2017-2018 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school accept updates?
Yes they do! Just email it to [email protected]. You'll get an automatic reply with this message "NOTE: All submitted application updates are automatically scanned and placed in an applicant’s file for review by the Committee on Admissions. Due to the large volume of updates we receive, we are unable to send confirmation of receipt of update information."

Members don't see this ad.

Yes they do! Just email it to [email protected]. You'll get an automatic reply with this message "NOTE: All submitted application updates are automatically scanned and placed in an applicant’s file for review by the Committee on Admissions. Due to the large volume of updates we receive, we are unable to send confirmation of receipt of update information."

Hmmm I sent an update back in December and did not receive this automatic reply, nor did I ever receive a reply. :/

Reactions: 1 user
Hmmm I sent an update back in December and did not receive this automatic reply, nor did I ever receive a reply. :/
Hmmm that's odd...I would assume they added it to your file, but I don't think it hurts to check. You can probably call them to confirm they got it.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got in already...did you think you rocked each MMI station? Just kinda anxious because I am unsure how I did in a couple and thinking there's no chance :/

For those who got in already...did you think you rocked each MMI station? Just kinda anxious because I am unsure how I did in a couple and thinking there's no chance :/

I felt like I did good on a few of them (about half), for a couple I had no idea what to think, and at least two of them I thought I had bombed. Accepted almost exactly 1 month after my interview date.

Anyone know how much weight they give to the MMI as opposed to other parts of the application? I wonder if it is equally weighted like for Miami

Also, is everyone getting a bunch of these II reminder emails? lol

Yea the emails are slightly annoying but I have been heavily considering withdrawing from the II so I guess it keeps me pondering haha.

Does anyone have advice for someone put on hold?

-has anyone who has been put on hold given an II?
I'm in the same boat as you (on hold)! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but based on last year's thread, I believe they start giving post-hold IIs in March. On hold is not a rejection here, but we might have to wait some time before they re-review our applications.

Noticed today I was put on hold in October after checking due to seeing the other posts. I check the portal at least twice a week and it is the first time I have seen this hold notice.

Any canadian students get an II/acceptance?
Canadian here, I got an II in November. No hold status prior to that. LM ~ 70. Correct me if I'm wrong but NYMC is a private school without any kind of regional or national bias? I think Canadians are treated equally

Canadian here, I got an II in November. No hold status prior to that. LM ~ 70. Correct me if I'm wrong but NYMC is a private school without any kind of regional or national bias? I think Canadians are treated equally
Thanks, canadian and no hold or anything since complete august, but casper in october. LM 72

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who interviewed here / go here now, how did you like the school?

I am pretty psyched that its not THAT far from NYC, and overall it seems like the match list is pretty good!

There was definitely a Canadian at my interview day
Not to bug you or anything, but do you mind letting me know your thoughts on the school? Did you think you enjoyed the school/surroundings?

Not to bug you or anything, but do you mind letting me know your thoughts on the school? Did you think you enjoyed the school/surroundings?
I think you would have better luck talking to current students! I liked the school/facilities (really cool anatomy lab and sim center) and liked that the hospital was basically right next door to the school. Didn’t really like the surroundings, felt like it was kind of isolated in Westchester County vs being closer to NYC (NYC is definitely still accessible though).

Reactions: 1 users
I think you would have better luck talking to current students! I liked the school/facilities (really cool anatomy lab and sim center) and liked that the hospital was basically right next door to the school. Didn’t really like the surroundings, felt like it was kind of isolated in Westchester County vs being closer to NYC (NYC is definitely still accessible though).

That's basically the same impression I got on my interview day. Very nice school with very nice facilities. Interesting architecture on some of the older buildings, which makes the campus feel really nice. It is pretty secluded, which I didn't live too much, but I did like that it was a little out of NYC, because I feel like I'd get too distracted otherwise.

I submitted my secondary in August and still haven't heard back :( are they still sending out interviews or should I just assume it's a soft rejection?
I think this question has been asked every week at least. If you’re that worried you should read this thread a bit more....

Reactions: 2 users
So waitlist movement is only after April?

Waitlist moves on or about Traffic Day until potentially the week of Orientation.

Traffic day this year is 4/30.

If you’re on hold, you still can get interviewed.

If you’re not on hold, you’re not rejected. You can still get interviewed.

Interviews go through the end of March this year, none in April as far as I know.

Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Depends on what time of year. Anywhere from 2-6 weeks, and it varies year to year.

Nothing to do but be patient unfortunately.

silver lining of having a later interview is that the turnaround time is usually shorter

Hoping that those of us who are on hold will hear back soon! Would love to have a chance to go here and literally live in Sleepy Hollow!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all!

Kind of urgent, if anyone is interviewing tomorrow morning could you please PM me the location of the interview? I just deleted my email (permanently) on accident and the office is closed right now.

Thank you!

Did anyone else receive an email requesting that they email the admissions office to re-confirm their interview date and time? I thought it was just another II reminder email, but this one required action.

Did anyone else receive an email requesting that they email the admissions office to re-confirm their interview date and time? I thought it was just another II reminder email, but this one required action.
i received the email, i replied to re-confirm

Hey everyone! Interviewing next week and have a random/weird question. Born and raised in California... what would be appropriate shoes to wear in the chance it snows on interview day ?

Hey everyone! Interviewing next week and have a random/weird question. Born and raised in California... what would be appropriate shoes to wear in the chance it snows on interview day ?
Just interviewed today, we didn't walk much outside at all so regular dress shoes would probably be fine. They have a shuttle that they use to take you to the simulation center and student housing.

Did NYMC send anyone a confirmation after emailing them back your signed Terms and Conditions for Acceptance form?

Did NYMC send anyone a confirmation after emailing them back your signed Terms and Conditions for Acceptance form?
You can always call and confirm, they'll let you know.

In NY when it snows we wear these:

ImageUploadedBySDN1518010221.609060.jpg

Versatility and fashion meet.

Reactions: 5 users
I didn't get a confirmation, but I called about about 4 days later to make sure they received it.

I would go with your standard dress shoes. Even if they do get a little wet, it is still better than showing up in Timberland boots. You can always clean and recondition the shoe leather afterwards. Additionally, if your dress shoes are not leather, then you need to purchase some.

Yes, there is internal ranking into quintiles. It doesn’t cause any competition among students, it’s more like just there in the background. The quintile rank goes in the dean’s letter, and for AOA there is a percentage of the class that can get AOA based on rank and other factors.

Yes, there is internal ranking into quintiles. It doesn’t cause any competition among students, it’s more like just there in the background. The quintile rank goes in the dean’s letter, and for AOA there is a percentage of the class that can get AOA based on rank and other factors.

This question isn't exactly NYMC-specific, but can you possibly speak on those other factors you mentioned that go into whether a student can get AOA?

Like others have said, you don't spend too much time outside on interview day, but if it's gross out you could always wear a pair of weather-appropriate shoes in and then change into dress shoes once you arrive. There is a coat closet in the admin building where you can store bags/suitcases/coats

I don’t know if I’m tripping out. Checked my portal and there is an area that says “Interview Invite” . Does this mean something or does everyone have that on their portal?

I don’t know if I’m tripping out. Checked my portal and there is an area that says “Interview Invite” . Does this mean something or does everyone have that on their portal?
That’s always there

Rejected OOS LM 66, no hold. Complete July.

Rejected as well, completed July. IS. this process is so weird