2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone and their baby mamas was waitlisted 12/1 I swear lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone and their baby mamas was waitlisted 12/1 I swear lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12/1 and 11/17 too at Jonesboro! I do expect movement on the waitlist tho so fingers crossed!

Still under review here. Submitted mid Oct. Any advice?

I just got an interview invite for JB Campus. Slightly late in the game I know.

Reactions: 1 users
Put on the waitlist. Got the email yesterday after waiting 3 months post interview. Decided to remove myself from the waitlist and I hope my spot goes to someone whose first choice is NYITCOM OW. Good luck to all!

Got accepted 3 days ago for OW!! does anyone know if they're very adamant about the $1500 (nonrefundable :/) being paid in 2 weeks? it would put me in a really tough spot, i wish they'd give us more time?

Got accepted 3 days ago for OW!! does anyone know if they're very adamant about the $1500 (nonrefundable :/) being paid in 2 weeks? it would put me in a really tough spot, i wish they'd give us more time?
it would not hurt to email them and ask but they are likely adamant about it if you go past the date without making them aware. All of the schools I was accepted at and did not submit a deposit notified me the next day that my acceptance was withdrawn.

Still under review here. Submitted mid Oct. Any advice?
Where did you check your status? I have been under review since Early August :( Although I have my top MD/DO picks acceptances already. But still silence and rejections hurt man!!!

Just to pile onto the "Waitlisted? Don't lose hope!" thread, I too interviewed in March and was waitlisted in April. I had a job interview lined up and a brand new life plan, and was then accepted early June - we have a ludicrous amount of movement in our waitlist. Don't bank on it by any means, but know you have a good shot of getting in compared to other schools' waitlist.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just to pile onto the "Waitlisted? Don't lose hope!" thread, I too interviewed in March and was waitlisted in April. I had a job interview lined up and a brand new life plan, and was then accepted early June - we have a ludicrous amount of movement in our waitlist. Don't bank on it by any means, but know you have a good shot of getting in compared to other schools' waitlist.
Thanks! That gives me hope. This is my absolute top choice so fingers crossed!!

I know this was probably asked multiple times but how was the interview ( at the Old Westbury campus)? is it 1-on-1? Just one interview? How many people where there during interview day? What did you think of the campus? People? Faculty?

Also what is the class size?

Thanks in advance !

Received a letter of acceptance in the mail yesterday, secondary to the email I got Monday.

Link is towards the bottom of page 25 of this thread. If the link does not work then message me for it. Congratulations on your acceptance!

Link is towards the bottom of page 25 of this thread. If the link does not work then message me for it. Congratulations on your acceptance!

Is that link exclusively for A-State students?

Removed myself from waitlist today! Hope it goes to one of you guys.
I'm actually glad, this place wasn't a good fit for me and I left feeling like my interview day was disorganized.
A couple of comments:
1. This place interviews 1000 people for 250 spots, most other schools with that many spots only interview around 600 or so.
2. They have a problem based curriculum (PBL) but its only given to about 45 people, the other 200 people in the class do lecture based curriculum. They spent my entire interview day promoting this exclusive PBL curriculum and spent no time talking about the lecture based curriculum nearly all the other students have. Our tour guides were both from the PBL curriculum and were honestly unable to answer questions on the lecture curriculum which was frustrating. PBL is not my learning style so hearing all about it all day was not helpful.

Reactions: 2 users
To all of you who got waitlisted, DO NOT LOSE HOPE. I know it’s hard but I can tell you from personal experience your time will come and it’ll happen when you least expect it. I didn’t interview at NYIT until about March and I was waitlisted in April, I had pretty much called it quits and started applying for the new cycle. I along with several others got accepted in July, and some people even got accepted like a week before school started. As always just have multiple back up plans and stay flexible to whatever comes your way. If you need help with trying to come up with options feel free to PM me, I pretty much had 50 plans lol.

To those of you that were accepted, congratulations and welcome to school, we can’t wait to see you in the fall :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I have an II later this week in OW, but from what I am reading on this thread, am I interviewing for a WL spot or are there still open spots available?? I live in another state but close enough where travel expenses will not be a huge burden. Just would like to know what my chances are at this stage in the cycle??

So I have my interview at the OW on Wednesday and the SDN interview feedback page is down (cue the hyperventilating) ! If anyone has a screenshoot or the questions on there I would forever be grateful if you could PM! Thanks!
They're going to ask you questions about your app.

anyone know if they're still sending out IIs?

