2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got accepted at Jonesboro, but I am very unsure if I would be able to pull it off with getting housing and financial situations all figured out. Anyone have any advice?? You can DM me!

Members don't see this ad.

We had a student at my school get accepted 3 days before orientation. Shes staying in a hotel the first week, but honestly, dont pass the acceptance up.

I just got accepted at Jonesboro, but I am very unsure if I would be able to pull it off with getting housing and financial situations all figured out. Anyone have any advice?? You can DM me!
Congrats! call or email?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not quite sure what that's supposed to mean, but if you plan on becoming a DO I highly suggest you understand what a PA is and how they are incorporated into the healthcare team!
I know what a PA is. I personally would have never turned down a medical school acceptance to pursue that route.

I know what a PA is. I personally would have never turned down a medical school acceptance to pursue that route.
Well I'm glad you picked the right career for yourself, and I'm doing the same for myself.

Reactions: 4 users
I got accepted two weeks ago. It’s a short notice but they work with you. Lots of forms and they call you often to make sure you’re doing everything just fine. Financial aid calls you also and talks you through everything. Don’t freak out about the bill. They know you were just accepted and know your loans will take some time to process. Living was easy. I called a place that looked nice and sent the deposit electronically. Living is super cheap there btw.

Anyone still waiting on hearing back from the waitlist for JB?

Reactions: 1 users
How do you know that there is no more waitlist movement?
I agree that there probably isn’t going to be huge amounts of movement this late. However, I am choosing to be optimistic and think it’s not over till it’s over. All we need is one person to give up a space...

does anyone know if the admissions office will give feedback on our app if we were on the waitlist?

does anyone know if the admissions office will give feedback on our app if we were on the waitlist?

I called about this back in the spring when I was waitlisted, but they said they do not release that information.

Good luck to those still waiting! It's definitely not over until it's over. OW had waitlist movement last week if that makes anyone feel better!