2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pardon my ignorance I don't know a lot about the combined program, but what is to be gained by being a physician and dentist?

Oral and Maxilofacial surgery. Requires a dual dentistry and medical degree I believe.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, quick question.

I submitted my primary apps last week of august, was verified, and received secondary apps by email from all my schools except for Nova. Do you think I am missing something from my application? I retook my MCAT Aug 19th. Are they waiting for my new score to come out? I got 506 on my first MCAT and have a 3.87 cGPA.

Thanks for any help.

Hey guys, quick question.

I submitted my primary apps last week of august, was verified, and received secondary apps by email from all my schools except for Nova. Do you think I am missing something from my application? I retook my MCAT Aug 19th. Are they waiting for my new score to come out? I got 506 on my first MCAT and have a 3.87 cGPA.

Thanks for any help.
I submitted my primary to NOVA on August 29 and haven't heard anything from them. I assumed they were out of school due to the hurricane so I'd probably give them a call on Monday.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@GrandTourer @MissAnonLot All FL schools have been out!!! We go back on Monday, so I would say call them Monday afternoon or early Tuesday if you still haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 1 users
@GrandTourer @MissAnonLot All FL schools have been out!!! We go back on Monday, so I would say call them Monday afternoon or early Tuesday if you still haven't heard anything.

Do you think, for the ones who have interviewed at NOVA, that they'll send a decision out soon? Or wait a bit longer since they halted interviews for a bit?

Do you think, for the ones who have interviewed at NOVA, that they'll send a decision out soon? Or wait a bit longer since they halted interviews for a bit?
I think it should be soon! I believe it was posted on here that the committee was supposed to meet on September 5th? If that was the case, it was before the whole hurricane mess, so it's possible they still met on that day and were just unable to send out decisions because that night it was announced that school would be canceled the next day.

If they didn't get a chance to meet, you are probably looking at another week or two to hear back.

Just submitted primary! 518, 3.7cum/sci, 3.9 grad gpa... OOS from SouthEast....Best of luck to everyone applying!

Hey guys, I submitted my secondary July 18th, and got the complete call on August 2nd. Haven't heard anything since. Should I be worried, or is this normal?

Hey guys, I submitted my secondary July 18th, and got the complete call on August 2nd. Haven't heard anything since. Should I be worried, or is this normal?
I would not be. Waiting at least a month isn't the end of the world (in my opinion but i could be wrong). and with all the stuff with the hurricane and such delaying things I am sure things are ok for you!

It looks like the school sent out a block of interviews in mid-July and has not sent any out since. I wouldn't worry, they did this last year.

It looks like the school sent out a block of interviews in mid-July and has not sent any out since. I wouldn't worry, they did this last year.
Yup. Last year 1st was sent out July 17th and 2nd was sent out Sept 1st.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I called the school this morning to ask when we could expect decisions to be made now that they are finally back in the business. They said they weren't sure yet, and that decisions have not been made!

Reactions: 2 users
I called the school this morning to ask when we could expect decisions to be made now that they are finally back in the business. They said they weren't sure yet, and that decisions have not been made!
I wonder if this has anything to do with when they will send out the second group of interview invites. Do they make decisions on the current group before sending out the next group of interviews?

I wonder if this has anything to do with when they will send out the second group of interview invites. Do they make decisions on the current group before sending out the next group of interviews?

Subjective opinion alert: I think so. The admissions people seemed quite busy and almost frantic when I called...

Definitely seems likely considering they haven't sent out any IIs since that first wave. Many schools interview in this format: interview x amount of people, accept y amount out of that original x. Repeat until all spots are filled.

Dang. This really throws a wrench in my Touro interview. They want a 3k deposit within 2 weeks. If I got accepted to Touro, I'd hate to plop down 3k and then get a Nova II.
Attention: Anyone with a Nova II, I will give you ten dollars cash for your II. I am also willing to throw in free lunch at a reputable fast food establishment.