Withdrew my App. The wait list competition just became one person easier. Good luck everyone! Jonesboro is pretty awesome.

If I haven't heard back from NYIT COM at this point, should I assumed that I have been rejected?

My file was complete on 11/4. Still haven't heard back. I called 2 wks ago and was informed it still under review. Im out of state (MD). Is any one else in the same boat?

My file was complete on 11/4. Still haven't heard back. I called 2 wks ago and was informed it still under review. Im out of state (MD). Is any one else in the same boat?
Hi, I am OOS (NJ) and was complete on 7/28, I received an interview invite on 12/18 and just interviewed yesterday. We were told applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Yesterday there were 16 applicants interviewing (majority from NY). If you were complete in November, I think you just have to show some patience in their process. Good luck this cycle.

Hi, I am OOS (NJ) and was complete on 7/28, I received an interview invite on 12/18 and just interviewed yesterday. We were told applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Yesterday there were 16 applicants interviewing (majority from NY). If you were complete in November, I think you just have to show some patience in their process. Good luck this cycle.
I am not sure how much to count on this. I know someone personally who applied in early august and had interview invite for october and was accepted in early dec.

Not saying its you..it's the process that can't be counted on.:eyebrow: Congrats on completing your interview :D

I have an interview next Wednesday. Am i basically interviewing for a waitlist spot? Any tips on the interview ?

I have an interview next Wednesday. Am i basically interviewing for a waitlist spot? Any tips on the interview ?

Not sure, anyone who was recently put on the waitlist mind sharing their stats? I recently interviewed and am hoping that it's just not waitlist or rejection.

Tips for the interview are to remain calm, be yourself. The staff and faculty were actually quite friendly.

Removed myself from waitlist today! Hope it goes to one of you guys.
I'm actually glad, this place wasn't a good fit for me and I left feeling like my interview day was disorganized.
A couple of comments:
1. This place interviews 1000 people for 250 spots, most other schools with that many spots only interview around 600 or so.
2. They have a problem based curriculum (PBL) but its only given to about 45 people, the other 200 people in the class do lecture based curriculum. They spent my entire interview day promoting this exclusive PBL curriculum and spent no time talking about the lecture based curriculum nearly all the other students have. Our tour guides were both from the PBL curriculum and were honestly unable to answer questions on the lecture curriculum which was frustrating. PBL is not my learning style so hearing all about it all day was not helpful.

I had a very similar experience as you! On top of that the Dean came off as really rude and narcissistic haha he told us how much money he was making as a physiatrist (PMNR Doc). I’m like great dude.. I just want to interview.

Is it still possible to get an interview? I was very early to apply and haven't heard anything back yet

Reactions: 3 users
Is it still possible to get an interview? I was very early to apply and haven't heard anything back yet
Same boat. I emailed them last week though and they said I’m still under review and they’re still sending out interviews !

Are people being waitlisted for OW or the Arizona campus?
There is no Arizona campus , it’s Arkansas and as of now it seems like a lot of people who interviewed in October, November and December from both campuses have been waitlisted.

There is no Arizona campus , it’s Arkansas and as of now it seems like a lot of people who interviewed in October, November and December from both campuses have been waitlisted.
Do you think there’s any hope for antecedent interviewees? I interviewed 1/17 and got positive feedback by my interviewer immediately after. I was surprised I was given any feedback at all, and am obviously glad it was positive but am I set up for a waitlist or is an acceptance even possible right now? Of note I was complete relatively early in the cycle maybe I was on an unofficial “interview waitlist” so I’m confused why they would take me off that just to put me on admissions wait list, especially at this point in the cycle after being complete for so long. Not to say I’m not appreciative of the opportunity and chance though.

Last edited:
Do you think there’s any hope for antecedent interviewees? I interviewed 1/17 and got positive feedback by my interviewer immediately after. I was surprised I was given any feedback at all, and am obviously glad it was positive but am I set up for a waitlist or is an acceptance even possible right now? Of note I was complete relatively early in the cycle maybe I was on an unofficial “interview waitlist” so I’m confused why they would take me off that just to put me on admissions wait list, especially at this point in the cycle after being complete for so long. Not to say I’m not appreciative of the opportunity and chance though.
I am not sure man. This is all I know from this site. There just seems to be very few people on this site of recently who have said they have been accepted. That’s all I have been going off of. That obviously doesn’t mean you won’t be accepted. Good luck to you!