2017-2018 Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 12/5 and the second interviewer said there is no way I wouldn't get in.....looks like he was wrong haha
Were you notified via traditional mail or email or both?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Withdrew my acceptance, hopefully someone else here gets it if that’s how it works! Best of luck to you all!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate List- Interviewed on 1/11. Can't say I'm surprised with the explanation they gave about not really accepting anyone early.

Withdrawing from NEOMED as well (OOS, Int 12/5); I got accepted elsewhere. Best wishes to whoever takes my place!

Placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 12/5, OOS

Alternate list as well. Kinda bummed but still expected as I'm OOS with no ties to the state.

chin up! they take a lot from the alternate list!
Any idea about what amount from the alt list? From what I understood they gave around 60 acceptances last year, and thats about 25 more than their class size, doesn't seem that much.

Any idea about what amount from the alt list? From what I understood they gave around 60 acceptances last year, and thats about 25 more than their class size, doesn't seem that much.
In our intro on my interview day the dean said they gave offers all the way out to person 103 on the alternate list or right around there!

In our intro on my interview day the dean said they gave offers all the way out to person 103 on the alternate list or right around there!

Yep, my alternate list email says they accepted over 100 people off the waitlist last year. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my II here for Feb 7 (I think that was the date!) I hope it goes to one of you guys!!

just received the alternate list email. interviewed 2/7, OOS

Last edited:
Same! I wonder how many people are on the list
I thought they said they WL like 125ish. At my interview they said they tell you your rank in april/may and they took up into spot 90-100.

I thought they said they WL like 125ish. At my interview they said they tell you your rank in april/may and they took up into spot 90-100.

125? Did you hear this number on interview day? If that number is correct, then that's great news for us who have been waitlisted since they said they took over 100 people off the waitlist last year.

125? Did you hear this number on interview day? If that number is correct, then that's great news for us who have been waitlisted since they said they took over 100 people off the waitlist last year.
Yeah I believe thats what he said. He said they dont outright accept many because of how the BS/MD timing is and they have to see if those students meet the requirements. Im sure you could call admissions and they wold let you know.

Yeah I believe thats what he said. He said they dont outright accept many because of how the BS/MD timing is and they have to see if those students meet the requirements. Im sure you could call admissions and they wold let you know.
this is what I have been told as well!

I am a current M1 in neomed. I was also placed on the alt list last year so I understand all the frustrations you all are having. Therefore I would like to give you all some information I know.

1. Last year there were 114 people on the alt list. Although you all already know 100+ were accepted, the number varies year to year. They went down to ranked 30-40 in 2014-2015 and only 10-20 in 2015-2016 cycle. It all depends on how well the BS/MD class of that year is doing. Good news is that the class size increased for around 20 for the 2017 incoming class and the it very likely will be as big this year (don't quote me on that though) so theoretically there will be more spots compared to classes before 2016.

2. I am OOS and was ranked in the 50s and was accepted in July.

3. We were notified of our ranks in late April and I never got any updates on the rank list afterwards.

Feel free to ask me questions here or PM me if you want the question to be private.

Last edited:
I am a current M1 in neomed. I was also placed on the alt list last year so I understand all the frustrations you all are having. Therefore I would like to give you all some information I know.

1. Last year there were 114 people on the alt list. Although you all already know 100+ were accepted, the number varies year to year. They went down to ranked 30-40 in 2014-2015 and only 10-20 in 2015-2016 cycle. It all depends on how well the BS/MD class of that year is doing. Good news is that the class size increased for around 20 for the 2017 incoming class and the it very likely will be as big this year (don't quote me on that though) so theoretically there will be more spots compared to classes before 2016.

3. We were notified of our ranks in late April and I never got any updates on the rank list afterwards.

Feel free to ask me questions here or PM me if you want the question to be private.

Do you by any chance know why there was such a huge jump in applicants accepted off the waitlist in 2017 compared to prior years? I know you mentioned it depends on how well the BS/MD students do, so are you saying that a lot of students didn’t do well that year?

