2017-2018 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just turned down my II, I hope one of you guys gets it! Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
Just turned down my II, I hope one of you guys gets it! Best of luck!
Where do you find the stones to turn down an II before an acceptance? I'm trying to justify the same decision and can't get past the "what if" argument.

Reactions: 4 users
Where do you find the stones to turn down an II before an acceptance? I'm trying to justify the same decision and can't get past the "what if" argument.
Good question. I honestly just can't afford to go to all of my interviews and this school was lowest on my list.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just canceled my interview and withdrew my app here. I hope one of you gets my interview spot!

Reactions: 18 users
Just withdrew from my interview here, hope it falls to one of y'all

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My application says: "
  • 07/06/2017 - Your secondary application was completed by the Office of Admissions and is currently under review by the Committee on Admissions."
I still haven't heard anything

Reactions: 4 users
My application says: "
  • 07/06/2017 - Your secondary application was completed by the Office of Admissions and is currently under review by the Committee on Admissions."
I still haven't heard anything
07/11 here

I completed 8/11, got a II on Tuesday...!

Reactions: 3 users
Complete 7/17 and no hold or news either...

Complete 7/10 and got nothing but silence :bang:

7/13 complete & silence. Strange how most of us receiving the silent treatment were complete early/mid July. Wonder if there is any significance. My LM is 69/70. What about you guys who wrote above?

Was completed 8/22 and just saw the hold notice yesterday, which apparently was from 9/26.
LM 72

7/13 complete & silence. Strange how most of us receiving the silent treatment were complete early/mid July. Wonder if there is any significance. My LM is 69/70. What about you guys who wrote above?

LM ~71/72

~68

~68

I just noticed that my application was place on-hold. How bad is this? Is this essentially being rejected?

Anyone know if this school does silent rejections or mass rejections in Spring? I'm in the same boat of being complete early July and still "under review"

Complete 8/17 and still "currently under review."

Reactions: 1 user
Ya I've been under review for over 12 weeks. We've just got to ride it out, friends. And pray that the Norse gods will grant us entrance to Valhalla

Reactions: 14 users
Can anyone who interviewed previously comment on what time you were done? I'd like to get a same-day flight out but if most interviewees are actually out near 4 as the email suggests, then that might not be possible for me. Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using SDN mobile

Can anyone who interviewed previously comment on what time you were done? I'd like to get a same-day flight out but if most interviewees are actually out near 4 as the email suggests, then that might not be possible for me. Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using SDN mobile

I finished at 4

I just noticed that my application was place on-hold. How bad is this? Is this essentially being rejected?

No, it is not. If you look through previous years' threads, you'll see many people coming off hold and interviewing/being accepted.

To those wondering about being "under review" since August...I was under review from September to March. No hold. It is a long cycle, so sit tight.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

No, it is not. If you look through previous years' threads, you'll see many people coming off hold and interviewing/being accepted.

To those wondering about being "under review" since August...I was under review from September to March. No hold. It is a long cycle, so sit tight.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

When did you end up hearing back regarding your II last cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
I was invited in march, got a late March interview, waitlisted three days later, and accepted on traffic day. It wasn't last cycle, it was 2 cycles ago (time flies!!!), and I think they've shortened a couple weeks off the interview time since. The principle still holds though, you're in contention if you're invited, and invites go out at least through all of February and maybe a little March.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Does NYMC accept updates?

I believe they take updates for grades, and post interview for anything you have to update.

I'd search their website to confirm and if you can't find the answer, send an email to admissions for a definitive answer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anyone who interviewed here feel like it went pretty poorly? I really liked the school but feel meh about a few of the MMI sessions. :(

Anyone who interviewed here feel like it went pretty poorly? I really liked the school but feel meh about a few of the MMI sessions. :(
I got good vibes from the place, but the MMI was indeed tricky. It was my first one, so I have little grasp on how I did. You're not the only one!

I got good vibes from the place, but the MMI was indeed tricky. It was my first one, so I have little grasp on how I did. You're not the only one!

Thanks for sharing! It was my first MMI as well and I thought I just didn't like this style after the interview but just interviewed somewhere else with MMI and it was way more pleasant of an experience. Can't tell if that's just because I vibed better with the questions or interviewers or if I just did better the second time around. Really loved NYMC so hopefully I feel worse about the interview than it actually was!

Does anyone know for sure if this school has live lectures? I know some schools are now pre-recording lectures and not offering live lectures..

Does anyone know for sure if this school has live lectures? I know some schools are now pre-recording lectures and not offering live lectures..
Hi current M1 here! They do have live lectures as well as lectures that are recorded if you would rather watch them at home

Reactions: 2 users
Hi current M1 here! They do have live lectures as well as lectures that are recorded if you would rather watch them at home

Hi, thanks for your input! I'm interviewing in a few weeks, and I was just wondering how the professors deal with attendance and whether or not lectures are mandatory?