2017-2018 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted. Interviewed October 9th

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted as well. Interviewed mid-Oct. Kind of saw this coming since people were accepted last week, but it least there's still a chance!

Out of 1077 interviews, 300 get waitlisted and 75 get accepted off it. Those aren't bad odds considering some people will withdraw.

Waitlisted as well. Interviewed mid-Oct. Kind of saw this coming since people were accepted last week, but it least there's still a chance!

Out of 1077 interviews, 300 get waitlisted and 75 get accepted off it. Those aren't bad odds considering a good number of will withdraw.

where did you get that info?

when can students be accepted off the wait list?
at any time or only after May1???

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted, interviewed 10/9. Kind of bummed but still hopeful to hear back in the future *fingers crossed*

Is this for all schools or just here? I thought you could b accepted off the waitlist at any time
This is the case for most schools unless they specify otherwise. Some schools have "live, rolling" waitlists which mean you could be accepted off any time

I wonder if anyone was rejected or if anyone not accepted was waitlisted
I would imagine so, but it could just be that NYMC is grouping their emails so they email all the accepted emails together, all the waitlist emails together and all the rejection letters together

For people who have interviewed here, may I ask what you liked about the school? I just got an II and am unsure about attending

Reactions: 1 users
got II this morning, turning it down. Good luck to everyone still in the process!

Reactions: 4 users
Those of you who got II today, do you mind sharing stats/ complete date?

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected pre II, how do i unfollow this thread now ugh

Those of you who got II today, do you mind sharing stats/ complete date?
Would you mind sharing when you were complete?
LizzyM 74 URM, completed their secondary sometime in late July

Send it to me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Wish I could

As a side note, what should I do if I received the email but lost all the credentials and changed laptops? I know the invite might cancel itself but I don't wanna keep it waiting for a week

Wish I could

As a side note, what should I do if I received the email but lost all the credentials and changed laptops? I know the invite might cancel itself but I don't wanna keep it waiting for a week
Search for it in your email. If not, email or call their admissions office and give them your AMCAS number. I'm sure they can look you up.

Wish I could

Call them and let them know that you are withdrawing.

Search for it in your email. If not, email or call their admissions office and give them your AMCAS number. I'm sure they can look you up.
Just got it, but it includes no option to decline. Guess I'll email them then.
P.S. these were my date options

MIpDZpo.png

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!!!! Interviewed 10/31 :)
(Via email btw)

Denied post-II this morning. Interviewed 10/31. Good luck you guys

Accepted! Interviewed last October. :)

Accepted!! Interviewed 10/31!

Congrats to everyone accepted! To all of those who have received decisions, how did you think the interview went? Did you feel positively about your experience, or did you think that you performed poorly? I'm interested in seeing how decisions align with applicant's perception. Thanks in advance.

Congrats to everyone accepted! To all of those who have received decisions, how did you think the interview went? Did you feel positively about your experience, or did you think that you performed poorly? I'm interested in seeing how decisions align with applicant's perception. Thanks in advance.
I thought my MMI was very awkward in the sense that the “interviewer” was awkward. I had mixed feelings afterwards based on their reactions to some of the things that I said, but in retrospect, I think each interviewer was given a specific persona to display with their corresponding question. But I guess I did well because I was accepted. The MMI was really nothing I could have prepared for. Just went in and gave honest answers.

I thought my MMI was very awkward in the sense that the “interviewer” was awkward. I had mixed feelings afterwards based on their reactions to some of the things that I said, but in retrospect, I think each interviewer was given a specific persona to display with their corresponding question. But I guess I did well because I was accepted. The MMI was really nothing I could have prepared for. Just went in and gave honest answers.

Thank you for your reply, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who left a few stations feeling awkward!

Reactions: 1 users
I feel so stupid asking this (and asking this pretty late after my interview) but should we be sending thank you emails/updates to the office post interview? I was assuming not since it's an MMI and I didn't get anyone's contact information. This is why i'm never going to get accepted anywhere tbh

Accepted yesterday! II 10/26

LM 69ish, ORM, OOS

I feel so stupid asking this (and asking this pretty late after my interview) but should we be sending thank you emails/updates to the office post interview? I was assuming not since it's an MMI and I didn't get anyone's contact information. This is why i'm never going to get accepted anywhere tbh
Don't sweat it. I got an acceptance and I didn't send a thank you. The MMI interview thank-you etiquette threw me off as well.