back. A friend of mine interviewed the same day and was accepted exactly two weeks later. Do they tell you if you're waitlisted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

good luck to all waiting to hear back.

Do any admitted students know if we have to send in our official ug transcripts? or is aacomas enough?

good luck to all waiting to hear back.

Do any admitted students know if we have to send in our official ug transcripts? or is aacomas enough?
aacomas can be used until 4/1/2018, after that is must be sent to the school

Has anyone been waitlisted or rejected?

Last edited:
Guys I need some advice- trying to pick between here and NYIT COM and honestly have no idea what to do. Anyone have any tips or is there a distinction between the two???

Guys I need some advice- trying to pick between here and NYIT COM and honestly have no idea what to do. Anyone have any tips or is there a distinction between the two???

Do you mean the Old Westbury NYITCOM campus vs Jonesboro NYITCOM campus?

Old westbury!!

OW is great in that it's approximately 20 min away from the city, so great clinical and research opportunities. It also has some great neuro research done right at its research center.

Jonesboro was recently created to serve the population of Arkansas. At my interview, they mentioned the highly value physicians who would be willing to stay and practice in the area in the future.

Both are great in their own ways, but just be willing to justify why you're applying to in your secondary and in person!

so if accepted before 4/1 no need to do anything?
well in my case, im still in undergrad so i have to send them my full completed transcript after my spring semester is over. If you're done with undergrad then i dont think they need another transcript if its unchanged

Anyone interview on 10/6 (or earlier) and still not hear anything?

II!!! At the Jonesboro campus by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone interview on 10/6 (or earlier) and still not hear anything?

Interviewed the same week and nothing here. I called and they mentioned that committee will be meeting this month and sending out decisions before Christmas. Hope they stick to that schedule!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed at A-State on 10/20. Thought the interview went really well and starting to think I will not be accepted this late after the interview.

Just got the interview invite for Old Westbury yesterday morning! I totally thought they forgot about me because I was complete on 9/14

I'm not sure if both campuses work the same (I interviewed at Jonesboro), but if you interview and aren't accepted after the next adcom meeting are you considered at every following adcom meeting or is it like a waitlist?