Thanks so much for jumping on here!

Do you by any chance know why there was such a huge jump in applicants accepted off the waitlist in 2017 compared to prior years? I know you mentioned it depends on how well the BS/MD students do, so are you saying that a lot of students didn’t do well that year?

Thanks so much for jumping on here!

Unfortunately I don't know the exact reason. A BS/MD told me that their class was weak so many people didn't make it into the M1 class. The increased class size might also play a role. That's all I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you feel about the student culture with th majority of the class being younger than the traditional/non trad students?

So that would mean the majority of people on the list got an acceptance? Interesting :)

So that would mean the majority of people on the list got an acceptance? Interesting :)

I want to clarify that I never really saw the stats of 100+ people in waitlist who were accepted. I just heard that you guys were presented this stats in the interview day.

Also, only around 40 people are direct entry students in my class, which means majority of acceptees did not matriculate. It might due to the waitlist pool or the timing of their acceptance offers. If they change the way they accept people the number might very significantly.

I want to clarify that I never really saw the stats of 100+ people in waitlist who were accepted. I just heard that you guys were presented this stats in the interview day.

Also, only around 40 people are direct entry students in my class, which means majority of acceptees did not matriculate. It might due to the waitlist pool or the timing of their acceptance offers. If they change the way they accept people the number might very significantly.

Im assuming its from the timing. I know personally I will already have a new app/secondaries in by the time I would hear about WL movement from them and may just go along with the new cycle if Ive already paid to submit everything.

I don't remember hearing that only 114 people made it onto the alt list?

I don't remember hearing that only 114 people made it onto the alt list?

Let me clarity again. I know there were 114 people on the alt list because it was on the rank list email from last year. But I never got an email about how many people were accepted off the alt list.

Let me clarity again. I know there were 114 people on the alt list because it was on the rank list email from last year. But I never got an email about how many people were accepted off the alt list.

Thank you for clarifying!

Thank you for clarifying!

At our interview day the director of admissions told us they were able to offer an acceptance all the way up to about person 100! Again this doesn't mean everyone from 1-100 accepted that offer which is why so many were given offers but not as many matriculate to the entering class. Does that make sense?

For those of us who are already in, do you know when we would hear about financial aid?

The newly updated MSAR says that 43 applicants were accepted off the 120-person waitlist. Maybe this is 2015-2016 data? o_O

This is probably the matriculation number and not the number of offers they made.

Yea there's no way they accepted only 43 on waitlist since I was ranked in the 50s. Unless they didn't accept people in the rank order.

Yea there's no way they accepted only 43 on waitlist since I was ranked in the 50s. Unless they didn't accept people in the rank order.[/QUOTE
I think a lot of people probably declined their offer. Someone on this thread explained it a lot better than I can

Does anyone happen to know when we will hear for WL spots? I was just curious when people in the past started hearing!

Does anyone happen to know when we will hear for WL spots? I was just curious when people in the past started hearing!

Got an email that asked us to confirm we still wanted to be on the list on April 19

Got my rank on April 28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got an email that asked us to confirm we still wanted to be on the list on April 19

Got my rank on April 28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And if you don't mind me asking you were in the 50's when did you get accepted? I am just trying to minimize my anxiousness haha.

Woohoo! Waiting for that email now..
From the email they sent us:

"On or about the second week of May following the AAMC candidate decision deadline, NEOMED will contact all candidates with Alternate List Status vis this email address (NEOMED secondary application)."

So looks like they are waiting for traffic day to see how many spots they have

From the email they sent us:

"On or about the second week of May following the AAMC candidate decision deadline, NEOMED will contact all candidates with Alternate List Status vis this email address (NEOMED secondary application)."

So looks like they are waiting for traffic day to see how many spots they have

Oh dang it. I forgot about that email :(

Withdrew from the alt list, wish everyone else all the best!

Going to withdraw my alternative list spot today.