Reactions: 3 users
Dang. This really throws a wrench in my Touro interview. They want a 3k deposit within 2 weeks. If I got accepted to Touro, I'd hate to plop down 3k and then get a Nova II.
Attention: Anyone with a Nova II, I will give you ten dollars cash for your II. I am also willing to throw in free lunch at a reputable fast food establishment.
When is your Touro interview?

It was 9/18, the Middletown campus.
Did they give you any indication of when you can expect to get a decision? If they follow the typical ~4 week timeline, I think Nova will probably release their second batch of interviews by then (and hopefully you'll be in there).

I totally empathize with you on navigating this weird timeline between different schools and saving money...I have an interview at my top DO school in November, so I'm hoping I don't get any more expensive "I have to fly and get a hotel and rent a car and $500 later" interviews until after I get a decision from them.

Did they give you any indication of when you can expect to get a decision? If they follow the typical ~4 week timeline, I think Nova will probably release their second batch of interviews by then (and hopefully you'll be in there).

I totally empathize with you on navigating this weird timeline between different schools and saving money...I have an interview at my top DO school in November, so I'm hoping I don't get any more expensive "I have to fly and get a hotel and rent a car and $500 later" interviews until after I get a decision from them.
They said 2-4 weeks. My gripe is with the ridiculous timeline for Touro's deposit. A 2 week deadline is way too short. People were complaining to the admissions dean about it AT the interview, which I thought was pretty funny because he was not expecting it at all.

They said 2-4 weeks. My gripe is with the ridiculous timeline for Touro's deposit. A 2 week deadline is way too short. People were complaining to the admissions dean about it AT the interview, which I thought was pretty funny because he was not expecting it at all.
Yeah, I agree. I thought LECOM's 30 days for $1,500 was crazy. 2 weeks for $3k is just obnoxious.

Yeah, I agree. I thought LECOM's 30 days for $1,500 was crazy. 2 weeks for $3k is just obnoxious.

I feel like even if nova hasn’t made decisions yet, they are very close to... they have to, especially since many DO schools are already swooping up great candidates

*Patiently waiting to hear back from Nova*

1wbxg4.jpg

Reactions: 20 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! Via email!!! :) SUPER HAPPY ABOUT THIS

Reactions: 17 users
Hopefully this means second batch of interviews will be sent out soon.

On perhaps a more morbid note, I wonder if there will be more acceptances offered this year with more people possibly (most likely) choosing acceptances elsewhere with Irma so fresh in their minds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Hopefully this means second batch of interviews will be sent out soon.

On perhaps a more morbid note, I wonder if there will be more acceptances given this year with more people possibly (most likely) choosing acceptances elsewhere with Irma so fresh in their minds.
My mom was encouraging me not to apply to any Florida school after what has happened in the past few weeks lol. So it's not a far possibility to be honest.

Accepted!!!!!! Dream come true!!!

Reactions: 17 users
Accepted! See you all in August. Dream = Reality :)

Reactions: 10 users
No email for me yet :( Congrats to all who got accepted!!!!

Last edited:
Accepted today also!! Interviewed August 29th and realllllly love this school <3 <3

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats everyone! I've been complete since July 3rd so I feel everyones pain!!

Is it too early to create an accepted students Facebook page? Haha

Has there been any II since Aug??

For those who were just offered II today, what options did you guys get for interview dates? I was only given one date October 3rd and I have another interview in another state that day, and I don't know what to tell them/if I can ask for another option because I really want to go here too but I dont have any acceptances yet and I want to attend both interviews

For those who were just offered II today, what options did you guys get for interview dates? I was only given one date October 3rd and I have another interview in another state that day, and I don't know what to tell them/if I can ask for another option because I really want to go here too but I dont have any acceptances yet and I want to attend both interviews
Did you get an II today?

I was just offered II but there are no dates available at all. I'm going to call during business hours tomorrow and see what they have. If I were you, I'd hold off on scheduling and call them tomorrow too.