2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for letting me know! Hmm mine doesn't say that my supplemental application is now complete. I only got the following message from PayPal: "You sent a payment of $80.00 USD to New York Institute of Technology." Should I call them tomorrow?
I would call them Friday if you don't get it by then. When I submitted my secondary I didn't receive that confirmation email until the next day.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would call them Friday if you don't get it by then. When I submitted my secondary I didn't receive that confirmation email until the next day.
Good to know! Thank you!!

I'm super confused ): I thought NYITCOM secondaries were built into the primary app this year. Why are some people saying "secondary received" ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm super confused ): I thought NYITCOM secondaries were built into the primary app this year. Why are some people saying "secondary received" ?
It's not built in, it's a separate application. They should email you with an invite to complete it a bit after you submit your primary.

Thank you for letting me know! Hmm mine doesn't say that my supplemental application is now complete. I only got the following message from PayPal: "You sent a payment of $80.00 USD to New York Institute of Technology." Should I call them tomorrow?

It wouldn't hurt to.

Hey All, did anyone have an issue with the fee waiver code? I received this message "Invalid NYITCOM Fee Waiver Code." I literally received the code two days ago and will be 11 days post-primary AACOMAS submission if I wait until Monday. Any advice or issues and if yes, did you find a way to resolve this? My supplemental app is ready, but I don't want to spend $80 when I qualify for the fee.

Thanks all!

Hey All, did anyone have an issue with the fee waiver code? I received this message "Invalid NYITCOM Fee Waiver Code." I literally received the code two days ago and will be 11 days post-primary AACOMAS submission if I wait until Monday. Any advice or issues and if yes, did you find a way to resolve this? My supplemental app is ready, but I don't want to spend $80 when I qualify for the fee.

Thanks all!
Hello All!

Just figured out the issue. For some reason the code only works on Google chrome and does not work on Safari browser. I am using my friend's computer and re-logged into Chrome with the same code and it immediately submitted with no issues.

All the best to everyone!

It's not built in, it's a separate application. They should email you with an invite to complete it a bit after you submit your primary.

I'm also extremely confused. I thought it was built into the primary? There was a "questions" tab under program materials, and then you just clicked a link to access the supplemental app.

After completing this, I received 3 emails: one from PayPal, one saying that I completed the supplementary application, and one for submitting the AACOMAS (I got this one last for some reason lol?).

Is the supplemental the same thing as the secondary? Or are there two this year? I only applied to Jonesboro if that makes a difference.

I'm beyond confused right now lol

I'm also extremely confused. I thought it was built into the primary? There was a "questions" tab under program materials, and then you just clicked a link to access the supplemental app.

After completing this, I received 3 emails: one from PayPal, one saying that I completed the supplementary application, and one for submitting the AACOMAS (I got this one last for some reason lol?).

Is the supplemental the same thing as the secondary? Or are there two this year? I only applied to Jonesboro if that makes a difference.

I'm beyond confused right now lol
I got an email invite to complete a secondary, and that's when I paid the fee. I applied to the NY campus.

Hello All!

Just figured out the issue. For some reason the code only works on Google chrome and does not work on Safari browser. I am using my friend's computer and re-logged into Chrome with the same code and it immediately submitted with no issues.

All the best to everyone!
WHAT THE HECK! OMG I JUST PAID THE FEE CUZ SAFARI DID NOT TAKE MY FEE WAIVER. I didn't wanna take any chances, I will call them tomorrow. Thanks sorry for the caps

Just submitted my secondary ( I have to call them tho because of the waiver thing not working on safari, hopefully I get a refund on the $80). I did not get the secondary completed email. I'll wait a few days, then call!

Did anyone here designate both campuses and then detail their preference for one over the other? I'm in the situation where I prefer the Old Westbury, NY campus but don't want to limit myself.

Did anyone here designate both campuses and then detail their preference for one over the other? I'm in the situation where I prefer the Old Westbury, NY campus but don't want to limit myself.

Yeah did the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Clever! I designated only one. The way i understood the question was : pick a campus, and in the prompt, tell us why you chose that. The way I looked at it picking both campuses would come up as not really being sure in which community I would like to practice being that there are differences between the two. I'm sure we're both fine.

Clever! I designated only one. The way i understood the question was : pick a campus, and in the prompt, tell us why you chose that. The way I looked at it picking both campuses would come up as not really being sure in which community I would like to practice being that there are differences between the two. I'm sure we're both fine.

I'm a reapplicant in Arkansas and the way it was explained to me was basically that indicating interest in both wouldn't hurt you at all, but indicating interest in only one location is seen as the student indicating that they aren't interested in the other campus at all. They do reserve the right to still review your file for either location as stated on the supplemental.

Did we ever figure out the solution to this? I payed for my secondary application last week and got the confirmation email from paypal, but I just logged back into the secondary portal and I can still edit my essays which means I'm guessing it didn't actually submit ... any thoughts?

I'm a reapplicant in Arkansas and the way it was explained to me was basically that indicating interest in both wouldn't hurt you at all, but indicating interest in only one location is seen as the student indicating that they aren't interested in the other campus at all. They do reserve the right to still review your file for either location as stated on the supplemental.

Thank you!

Did we ever figure out the solution to this? I payed for my secondary application last week and got the confirmation email from paypal, but I just logged back into the secondary portal and I can still edit my essays which means I'm guessing it didn't actually submit ... any thoughts?
From what I understand, there is no way to check the status of your app online-- they don't appear to have a portal or anything like that. I've heard that the PayPal confirmation means you're good to go and your secondary is submitted.

From what I understand, there is no way to check the status of your app online-- they don't appear to have a portal or anything like that. I've heard that the PayPal confirmation means you're good to go and your secondary is submitted.
Yes i called them and they said the paypal thing is confirmation that you submitted. They did however tell me that once they start reviewing, you can check the status of your app. Not sure how tho.

