2017-2018 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
4 minutes into my optional break... I'm already so over this test

Did it start for you?

So for CASPer, which "refresh" button are we supposed/not supposed to click on? I only see one "refresh" icon...

You can refresh the browser, but use the button - don't press enter on the URL

Members don't see this ad.

So for CASPer, which "refresh" button are we supposed/not supposed to click on? I only see one "refresh" icon...

uhhhhh I already refreshed on the browser a couple times. Should I not have done that?

Edit: I also did the enter on URL thing too. Hopefully I didn't just screw myself up...

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they pretty good about rescheduling if there's an issue on their end?

I'd assume they are, if it really is their fault. The thing is that the next exam is on August 10th, which is a pretty big wait imo.

Reactions: 1 user
I read in some threads from last year that they made more test dates the following days if there were technical difficulties, but not sure........

I'm not taking the test today and I already feel stressed for you guys :hungover:

Anyone still stuck at the hello screen?

EDIT: i messaged them again and they told me to reschedule

'A small group of you got stuck on a blank page, and we worked on a fix, but unfortunately we cannot implement it until this test is over. Please reschedule your test to 8pm tonight, or a future test date if that is more convenient for you. To reschedule, please click the small calendar icon on your reservations page.'

Response I just got -________-

'A small group of you got stuck on a blank page, and we worked on a fix, but unfortunately we cannot implement it until this test is over. Please reschedule your test to 8pm tonight, or a future test date if that is more convenient for you. To reschedule, please click the small calendar icon on your reservations page.'

Response I just got -________-

-________________-

hopefully I'll at least get THAT answer in time so I can sign up for the 8pm...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished. Literally. So. Stupid.

Reactions: 4 users
Lol in what way? Super easy or just generally ridiculous ?
you'll see... the most generic "what would jesus do" questions ever. made me want to pull my hair out

Reactions: 3 users
you'll see... the most generic "what would jesus do" questions ever. made me want to pull my hair out
Incredible ahhaha makes me a little less nervous

Got cut off on the third question for a few of them. Oh well LOL

Anyone on the CASPer flow for tonight? good luck!!!!!!!! :)

Just started the optional break - I feel like my answers to a lot of these questions are exactly the same lol. Going swimmingly so far though! Cannot even imagine how difficult it is to tell people apart from these answers.

just finished. skipped my break, wanted to get it over with. that was definitely an interesting experience!! was way too nervous beforehand for what it was

Just finished. Am I the only one who feels like I didn't type enough text in those answer boxes? Kindda worried about my answers....

Reactions: 2 users
Just finished. Am I the only one who feels like I didn't type enough text in those answer boxes? Kindda worried about my answers....
i typed like 2-4 sentences for each box hahaha maybe they'll appreciate the brevity. theres only so much one can type in five minutes!

lord have mercy i type at like 132 wpm and i still got cut off on the third response and had super short answers (i think it was my brain not working fast enough, not my typing) =__= does anyone else feel like this is not a great objective measure of personal characteristics? seemed pretty....common sense/generic to me....and not enough time to even get full thoughts down. NYMC pls

it was okay overall i guess, we'll see

Last edited:
lord have mercy i type at like 132 wpm and i still got cut off on the third response and had super short answers =__= does anyone else feel like this is not a great objective measure of personal characteristics? seemed pretty....common sense/generic to me....and not enough time to even get full thoughts down. NYMC pls
Yo. This. 100%

Only got cut off one one question cuz it actually required some thinking which caught me off guard lolol. Rest of them were pretty intuitive, I got 4-6 in per. Working as a virtual scribe ftw!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

IMO I wouldn't worry about CASPer too much. The test is unregulated and new. It would be irresponsible for a medical college to seriously look into this data, considering it can all seriously be debunked. They're probably just trying to collect some data for now. Maybe the test will be standardized in the future and be considered more legitimate. As long as you wrote something in the box and it is in line with basic ethics, don't worry. :)

Last edited:
IMO I wouldn't worry about CASPer too much. The test is unregulated and new. It would be irresponsible for a medical college to seriously look into this data, considering it can all seriously be debunked. They're probably just trying to collect some data for now. Maybe the test will be standardized in the future and be considered more legitimate. As long as you wrote something in the box and it is in line with basic ethics, don't worry. :)

What do you mean the test is unregulated? It's a standardized test from what I know.

What do you mean the test is unregulated? It's a standardized test from what I know.
It's taken on your own personal computer in a setting of your choosing. Contrast this to the MCAT. This draws quite a bit of critism for the validity of the results.

Does NYMC not send secondaries until CASPer test results are in? I took CASPer on July 9th and I still have not received a secondary...

Does NYMC not send secondaries until CASPer test results are in? I took CASPer on July 9th and I still have not received a secondary...
No I got the secondary before I even had registered for CASPer (which I took yesterday).

If you have a committee letter, did you ask your school to send optional letters too? Or did you just write your school's name for the committee letter and that was it?

If you have a committee letter, did you ask your school to send optional letters too? Or did you just write your school's name for the committee letter and that was it?
My committee required at least 3 other letter writers to create a packet. I have a total of 6 including the committee letter all in one document.

did anyone receive a confirmation email after submitting?

did anyone receive a confirmation email after submitting?
I don't think I did, but you can check the status on the same link they sent you and see if it says "submitted"

I took Casper last weds too but I submitted my secondary on 7/11 and it said it was submitted and completed the next day.
Via email it did or just on their portal thing?

Does it say anywhere in the portal if they have received your CASPER stuff?

My portal updated today to reflect that they received my Casper score.

A new line item appears under "SECONDARY APPLICATION & ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE REVIEW" that reads:

• The Office of Admissions has received your CASPer score.

Reactions: 8 users

A new line item appears under "SECONDARY APPLICATION & ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE REVIEW" that reads:

+1

Hey all, current student here happy to answer any questions you have. Tag me in a post or send me a PM if I don't answer. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

+2

When did all of you seeing it reflected in your portal take CASPer?