2017-2018 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry, meant Thomas Jefferson! Ugh too much school info floating around my head :whoa:
Jefferson is SKMC

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
...Rosalind Franklin. Now I'm reallllly embarrassed. Clearly need a nap.

Feeling you. On the nap. No need to be embarrassed.

...Rosalind Franklin. Now I'm reallllly embarrassed. Clearly need a nap.
Don't be embarrassed! I also feel you on the nap.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, and Jefferson didn't suddenly require CASPer haha

I freaked out that I didn't send my Casper to SKMC earlier after reading this.

Reactions: 1 users
That's odd. I was complete exactly a month before you were and my status hasn't changed at all. Not on-hold, rejected, or II. I understand that IIs and rejections haven't gone out yet, does this mean I'm going to get a II or a rejection soon?
I submitted July 26th last year, people got IIs, hold status and mine stayed the same (no change in status) until november which is when i got an II

Sorry this is so late!

First: Many of them get in every year. Lots of California and other far off places are well represented here. Several Canadian/international students as well. It's not a state school, so the apparent NY bias you see in matriculated students is just a result of more people from NY applying here overall.

Second: As far as a good comparison I can't really say, I only attend one school. I do really like it here - proximity to the city is awesome, WMC is such a great hospital, I think overall they do a great job and are really responsive to student feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thank you! Your answer is much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are there any other people who took the June 26 CASPer that aren't complete? I'm still not listed as complete here or at Rosy Franklin - I'm assuming it's taking them time to update the portal, but I also don't want to find out I screwed up on something.

I submitted July 26th last year, people got IIs, hold status and mine stayed the same (no change in status) until november which is when i got an II

So no new changes is good news? :D

Are there any other people who took the June 26 CASPer that aren't complete? I'm still not listed as complete here or at Rosy Franklin - I'm assuming it's taking them time to update the portal, but I also don't want to find out I screwed up on something.
I took the July 26 CASPer and am marked as "complete" but the portal does not say my score as been received.

I took the July 26 CASPer and am marked as "complete" but the portal does not say my score as been received.

Got it - thanks! I'm just now looking and it looks like I'm finally marked as complete, so I can ignore that I don't see anything about CASPer, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
That link to last years thread will be a goldmine of info about what happens with the on-hold process, and is proof that plenty come off of hold and get interviews/accepts.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hate to be the realist of the bunch - but no status changes means only that your status has not changed. There have also people who have been rejected after never being placed on hold (2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread)
Well great. I have felt pretty good because my status has yet to change, but this news has now put a damper on my hopes. Thanks a lot, hahaha.

Well great. I have felt pretty good because my status has yet to change, but this news has now put a damper on my hopes. Thanks a lot, hahaha.

Having now subjected myself to this process multiple times, I can calmly tell you that the most important thing is to make no assumptions and have zero expectations.

Reactions: 7 users
Having now subjected myself to this process multiple times, I can calmly tell you that the most important thing is to make no assumptions and have zero expectations.
Yeah, this is my second time applying. Evidently, I didn't learn that lesson from my first go around.

Took it that same day. Has said complete, but no CASPer score received

Casper update today, took the 7/26 test

7/26 casper, my portal just updated to show they received it.

Anyone else as antsy as I am about interview invites?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else as antsy as I am about interview invites?
YES. Any speculation as to when they start coming out? I know a few schools do not offer IIs until Sept. 1... I wonder if NYMC is one of them.

YES. Any speculation as to when they start coming out? I know a few schools do not offer IIs until Sept. 1... I wonder if NYMC is one of them.
I was looking over some old NYMC threads and last year they sent them out on August 22nd and the year previous was August 19th, I believe. I do know that AMCAS was sent out a week later this year, so maybe that has something to do with it. But who knows, haha.

I was looking over some old NYMC threads and last year they sent them out on August 22nd and the year previous was August 19th, I believe. I do know that AMCAS was sent out a week later this year, so maybe that has something to do with it. But who knows, haha.
Going through this whole application process has definitely opened my eyes as to what my greatest weakness is... IMPATIENCE hahah

Reactions: 3 users
Going through this whole application process has definitely opened my eyes as to what my greatest weakness is... IMPATIENCE hahah
I couldn't agree with you more about that!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone receive II's? I think they begin interviewing around October at the earliest?

I took the 8/10 Casper, so let the waiting game begin :corny:

Got my first II just now! LM 68, IS, non-URM

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Also, interview dates range from 9/26 to 10/19 for now.

Reactions: 4 users
II just an hour ago. OOS but from the tristate area. LM 67, URM, CASPer taken 7/9 and complete in late July.

Reactions: 8 users
Those with interviews: congrats!!!! mind sharing if your status was "on hold" prior to II ?

quick question... so there is not secondary essay etc. but they want me to pay to take an additional test which delays the application process as well as a secondary application fee of $120..... ?

Does anyone know if this school accepts "update information" throughout the cycle? Especially for those placed on-hold.

Anyone find a solution to the technical issue with the secondary (nothing showing up on summary page), or did it just resolve itself?

Anyone find a solution to the technical issue with the secondary (nothing showing up on summary page), or did it just resolve itself?

I'm currenly having this same issue- nothing I enter saves to be shown on the summary page.

I had the same problem and it ended up resolving itself. Just leave and come back to the page.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah works the next day now

Hi, everyone! I also received an II on Thursday. I am an in-stater and not a URM but my MCAT was an unbalanced 514 with a cGPA of 3.81 and sGPA of 3.85. My secondary was received on 8/08 and my CASPer was taken 8/15 and best of luck to everyone else who is applying!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, everyone! I also received an II on Thursday. I am an in-stater and not a URM but my MCAT was an unbalanced 514 with a cGPA of 3.81 and sGPA of 3.85. My secondary was received on 8/08 and my CASPer was taken 8/15 and best of luck to everyone else who is applying!
Congrats!