2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So silence post interview = rejection. Can anyone confirm this for OW?

Members don't see this ad.

So silence post interview = rejection. Can anyone confirm this for OW?
I never heard this to be true? I believe that is speculation, seems like they are just super slow in some instances to get back to individuals.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed at Jonesboro in December. Admissions said we should know before their Christmas Break. Their last day is Dec. 15. Hopefully, many of us hear back by then!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a facebook group for OW accepted students?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if NYIT-COM is responsive to ITA emails? (Old Westbury, NY campus)

Interviewed here this month and was so impressed. I absolutely loved it. I’m hoping to hear back before Christmas, but I’m expecting it won’t be till early January. Seems like everyone’s hearing back in 2-3 weeks. Anyone who’s interviewed and heard back have any insight?

I interviewed at OW and I'm on week 5 of waiting, so I think there's a lot of variability as to when interviewees are hearing back! Someone mentioned earlier that the only interview date the school scheduled in December was 12/1, and the admissions committee was planning on making decisions for the rest of the month! I'm expecting that there'll be a big blast coming soon. Fingers crossed we're on the acceptance side :)

There is a place on the NYIT website where you can check your online application status... but I don't know if they actually update the system. When I log-in it says "Sorry, your status is not ready." Has anyone else tried this?

There is a place on the NYIT website where you can check your online application status... but I don't know if they actually update the system. When I log-in it says "Sorry, your status is not ready." Has anyone else tried this?
i have not tried this! do you mind posting the link for the application status check?

You are unfortunately not allowed to post links on here. However, I just realized that in the fine print it says that for Fall 2018 applicants it would send you an email update and that the system would not be able to tell you. SO SORRY! It did recognize all my information that I put in when I signed up so I just assumed it would work! Really sorry if I gave false hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when people who interviewed around 10/10 should hear back?

Does anyone know when people who interviewed around 10/10 should hear back?

This is wild. You interviewed on 10/10 at OW and haven’t heard back yet?!! I interviewed on 11/14 I have deposits due at other schools smh

This is wild. You interviewed on 10/10 at OW and haven’t heard back yet?!! I interviewed on 11/14 I have deposits due at other schools smh
Yeah I haven't heard! are we supposed to receive the decision via a call or an email?

Bruhhh.... A state please accept me so I can live this winter break!!

Reactions: 5 users
With some backtracking looks like 9/15 and 10/10.
I called a few days ago. They said I was still being reviewed for decision. Interviewed Nov 17. They said they would take longer than usual to make decision. I guess that meansJanuary

Low key tho, NYIT is the biggest troll out here lol. From the “ Admissions invite- Pre SOMA” ( mind you the pre soma was barely visible in the subject on my iPhone) to giving everyone anxiety on hearing back. But we love ya and stay in the game regardless :laugh:

Yeah I wish they never told us at the A state interview that they will try to be done by break. All I am doing is refreshing my email page every three minutes after a nice prayer hahaha. Lets hope we all get in lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I wish they never told us at the A state interview that they will try to be done by break. All I am doing is refreshing my email page every three minutes after a nice prayer hahaha. Lets hope we all get in lol.
Same bro haha

well some people got acceptances today, last year. if my neuroticism is accurate then we should be hearing something today, but my gut feeling is we will probably hear something tomorrow and whoever doesn't hear something tomorrow will have to wait till the first week of January.
Yup! I agree, you either hear today or Tom. If not it's off to January

Complete late July or early August and not a word other than the advertisement-like emails!

Looking like another day of no news for OW...TOMORROW PLEASE!!

Looking like another day of no news for OW...TOMORROW PLEASE!!
This was arkansas nyit last year. Interview November and acceptance January

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171214-163426.jpg
    Screenshot_20171214-163426.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 118
lmao I'm approaching 9.5 weeks of silence post interview. Next week might be the day decisions start rollin' in to our inboxes. Fingers crossed.

Yeah I haven't heard! are we supposed to receive the decision via a call or an email?

Definitely email. You’d think they are hand writing each acceptance, with them taking this long... lol

I interviewed on 10/6 and haven't heard anything. They seem to take a ridiculously long time.
I called them about three weeks ago and they said to hang on tight for just a couple more weeks. They said they have more applications this year than they have ever had before.

accepted!!!! interviewed 11/10 at Old Westbury (Definitely the best Channukah present that I could have gotten this year)

Last edited:
Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
accepted!!!! interviewed 11/10 at Old Westbury

Congratulations :D !!! I interviewed the same day and haven't heard anything... read your post and now I'm uncontrollably shaking with nervousness hahaha.

Accepted OW interviewed on 11/17

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted OW!!!! Interviewed at OW on 11/3!!!

Reactions: 3 users