2017-2018 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been complete since early August and I have heard absolutely nothing from this school. Would it be appropriate to call them and I quote about my application status?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, most schools won't get back to you by April, if at all. Plus, they get 10k+ apps a year

Got an II and passed on it. Fingers crossed that one of you gets it!

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an advantage to La Guardia as opposed to JFK? Also what do you think would be a reasonable departure time following the interview, I imagine the traffic gets a bit crazy during rush hour lol

I'm honestly not sure lol I just happened to get a flight into LGA. My flight left at 8:50pm and I think that's the earliest reasonable time. I got to LGA at 7:45 I'm pretty sure

LGA is geographically closer, but JFK is connected to the NYC metro system, which you could take the whole way to Valhalla. Just something to think about.

Reactions: 1 user
Placed on a pre-II hold! No e-mail or anything, just happened to check my portal.

Complete in late August, OOS, ORM, LM~71 (510+ MCAT, 3.9+ GPA).
Just got II dates available where: Feb 3, Feb 27 and every week of march. good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an II here this morning after months of silence. Will most likely be passing it on. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 11 users
Still in silence since beginning of July. Cmon NYMC

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning. Invite was sent around 10:00 am EST, and by 11:30 the earliest available interview day was 3/15. Not the best situation, but an II is an II.

II this morning! Complete 9/22, OOS.

Reactions: 5 users
II just now!! IS complete early july. Mid-march dates available

Reactions: 6 users
II today!!!!! I’ve been waiting for some love from this school for so long!

II!! Complete mid august, and casper in october.

Got an interview invite this morning as well! I was really starting to think I messed up on the Casper....

Rock on everyone!

Late interview is fine — schools invite based on a lot of things. Sometimes it’s stats, sometimes it’s geographical distribution of applicants, there’s a lot that goes into it. You’re being interviewed which means you have a chance for acceptance.

Myself and many of my classmates interviewed in March and April. You have just as much chance as anyone else.

Reactions: 8 users
Finally scheduled my interview day. March 20 and 22 were available.

By 3/15 they have to have offered at least enough acceptances to fill the class per the AAMC rules.

There will be interview cancellations between now and then. They invite through March. Whether they have “filled the class” or not is a mental exercise that has no bearing on reality. They will not interview if they don’t need to because it is expensive and time consuming.

In other words, your March interview is as good as your friend’s October interview. The available dates vary, depending on cancellations etc.

Updates go to mdadmit@nymc if I’m not mistaken. Usually they’re not acknowledged.

Just withdrew. Hope one of you gets the interview slot! The earliest interview dates I think were late March. Just know that you'll be getting your financial aid package after the AAMC Traffic Day, so that is why I decided to withdraw. Good luck everyone!

Haven’t heard back from them...where can I send an update to? Also, if there are only March interview dates available is to save to say they’ve prettt much accepted most of their incoming class by now?
M1 here, because of some personal circumstances I submitted my secondary + Casper on January 5th last year and got an II in early Feb for an early March date. Obviously my chances were insanely slim, but just giving you some perspective on the fact that this school definitely extends their application process until the very end. Good luck

Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew. Hope one of you gets the interview slot! The earliest interview dates I think were late March. Just know that you'll be getting your financial aid package after the AAMC Traffic Day, so that is why I decided to withdraw. Good luck everyone!

What does it mean to receive a financial aid package after AAMC Traffic Day? Is that bad?

What does it mean to receive a financial aid package after AAMC Traffic Day? Is that bad?

I believe the major downside of this is that you will have to pick one school (if you've been accepted to multiple) without the full financial aid picture if NYMC is one of your acceptances

has anyone been given a rejection/acceptance after being put on-hold??

Have an interview here soon. Could anyone give me some advice on how to prep for MMIs? Thanks in advance!

If you are nervous/shy, take some lorazepam or 2 shots of spirits. If you are boring/slow, take some adderall or a bump of yayo.

JK (sort of). All the socialization you have experienced throughout your existence should be adequate preparation for you.

Reactions: 10 users
Any 11/21 interviewees here back yet? I think this week is going to be the 6th week since then :scared:

Any 11/21 interviewees here back yet? I think this week is going to be the 6th week since then :scared:
The Admissions office has been closed for a week or so now, and they're closed through the week, I believe.

This next part is just guessing, but if they haven't already made admissions decisions for November 21st, it'll probably be at least another week on top of that.

Just noticed in my portal that I was placed on pre-II hold on 12/06. I know someone asked this recently, but it did not elicit much response... For those that have been offered interviews in the last few weeks, were any of you on hold first? Thank you!!

The Admissions office has been closed for a week or so now, and they're closed through the week, I believe.

This next part is just guessing, but if they haven't already made admissions decisions for November 21st, it'll probably be at least another week on top of that.

Yeah, I remember them saying it will most likely be mid-late January because of the holidays in between (including Thanksgiving). But I'm still sweating profusely!

Just noticed in my portal that I was placed on pre-II hold on 12/06. I know someone asked this recently, but it did not elicit much response... For those that have been offered interviews in the last few weeks, were any of you on hold first? Thank you!!

wow, I just checked and I was put on hold as well on 11/7. No notification.

Reactions: 1 users
wow, I just checked and I was put on hold as well on 11/7. No notification.
I'm still at no hold, no interview, no reject. Did yours just change recently even though they said the decision was made 11/7?

I'm still at no hold, no interview, no reject. Did yours just change recently even though they said the decision was made 11/7?

I checked the portal on 11/1 and then today. I keep a excel of whenever I check so that I know how long it's been since things were updated. I can't be sure exactly when it changed, but I definitely received no notification of it.

Which section would say hold? Interview invite?