2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Literally praying with all my might for an II soon :( Congrats to those who received one today!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on those who have received II recently. You guys will love the school and will kill the interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invitation received today! I am also not seeing any dates available, so I am guessing they want everyone to call for now.

Does anyone know the interview : acceptance ratio for this school?

Congrats everyone who received a II today! Rooting for you all.

I spoke to them on the phone and the person from their call center told me my file has been reviewed but the 'decision is pending'. What does that exactly mean? Will they put my file on hold and look at it again later?

I spoke to them on the phone and the person from their call center told me my file has been reviewed but the 'decision is pending'. What does that exactly mean? Will they put my file on hold and look at it again later?
Maybe they are waiting to hear back from the II they sent out yesterday before they begin rejecting and/or sending out more II?

Edit: I called and they said the same thing. They might be one of those schools that leaves "under review" statuses indefinitely.

Last edited:
Congrats, to all of u that got accepted. How may people did u interview with and what kind of questions? Thx

Congrats, to all of u that got accepted. How may people did u interview with and what kind of questions? Thx
The entire group was around 20 students and we were split into two different groups. One group interviewed first while the second group took a guided tour of the school with medical students. The actual interview was pretty quick (mine was ~15 mins) and actually nice and laid back! It was two on one and open file style. Definitely know your academic path and extracurricular activities well!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The entire group was around 20 students and we were split into two different groups. One group interviewed first while the second group took a guided tour of the school with medical students. The actual interview was pretty quick (mine was ~15 mins) and actually nice and laid back! It was two on one and open file style. Definitely know your academic path and extracurricular activities well!
Great, thank you

Looked at the interview link again today and some options were available (the links were blue). A call may not be required, current invitees!

How long did it take to hear back from NOVA after getting the application complete call?

Is it too late to submit my secondary app for this school? I hit a financial rough spot and had to put some secondaries on the back burner. I can afford the secondary fee now, but I'm worried it's too late to apply. Stats in signature.

Is it too late to submit my secondary app for this school? I hit a financial rough spot and had to put some secondaries on the back burner. I can afford the secondary fee now, but I'm worried it's too late to apply. Stats in signature.
Your stats are pretty good and you're close to being IS, I would say go for it.

I want to learn about the local things to do. Just trying to get a feel for the area while I am down here. Thanks

Please NOVA! I'll do anything you want, I swear!

Does calling or sending a letter of intent do anything for your case here? I'm IS and would really like to stay close but i haven't heard back from this school yet.

Does anyone know what time the interview ends? On the program it says there's a campus tour 2:30-3:30 but last year people were saying it's optional. Just trying to figure out flight times.

Does calling or sending a letter of intent do anything for your case here? I'm IS and would really like to stay close but i haven't heard back from this school yet.
Did you get a secondary from them? I sent my primary to them in August and did not get a secondary. I sent a brief email about it a week ago and a couple days after that I received an email for "friendly reminder to finish secondary." I am pretty sure they forgot to send me the first email for the secondary!

Did you get a secondary from them? I sent my primary to them in August and did not get a secondary. I sent a brief email about it a week ago and a couple days after that I received an email for "friendly reminder to finish secondary." I am pretty sure they forgot to send me the first email for the secondary!
If you go back a couple of pages away in this thread, there is a user that posted a direct link to their secondary portal. I submitted my primary, waited for about 25 days and still didn't get a secondary. I went ahead and used that link, filled the secondary, and got a complete call from them after 3 days of submitting it.

I'm a Florida resident and have gotten 7 II but the one I care about the most is Nova. Nova please show me some Florida love!!

Reactions: 2 users

Yeah I got a secondary and have been complete here since 6/26

I was complete today
MCAT=498
GPA: 3.4
SGPA:3.69
URM
Non-Trad
Do I have a shot w/ NOVA???

Have been complete for more than 3.5 months, and I have emailed (and called) them a few times since then to ask for any updates, with no responses. Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Reactions: 5 users
Have been complete for more than 3.5 months, and I have emailed (and called) them a few times since then to ask for any updates, with no responses. Is anyone in the same boat as me?
I called a few weeks ago and they just told me I was decision pending. They transferred me to the admissions person but it went to voicemail and I left a message with no response. Reapplicants have said that Nova leaves everyone under decision pending until may.

I think we got silent rejects :( no beaches and sunshie for us

Yes same! I'm surprised I haven't been able to get a hold of someone to speak to

I don't think Nova has even had that many interview days so far? I would be patient. So many people get into this school like last minute (I know this from personal experience with friends and from reading the threads from previous years).

I volunteered with someone that got off the waitlist on their first day of class this year. Point is, miracles do exist lol.

Can I just say that having two Christina Yang profile pics in the same thread is quite confusing. :confused:

They also send out pre-interview hold letters in the mail but it doesn't seem anyone has gotten one of those yet. This office is very disorganized from what I can tell and what I've heard from current students. I think they're just really behind this year with everything because of the hurricane.

I was complete today
MCAT=498
GPA: 3.4
SGPA:3.69
URM
Non-Trad
Do I have a shot w/ NOVA???
Last year they said they were looking for MCATs above 500. In the interview they mentioned they do have unpublished cut off criteria

I think we got silent rejects :( no beaches and sunshie for us
Last year I got a rejection letter in the mail before the end of August. I think they are really behind. Don't give up hope yet!

Is there a MCAT minimum for this school?

No hard minimum on MCAT. Off the NOVA website:

"No, we do have an average MCAT score which is a 28. Current trends in new MCAT format scores for the entering class of 2017 average at 506."

Did you guys answer these secondary questions as essay questions? They just don't seem like essay questions??? Compared to what other school's essay questions look like and the fact they have yes/no for important questions like "Are you open to the idea of practicing primary care medicine?"............... I am very unsure of how to answer these questions? Any insight on how you guys answered the questions?

Did you guys answer these secondary questions as essay questions? They just don't seem like essay questions??? Compared to what other school's essay questions look like and the fact they have yes/no for important questions like "Are you open to the idea of practicing primary care medicine?"............... I am very unsure of how to answer these questions? Any insight on how you guys answered the questions?

Yes, definitely answer each of the essay questions with at least a short essay.

I am complete for like 2 weeks.
Still waiting for ii.
Don't have do letter,just MD.
513 MCAT, 3.7 GPA from an ivy, and international.
Hopefully I will get to enjoy some sunshine

I did not write any essays on Novas secondary application and I was accepted. Write as much as you see fit. Good luck!

I am also an international (Canadian), 517, 3.7 and I'm still waiting to hear back about an II. I think they might be interviewing internationals later because I haven't heard of anyone getting an II yet. Really hoping to hear back, Nova is one of my top choices. I love warm weather.
Hey! I am Canadian applicant too. Do you mind telling me when you were complete?