2017-2018 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's not under this section for me. It's under the section above that. I can't remember what it's called exactly, but directly above.

Oh my, you are correct. Sorry! That's where it is for me too. Under secondary application/Admission's committee review.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 117
Just noticed in my portal that I was placed on pre-II hold on 12/06. I know someone asked this recently, but it did not elicit much response... For those that have been offered interviews in the last few weeks, were any of you on hold first? Thank you!!
Do you know when was the last time you checked and were still under review?

Do you know when was the last time you checked and were still under review?

I could have sworn when I checked the portal last (like on 12/23 or something like that) that this hold wasn't there. I could just be imagining that, or maybe I missed it, but I really don't think I did.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a hold now too. It says it went on on 10/23 but I’ve checked several times since then.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, they're definitely bamboozling us then.
Earlier this season, that happened often. They seemed to update the portals up to a couple months after the hold decision. Makes me wonder what it means that I still am not on hold but have had silence since my early august complete date

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected just now, pre-II. Never put on hold, complete 8/22

Members don't see this ad :)
Still under review as of 7/6. No rejection, no hold, just nothing lol

Reactions: 3 users
Was this through the portal or email?
Via email

"The Committee on Admissions has completed its holistic review of your credentials. We regret we are unable to offer you a place in the class entering in August 2018. Acceptance to the School of Medicine is highly competitive; this year our program received more than 11,000 applications to seat a class of 205."

I'm also OOS complete 8/28 but haven't heard back anything (no hold)...not feeling too optimistic after seeing all these R's

I'm wondering if I narrowly escaped this wave of R's or if mine is on its way right now haha

Rejected pre-II, complete late August, OOS, no hold or anything.

Kinda relieved I don't have to pay $60k/year in tuition tbh :p. Good luck everyone else!!!

I might be judged a little for this post.

I’m from California, and I was accepted to NYMC back in November. As some of you may know, marijuana is now legal in California, and this has made me want to try it out.

I don’t want to risk my acceptance to this university though, as I know that some schools drug test before matriculation. Could any current students tell me if NYMC is one of them?

Thanks.

Edit: The likes tell me that many other Californian's have been thinking the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Rejected this morning without any status changes or anything RIP me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I might be judged a little for this post.

I’m from California, and I was accepted to NYMC back in November. As some of you may know, marijuana is now legal in California, and this has made me want to try it out.

I don’t want to risk my acceptance to this university though, as I know that some schools drug test before matriculation. Could any current students tell me if NYMC is one of them?

Thanks.

Edit: The likes tell me that many other Californian's have been thinking the same.

Toke it up; no drug test pre-matriculation. You could have to submit to testing if you go to one specific clinical site for preceptorship, but that won’t be until October at the earliest.

Edited to add: you matriculate in august...thats 7= months away. It will be long out of your system by then.

12 weeks and nothing but silence. I feel like my rejection is imminent at this point.

Reactions: 2 users
12 weeks and nothing but silence. I feel like my rejection is imminent at this point.
I just want them to send the rejection so that I can get some closure and delete the portal bookmark hahaha...but we all know how these schools are always playin

I just had a question regarding the people who received a rejection yesterday. Did your portal change to decision made? My portal was changed to decision letter sent 01/04/18 but no email was sent to me regarding anything.

Declined interview invite, I hope someone else can use it! Good luck all

Reactions: 7 users
I just had a question regarding the people who received a rejection yesterday. Did your portal change to decision made? My portal was changed to decision letter sent 01/04/18 but no email was sent to me regarding anything.

I would get in touch with them if you don’t get an email over the weekend. I haven’t heard of that happening before.

Am I the only one getting a ton of reminder emails about my interview? Since scheduling it a month ago I've gotten an interview reminder email at least 4 times, and my interview isn't until March. It makes me think they regret offering me one and are trying to remind me that I can cancel if I need to lol

Am I the only one getting a ton of reminder emails about my interview? Since scheduling it a month ago I've gotten an interview reminder email at least 4 times, and my interview isn't until March. It makes me think they regret offering me one and are trying to remind me that I can cancel if I need to lol
Lol I was just thinking the same thing.

The neuroticism is strong here

Are all post-II decisions made via email? Or do they reject through snail mail?

my portal was decision letter sent 01/04/2018, but I did not recieve an email. Am I expecting my rejection letter in the mail? I mean I think its a rejection.

my portal was decision letter sent 01/04/2018, but I did not recieve an email. Am I expecting my rejection letter in the mail? I mean I think its a rejection.

When did you interview? Mine was 11/21 and I haven't gotten any portal update like that yet

When did you interview? Mine was 11/21 and I haven't gotten any portal update like that yet

oh no i didn't even get an interview, this is pre-II but i never got a rejection email it just said a decision letter was sent. I am assuming its a rejection. is it weird I didn't recieve the email?

I remember that when I interviewed there they said that waitlists and rejections are by email, and they do acceptances by email and regular mail. Did you check your spam/call them?

I remember that when I interviewed there they said that waitlists and rejections are by email, and they do acceptances by email and regular mail. Did you check your spam/call them?

I have not called them yet, but I will. I am not sure why I have recieved no E-mail from them.

Just checked my portal and I was put on hold, not sure when though. Is on hold a death sentence at NYMC?

On my interview day in the fall a dean/administrator had mentioned that the school was considering moving to P/F classes for next year, has anyone who has visited more recently received information about this?

Anyone gotten a post-hold II recently? (sorry too lazy to scroll through the pages)

On my interview day in the fall a dean/administrator had mentioned that the school was considering moving to P/F classes for next year, has anyone who has visited more recently received information about this?

I would also like to know about this

Do any of you have any idea of when we should expect to hear back or when the next decisions are coming out? Interviewed on 11/30 and anxiously waiting....

I apologize if this question has already been asked, but does NYMC accept updates? I'm in a post-bac and have a semester of new grades.

Edit: jk. Just figured out you can search in this thread only! Woo :heckyeah:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Do any of you have any idea of when we should expect to hear back or when the next decisions are coming out? Interviewed on 11/30 and anxiously waiting....

I was hoping sometime this week or next for 11/21 interviewers. Maybe by the end of January for you guys?

Edit: just remembered there was a blizzard so they might have gotten delayed on meeting