Update: Today i got the email that my supplemental application is now complete. awaiting for the committee letter.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Still finalizing my work and experiences section for the primary. I was wondering if I should add a job that I am starting in about 1-2 weeks. I know the section requires the total amount of hours and weekly hours but can I say what the projected hours will be by the time my application is verified and being reviewed or after I am no longer working there?

Looks like I won't be applying here as well. This school along with PCOM requires, "Letters from 2 science and 1 non-science faculty who have taught you." Since you're all applying I assume you all have the required letters? I have two science letters, and I don't think I can get a nonscience letter since I've been out of school for more than two years.

I see where NYITCOM requires the 1 non-science, but where are you getting the information about PCOM? On PCOM's website I see, "Three faculty letters of recommendation: Two of those three letters must be from SCIENCE professors (undergraduate, post-baccalaureate or graduate programs). The remaining required letter can come from any other faculty member." But it does not specifically state that it HAS to be from a non-science like NYITCOM. Just making sure I'm not missing something!

I just have little question, is the email of "supplemental application complete" mean the whole application is completed? Or do you get a separate email saying that your application is completed?

I just have little question, is the email of "supplemental application complete" mean the whole application is completed? Or do you get a separate email saying that your application is completed?

I have no idea, I got that email, but i doubt it means the whole thing is completed because I dont have my letters yet. So i'm pretty sure you you would get a separate email when your whole application is completed and ready for review

Last edited:
after posting the question, I log on to the site where I complete my secondary application (the link in the AACOMAS application) and saw that they have "Application Complete". Not sure anymore...

after posting the question, I log on to the site where I complete my secondary application (the link in the AACOMAS application) and saw that they have "Application Complete". Not sure anymore...
wait, where?
Update: I know what you mean, and mine says Application complete too.

Last edited:
Someone may have already answered this, but has anyone received an email confirmation or anything that everything has been completed? I completed the primary, secondary, MCAT scores and letters about 17 days ago, but haven't had an official email regarding everything being completed. Only confirmation that my primary and secondary were done.

Someone may have already answered this, but has anyone received an email confirmation or anything that everything has been completed? I completed the primary, secondary, MCAT scores and letters about 17 days ago, but haven't had an official email regarding everything being completed. Only confirmation that my primary and secondary were done.
I did get a secondary complete email "Your supplemental application is now complete.

If you have any questions regarding your application or the admissions process, please contact the NYITCOM Office of Admissions via email at [email protected]."

I didn't get an email but when I log into my secondary is says at the top "Application Complete"

Any IIs yet for anyone?

If you read the primary app, there should be a link that takes you to the secondary app. There's also an email invite once your primary is processed but that's not really necessary since the secondary is meant to be submitted within ten days of submitting the primary.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If you read the primary app, there should be a link that takes you to the secondary app. There's also an email invite once your primary is processed but that's not really necessary since the secondary is meant to be submitted within ten days of submitting the primary.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
II= interview invite

So i just got off the phone with NYITCOM. For anyone who has a score of less than 500, your application will essentially not be processed. Which means you will get a reject email pre-II (that's what i was told) because they do not process anything less than 500. If, however, you have an upcoming MCAT score/date, you should contact them back when your test become available and they will review you again given you are above 500.
Good Luck

So i just got off the phone with NYITCOM. For anyone who has a score of less than 500, your application will essentially not be processed. Which means you will get a reject email pre-II (that's what i was told) because they do not process anything less than 500. If, however, you have an upcoming MCAT score/date, you should contact them back when your test become available and they will review you again given you are above 500.
Good Luck

Did they mention anything about a possible date for when they will start sending out II's?

Did they mention anything about a possible date for when they will start sending out II's?
nope, but i told them that my new score may not be out till October and they said that may be right on time when they get to my application, so i should most def update them.

Anyone know if the 10 day rule is a hard limit. It looks like mine will be ready on the 11th/12th day.

10 day rule?

NYCOM had some issues with processing primaries, so if you applied really really early and didn't submit the secondary until like few weeks later, it's okay.

Does anyone know when Nyitcom starts sending out invites for interviews? I got an email saying they have my primary and what not; applied sometime in June. Has anyone gotten scheduled for an interview yet?

Their website states that they do not accept letters of rec via email and mail. But they are accepting letters from Interfolio this year. Has anyone submitted letters from Interfolio? How did you do it? I sent an email asking but assume they probably won't get back to me this weekend.

I emailed them asking if I could possibly substitute a DO LOR in place of the non-science faculty letter. They just emailed me back and neither confirmed nor denied I could do this :S First their email said they encouraged students to meet the established guidelines. In the next paragraph they said to submit my letters for consideration. So can I apply with my letters.. or do I need to write essays and pay a secondary fee and hope that they'll accept them? Guess I'll call them on Monday and ask for clarification.

Every other school has either said yes or no to my question regarding LORs.

Any IIs yet for anyone?
I turned in my secondary several weeks ago, and went on a site visit week before last. I have an early interview date TBD at the end of August. However, several of the second-year student ambassadors said they applied really late, and obviously they still got in. The school seems great!

I turned in my secondary several weeks ago, and went on a site visit week before last. I have an early interview date TBD at the end of August. However, several of the second-year student ambassadors said they applied really late, and obviously they still got in. The school seems great!
How did you find out you have an II date TBD?

Reactions: 4 users
Posting to get notifs. Getting very neurotic about these II's.
submitted secondary before I got the email but my app was verified like the next day so. Like July 10th ish

Good Luck
Their average matriculation MCAT last year was a 504, I'm sure people <500 get II's, especially at the Jonesboro campus. What do you mean by processed?