2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Are you open to the idea of practicing primary care medicine?
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

2. Are you open to the idea of practicing medicine in a health care shortage area?
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

3. How did you learn about osteopathic medicine?
web_required_cascade.png
(text box)

4. Please indicate which of the following applies. I grew up in a community of : (text box)
- Less than 10,000 people
- 10,000 to 50,000 people
- More than 50,000 people
web_required_cascade.png

5. If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week. (text box)

6. List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school.
web_required_cascade.png

7. If you have ever matriculated into an M.D. or a D.O. program, please explain reason(s) for leaving. Please use the following format: date, institution, status. If non-applicable, please type "none".
web_required_cascade.png

8. Are you interested in being considered for the DO-DMD Program (6 year program leading to a joint degree).
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

9. Are you applying to the D.O. Program for D.P.M. Graduates?
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just shadowed a DO physician this week who graduated from here and this is one of my top DO schools to get into!

Members don't see this ad :)
Checking in!

Is anyone affected by the addition of Biochemistry as a new requirement for the entering class of 2018? I just noticed that change on their website. I wonder if that will affect the number of applicants this cycle.

Checking in!

Is anyone affected by the addition of Biochemistry as a new requirement for the entering class of 2018? I just noticed that change on their website. I wonder if that will affect the number of applicants this cycle.

Nope. Biochem is a requirement for my major so I already took it.

Checking in!

It probably won't affect the number of applicants, since NSU can accept an applicant under the condition that he or she take biochem at some point prior to matriculation.

Just shadowed a DO physician this week who graduated from here and this is one of my top DO schools to get into!
This is my top choice too. I'm retaking my MCAT on 6/29 and submitting my applications on 8/1. I hope I'll still stand a chance.

This is my top choice too. I'm retaking my MCAT on 6/29 and submitting my applications on 8/1. I hope I'll still stand a chance.

What are your current stats?

What are your current stats?
GPA 3.4 (cumulative and science is about the same), and MCAT 495. I've been taking a lot of practice tests and the highest I've gotten is a 500 on NS. I'm starting to develop learned helplessness... getting over the 500 hump feels impossible at the moment.

GPA 3.4 (cumulative and science is about the same), and MCAT 495. I've been taking a lot of practice tests and the highest I've gotten is a 500 on NS. I'm starting to develop learned helplessness... getting over the 500 hump feels impossible at the moment.

You got this man. Keep doing those practice passages!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya I got mine as well but I'm still on the waitlist for the current cycle so not sure how to take it...

3.4 both sgpa and cgpa, 503 mcat. I've been working as a scribe/nurse with over 3000 hours of patient contact.

Interesting. I wonder what there secondary screening criteria is. Nevertheless I hope you get off that waitlist because it would make one less thing to worry about

Interesting. I wonder what there secondary screening criteria is. Nevertheless I hope you get off that waitlist because it would make one less thing to worry about
They definitely do look at your application as a whole which is nice. Otherwise my stats are pretty average except for my work experience.

Just got the secondary! Hope I get an interview :D

Hello everyone! Just got secondary from NSU! Submitted primary on 5/25.

Prompts here!
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

2. Are you open to the idea of practicing medicine in a health care shortage area?
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

web_required_cascade.png
(text box)

4. Please indicate which of the following applies. I grew up in a community of : (text box)
web_required_cascade.png

5. If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week. (text box)

6. List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school.
web_required_cascade.png

7. If you have ever matriculated into an M.D. or a D.O. program, please explain reason(s) for leaving. Please use the following format: date, institution, status. If non-applicable, please type "none".
web_required_cascade.png

8. Are you interested in being considered for the DO-DMD Program (6 year program leading to a joint degree).
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

9. Are you applying to the D.O. Program for D.P.M. Graduates?
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

Edit: Forgot to number a question, total of 9 questions. I apologize.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone! Just got secondary from NSU! Submitted primary on 5/25.

Prompts here!
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

web_required_cascade.png
(text box)

web_required_cascade.png

web_required_cascade.png

If you have ever matriculated into an M.D. or a D.O. program, please explain reason(s) for leaving. Please use the following format: date, institution, status. If non-applicable, please type "none".
web_required_cascade.png

7. Are you interested in being considered for the DO-DMD Program (6 year program leading to a joint degree).
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

8. Are you applying to the D.O. Program for D.P.M. Graduates?
web_required_cascade.png
Yes No

Wow, seems pretty easy enough

I wonder what can I say on Question #4.. there is a text box...
"I grew up in a community of More than 50,000 people" and....? what else are we supposed to say in that box... haha

So some people are also still waiting for the secondary??

anybody know what the average stats are for this school

I don't understand the meaning of question #9...? Anyone?

Edit: Oh, nvm! They offer DO program to Doctor of Podiatry graduates. So if you graduated from a DPM program in the US, you would be able to apply for this school DO program.

Last edited:
whats the word limit for each text box?

So.. it does not say.. but for Question #6 i used 644 words... that's all i know..

Edit: 2000 character limit, I have to edit #6, shorten it.

Reactions: 1 user
3.4 both sgpa and cgpa, 503 mcat. I've been working as a scribe/nurse with over 3000 hours of patient contact.
Do you mind telling us when you submitted your application for last cycle?

Hi guys! Super excited about NOVA! Received the supplementary yesterday and plan on submitting it by the end of the month!

Stats: cGPA 3.92 sGPA 3.93 | MCAT: TBD

Anybody have any insight into the Dual osteopathic in dentistry degree? I never even knew about it until they asked me on the secondary... if you get accepted into the Dual degree can you decline and just do the do degree?

Anybody have any insight into the Dual osteopathic in dentistry degree? I never even knew about it until they asked me on the secondary... if you get accepted into the Dual degree can you decline and just do the do degree?
Is that's standard secondary question or did they only ask you