2017-2018 Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I know, a number of BS/MD students don't meet the cut. A friend of mine who is in the CSU early-assurance program with NEOMED said that last year only 9 out of the 30 students who were accepted in the program actually met the MCAT requirements.
Do you happen to have any new information regarding status of BS/MD students?

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully the administration is more transparent with the students than they are with this WL movement (or lack thereof)

Any info appreciated... Not sure if they will be notifying us if and when they send out the first offer; I hope they do. It would be extremely helpful to know if all of the BS/MD students have been accepted and we are just waiting for a miniscule number of dropouts, or if there is a lot of petitioning going on and that's what is preventing any movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suppose that means they were all accepted, and we are just waiting for a handful of dropouts.. Man, I hope they don’t get next year’s waitlisters’ hopes so high. This wait was a soul-suck.

I suppose that means they were all accepted, and we are just waiting for a handful of dropouts.. Man, I hope they don’t get next year’s waitlisters’ hopes so high. This wait was a soul-suck.
I know for a fact that 1 student didnt make it. But thats it. I tried calling admissions because I have to move in a week and need to sign a lease ASAP and wanted to see if they had any insight on my chances. Left a message and nobody responded.

Reactions: 1 user
I think at this point I've kinda just given up on NEOMED. I would still uproot my life and move there in a heartbeat but it doesn't seem like they are going to take any of us this cycle. Extremely disappointed in how much hope they gave us in those emails earlier this cycle. :(

I think at this point I've kinda just given up on NEOMED. I would still uproot my life and move there in a heartbeat but it doesn't seem like they are going to take any of us this cycle. Extremely disappointed in how much hope they gave us in those emails earlier this cycle. :(
Same. Im glad I went ahead and reapplied instead of waiting for them to respond

I am honestly more upset with how promising they said the waitlist was during our interviews. It was heavily implied that there were a large number of acceptances late in the cycle. Oh well can't cry over spoiled milk...

The waitlist is likely closed. The accepted students have received a class list with about 150 students on it. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Last edited:
Did anyone else get an email from NEOMED with an update that the class is full?

Did anyone else get an email from NEOMED with an update that the class is full?
Yup. They handled this cycle very poorly. Probably being too transparent at the beginning and not transparent enough this summer. But the admissions committees have all the power. They don't actually care about the applicants... its a horrible truth we will always have to live with because to fight the system is to maybe lose your career.

Anyways. Good luck to all.

Yup. They handled this cycle very poorly. Probably being too transparent at the beginning and not transparent enough this summer. But the admissions committees have all the power. They don't actually care about the applicants... its a horrible truth we will always have to live with because to fight the system is to maybe lose your career.

Anyways. Good luck to all.

Is there anyway to find out what number they are up to on the alternate list at this point? I know there was movement but how much?

Is there anyway to find out what number they are up to on the alternate list at this point? I know there was movement but how much?
Hello, if it helps at all I was in the low 20s on on the alternative list and I did not hear back from them. Not sure how many students if any got offers but they did not get to 20.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, if it helps at all I was in the low 20s on on the alternative list and I did not hear back from them. Not sure how many students if any got offers but they did not get to 20.
I know someone on here was in the top 10 and didnt hear anything. Seems they probably gave out 1-2 spots. Not too happy about them claiming most of us would get accepted off the WL.

Reactions: 3 users
I know someone on here was in the top 10 and didnt hear anything. Seems they probably gave out 1-2 spots. Not too happy about them claiming most of us would get accepted off the WL.
I was tying to keep an eye out and it seems they added one person to the class over the past few weeks. My best wishes goes to you guys, don’t give up on the journey.

Thanks! Scheduled for October 19th
Hi I got an interview at become this year and I was wondering if you could give me insight on what interview day is like and what it consists of?

What is interview day like at neomed? What does it consist of?